Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,244
· Newest Rebel: paulboy

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 188
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Mar 2019 Ficlet Challenge
Travisina
Wonderful, wonderful stories! I laughed out loud at Paula's and Hugbot's award ceremonies (Hugbot, thank you for all the references, including Space Patrol and Star Blazers! )

And the serious stories are really chilling - kudos Annie, and Hugbot again!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Anniew
Aw thank you for those nice comments. I’ve loved the comic stories and Hugbot’s take on the prompt was wonderfully creative. I’ve always thought that Avon is really the emotional one in the Blake/Avon partnership and enjoy portraying that.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

littlesue
I know this is a totally unscientific premise; I know it doesn’t make sense; but blame PC.
She said Lizard…and I’m afraid not one, but two lizards came to mind……

…We Interrupt this Transmission.

“Thank goodness that’s gone,” Dayna announced.
“Has Cally recovered from seeing that…thing?” Vila asked, “It’s put me right off my dinner…”
“Orac has something of interest concerning the name that computer called itself,” Avon began, “I won’t bore you…”
“Good”, Vila mumbled.
“…but it seems the name Moloch is the name of an old Earth God.”
“Earth?” Tarrant asked, “How did it find out about that?”
+It is really quite simple+ Orac said.
Avon removed the computer’s key before it could continue with its long, rambling explanation.
“Radio waves,” Avon said, “Signals from Earth that have escaped the atmosphere and radiated out into Space until they have come into contact with something or someone.”
“And one of those signals reached here?” enquired Dayna.
“Naturally.”
“Just how many signals are there radiating out?” Tarrant asked.
“Hundreds?” Vila suggested.
“Thousands?” Tarrant put in.
“Millions,” Avon informed them, “In fact, ever since man started broadcasting, those waves have travelled out into the Galaxy…and Moloch was just one such instance of our past catching up with a future being.”
“And much good it did him,” Vila informed those gathered on the Flight Deck.

The planet seemed pleasant enough.
But what caught their interest was the plateau surging out of the desert around it.
Vila had declined to go, but promised to stay alert as the others teleported down.
The jungle that greeted them was lush with huge fronds almost blocking out the sky.
Tarrant was thoughtful, “You know this reminds me of prehistoric…”
His words were drowned out by a deep, bellowing roar; followed by an answering call of equal magnitude.
“What….” Dayna said nervously, “Was that?”
Even as she spoke, the fronds ahead of them were parted by a grotesque beast, its tongue shooting out, tasting the air.
Another very similar beast emerged from the jungle on the other side.
Their roars were deafening as they charged at each other.
All four stood stock still; one false move and those beasts would come after them.
It was Cally who broke the strained silence.
“Something’s not right.”
“What isn’t?” Avon asked.
“Well look at them…they look just like ordinary plain lizards with bits stuck on them.”
“She’s right,” Dayna said, “We had lizards on Sarran…much smaller than that!”
“Well Avon?” Tarrant whispered, “What is your considered opinion?”

Avon’s voice awoke the dozing Vila.
“What do you mean giant lizards with bits stuck on them?”
“Perhaps Orac can provide that answer…”
The computer has already deduced the problem.
It chuckled.
That concerned Vila…a lot.
+It would appear that the radiating signals from Earth have intercepted the teleport signal…+
“What?” Avon’s voice crackled back over the intercom.
+…and you are in the midst of an Irwin Allen production+
“WHAT??”
+Possibly The Lost World, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The Time Tunnel…the list is quite extensive+
“Vila! Get us out of here…NOW!”
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

JustBrad
A gentleman, to misuse the word, approached a dais in a dimly lit room. “I would like to thank everyone for not attending. We are not here to not honor those who have not done special service to Central Security. My personal thanks to both those who have not won, but also to those who were not nominated, because as we all know…”

The room chorused as if in one voice, “None of this ever happened and we were never here!”

The gentleman donned a thin smile. “I will get straight to business as we all have projects to get back to that we must deny working on, even to each other.”

“First, an unpleasant task, I must strip Alta Morag of the award I presented her last year. Her work on the Blake case was exemplary, but in our business, it is about the end, not the means, and thus far, the Blake case has not ended well. In fact, it has not ended at all. Nevertheless, I appreciate her efforts. “

“Our first award this year goes to Psychostrategist Carnell, who not only saw to it that Servalan never got her hands on IMIPAK, but maintained his image of infallibility by blaming the failure on a lack of intelligence from his patron. His only shortcoming was his inability to capture Liberator, but in that, he is not alone, and it was not his primary mission.”

“Next, the award for overly elaborate plans goes to the interrogation group in Outer Gaal who successfully brought down Governor LeGrand with a ruse so ridiculous as to be sublime. Congratulations. If only you had succeeded in taking out Blake as well.”

“Finally, I wish to give a posthumous honorary lifetime achievement award to Space Commander Travis. While not a member of our little clique, he often worked to our ends. His dedication to duty was legendary. Though treasonous and not sanctioned, his deal with the aliens ended in our favor, and brought chaos to the galaxy, and as we all know, chaos is a ladder. So get out there and start climbing. One final note, something I will deny saying and you will all deny having heard: As we failed to recruit Space Commander Travis, I should like to recruit his erstwhile mentor, former Supreme Commander and now President Servalan. Good night, and good luck.”

