Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 1
Ellen York

· Total Rebels: 1,181
· Newest Rebel: MylordAvon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [23 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [24 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 166
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
41st Anniversary Rewatch - B5 Pressure Point
trevor travis
The episode: Barney Five – Pressure Point (Carry On Guessing And Hoping)
The date: Tuesday, May 7th, 2019
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which Blake believes in his own invincibility and a member of his crew pays the ultimate price as a result. Before that, Gan and Avon survive close skirmishes with death in what is clearly a foolhardy mission; and David Maloney (the man tasked to make a complicated sci-fi series on a shoestring) must have been rubbing his hands with glee when the big reveal at the end of the episode is a nice, big, cheap empty room!

Episode in a word: Hubris.
Character to cheer: Jenna. The boys decide, as this is a really dangerous mission, that they’ll teleport down, and leave Jenna and Cally on the Libby. Fortunately, Jenna is having none of it. She manages to capture Servie, free Veron, and set off after Blake and Travis. Travis hares along to the empty room, out of breath. Moments later, Jenna, Servie and Veron turn up, fresh as a daisy. Jenna has even given Servie time to change into that dress which has the dead salamander clinging onto her chest. Clearly, Jenna was sensible enough to see the sign “LIFT DOWN TO MAIN CONTROL ROOM” that both Blake and Travis ignored.
Character to boo: Blake. Absolutely no doubt about this one. He presses on with his plan, despite it being clear that things are going very wrong. In particular, there’s the scene with Gan inside the church ruins, where Gan warns Blake that “the risks are doubled now” and “you’re guessing, Blake, guessing and hoping”. Blake overrides Gan’s concerns and the inevitable happens. And then Blake goes and leaves Veron all alone in the Forbidden Zone. Worst rebel leader. Ever.
Recognisable Face: Yolande Palfrey (Veron) played a waitress, Janet, in “Doctor Who: Terror Of The Vervoids”, which was part of the messy Trial Of A Time Lord season in 1986. Sadly, she died a few years ago, while still only in her 50s. Incidentally, she was 21 when she played the role of Veron.
Is Soolin looking lovely this week?: Yes.
Best line: “You see, it's the great illusion, Blake. You give substance and credibility to an empty room, and the real thing becomes undetectable, virtually invisible.”

Blake's 7 will return in… Carry On Philosophical Flea.
Edited by trevor travis on 01 May 2019 15:37:11

JustBrad
i.imgur.com/s132xaR.jpg
Vila: I can hear someone on the other side, mumbling.
Blake: What are they saying?
Gan: Hold the door.
Avon: We're screwed.

trevor travis
i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Louise400/S2E5.png

AVON: It's at times like these, that I wish I'd gone straight.
VILA: Oi! That's my line!

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/7QDcN50.jpg
i.imgur.com/RjDtsBA.jpg

BradPaula
TT, as usual, your episode synopsis is brilliant and funny. Brad and Hugbot, great captions/artwork. The multi-colored corridors always made me laugh. Green, then blue, then red or whatever- we are made to believe they are entirely different corridors only by the light! They do the same in the corridors of Albian in Countdown. But I guess that is all part of the charm of Blake's 7.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
Brilliant stuff, chaps!
I second Paula's comments Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

trevor travis
A reminder that this rewatch takes place tonight at 7.45pm UK time.

Travisina
Alas, once again I won't be home in time - got to work late Sad

Looking forward to catching up with the thread later...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Mrs_Underhill
JustBrad Smile Now's the perfect time for Game of Thrones crossover!

trevor travis wrote:

i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Louise400/S2E5.png

AVON: It's at times like these, that I wish I'd gone straight.
VILA: Oi! That's my line!

Now I'll look at it and always remember how PD fell of monkey bars in real life in Star Games, here. Smile

Hugbot - ah, I love this! Such bright primary colours in what's supposed to be a grim, tense scene. Smile

Mrs_Underhill
Ok, I just had to try and see how Avon would have looked in original June Hudson spiked collar. What do you think? I admit there's something in it...

i.imgur.com/RhYKHVG.jpg

JustBrad
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Ok, I just had to try and see how Avon would have looked in original June Hudson spiked collar. What do you think? I admit there's something in it...

i.imgur.com/RhYKHVG.jpg

Well, when you're on the night watch, it keeps you from nodding off... more than once, anyway.

Mrs_Underhill
JustBrad wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

i.imgur.com/RhYKHVG.jpg

Well, when you're on the night watch, it keeps you from nodding off... more than once, anyway.

Yeah, it's the opposite of an airplane neck pillow. Cool

One Spare Part
The collar makes the outfit look more like a Dr Who outfit somehow.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

littlesue
Just getting ready. Tea, biccies, choccies..and tissues................
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

BradPaula
Just been out voting in our primary election. It's a rainy day so I don't feel badly about not being in the garden but doing the rewatch instead. This is a good episode and I'm looking forward to it. Hello everyone!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Hugbot
Evening all! Oops

Finally Blake is 'coming back' to Earth as he promised in TWB ... I bet he will strike a successful blow for freedom!

On the other hand, knowing Blake ...

stormypetrel
I’m here! I could do with something cheerful after spending the afternoon failing an exam.

Oh...wait...

JustBrad
This episode is quintessential Blake's 7.

One Spare Part
Evening everyone. Welcome to this evening's viewing: Come Die With Me.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

JustBrad
stormypetrel wrote:

I’m here! I could do with something cheerful after spending the afternoon failing an exam.

Oh...wait...

Don't worry, Blake fails his exam, too.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.66 seconds
25,116,592 unique visits since 8th January 2014