Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 1
daro2096

· Total Rebels: 1,121
· Newest Rebel: paul kerr

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [35 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [13 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 152
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Trevor Hoyle Novel
briggsy1
Well I've just taken the plunge and bought a second hand copy of Trevor Hoyle's paperback novelisation of the first four episodes of Blake's 7 which I've never read before. Any other members read this - is it a good read? Does it differ much from the final broadcast episodes? I'd be interested to hear your opinions.

BradPaula
I have a copy. Of what I remember there are little differences but for the most part it is very similar to what was broadcast. I enjoyed reading it.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

briggsy1
Great stuff. I wonder if the writer based it on the scripts or the final televised episodes?

One Spare Part
I have 3 B7 novels from when it was still being shown. The last of these goes beyond the final episode with Avon and Vila having survived. That's how the book ends...I seem to remember Avon's brother makes a brief appearance. I read it as if it was a precursor to the next adventures of Avon and Vila. Will have to dig them out now. It's been a while since I read them.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

BradPaula
One Spare Part wrote:

I have 3 B7 novels from when it was still being shown. The last of these goes beyond the final episode with Avon and Vila having survived. That's how the book ends...I seem to remember Avon's brother makes a brief appearance. I read it as if it was a precursor to the next adventures of Avon and Vila. Will have to dig them out now. It's been a while since I read them.

I believe you are talking of Afterlife by Tony Attwood.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Joe Dredd
One Spare Part wrote:
I seem to remember Avon's brother makes a brief appearance.

Well remembered, though to be pedantic it was actually his sister. Her name was Tor Avon. [/orac]

Travisina
briggsy1 wrote:

Great stuff. I wonder if the writer based it on the scripts or the final televised episodes?

Not sure about the first book, but the second - 'Project Avalon' (which combines 'Seek-Locate-Destroy', 'Duel' and 'Project Avalon' ) was based on the scripts and has some interesting differences from the screened eps, eg mutoids are referred to as 'androids', and it's Cally rather than Jenna who goes down to Avalon's planet.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

I believe you are talking of Afterlife by Tony Attwood.

Thst's the one. Just dug it out of my book collection.

One Spare Part
Joe Dredd wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:
I seem to remember Avon's brother makes a brief appearance.

Well remembered, though to be pedantic it was actually his sister. Her name was Tor Avon. [/orac]

Dead right on that. Just found my copy and flipped to the end. You know, I had persuaded myself years ago that it was his brother. Must have been the reference to him in Zen's defence programme! I haven't got the memory ability of you guys!! Happy

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.39 seconds
21,045,324 unique visits since 8th January 2014