As the agents melted away into the darkness, a young woman approached the gentleman. He smiled his thin smile. “Ah, Bartholomew, what can I do for you?”

“I’m a bit confused, sir. You just said that you wish to recruit Servalan, but you approved my coup.”

The gentleman nodded. “Servalan’s talents will be a boon to our pacification program. I wish her to join us, but she would never do so as Supreme Commander or as President. She must fall, but she must also survive. Now, back to work with you.”

Mrs_Underhill
littlesue - great idea with ancient radiowaves influencing future myths! Smile

JustBrad - funny and spot-on with super-secret awards for super-secret agents! But it also gives plausible explanation for Anna's motives in RoD. Loved it!

BradPaula
littlesue- laugh out loud funny. Loved the ending.
JustBrad: Chaos is a ladder. Methinks you cribbed that from Game of Thrones. Littlefinger would be a great character in B7 now I think of it.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

littlesue
BradPaula wrote:

littlesue- laugh out loud funny. Loved the ending.
JustBrad: Chaos is a ladder. Methinks you cribbed that from Game of Thrones. Littlefinger would be a great character in B7 now I think of it.

I knew which two lizards you would know that I was thinking of!!! Grin

littlesue
And now.....piccie by Lurena!

‘And The Winner Is….’

The Master of Ceremonies took his place on the podium and stared out into the mass of the Federation great and the good all seated at their tables. They had been well fed and watered, so to speak, and were now excitedly awaiting the announcements.
Not that they expected any surprises; they already knew who the winners would be, but it would be impolite not to clap and cheer.
Not only impolite, but also unwise, if they wanted to keep their positions in the hierarchy of the Federation.
The Master of Ceremonies briskly tapped the podium; it was time.

“This is a useless waste of time…”
“What is?” Blake asked Avon.
“This Award debacle. Why you would want to make me watch it…”
“Well it seems,” Blake began,” that there is one award you may be interested in. It’s for the greatest Computer Expert…but it’s not you.”
“Didn’t even make it to the nomination stage,” Vila grinned.
“So who….”
“It’s obvious,” Jenna put in, “The man who caught you…”

“Is that why you consider this award ceremony to be a waste of time?” Cally inquired, “Or would you rather shut yourself away in your cabin and do something more…productive?”
Avon folded his arms defensively.
“…Or is it because this award ceremony has dented your professional pride?” Blake said knowingly.
“If we are to watch this abomination, then perhaps we could watch it in silence,” Avon declared.

The Master of Ceremonies cleared his throat.
“Supreme Commander Servalan, Space Commander Travis, Ladies and Gentlemen. Pray silence for the first award. It is my great pleasure to announce the winner of this year’s Greatest Pilot award. It goes to…”
An acolyte approached the podium.
The Master put his hand over the microphone and whispered, “Missing? Well go and find it. Someone must know. I’ll carry on with the Greatest Shot…what? That one too? The Number one Computer…that one as well? All of them!!!”

“Oh dear,” Vila said, watching the live feed and the growing panic on everyone’s’ face, “It seems they don’t have any awards. I wonder why?”
“This hasn’t anything to do with you, does it Vila?” Blake asked.
“I don’t find this remotely funny,” Avon informed them all.
“Not just me. I can’t take all the credit. There’s Jenna, she piloted us in, Cally made sure we weren’t shot at, I opened their totally unsafe safe and Gan did the rest…except he got a bit carried away.”
Gan got up and walked over to the armoury. He picked up a golden statuette from the space at the bottom of the recess.
“Here you are, the award for the Greatest Computer Expert”.
He placed it on the table.
Avon’s face lit up.
“And it seemed a shame to leave the others there all alone.”
Gan returned to the recess and the turned round with five more statuettes, “So I took them all!”

i.imgur.com/AJh6IJ2.jpg

JustBrad
BradPaula wrote:

JustBrad: Chaos is a ladder. Methinks you cribbed that from Game of Thrones.

Admit it, if they had made Game of Thrones in the 80's, Scott Fredericks would have been the perfect Littlefinger.
Edited by JustBrad on 30 March 2019 01:22:35

Anniew
Thems good stories Brad and Sue. Really enjoyed them.

BradPaula
Loved your awards story, littlesue. If they could not be nominated and win, steal the whole thing! Typical Blake's 7 response.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
The Administrator and the Priest

Federation Administrator Wilson wiped his brow. His office was stifling hot, the air stirred only by a slow ceiling fan. After two years, he was still unused to the climate, and was convinced he’d been sent to Banias as some sort of undeserved punishment.

The planet had no strategic value, and had been largely ignored until the discovery of extensive gold deposits attracted the attention first of adventurers and smugglers, and then, as word spread, the Federation. Conquest had been swift, but ruling these primitive people was a different matter.

“You understand why I’ve sent for you?” Wilson pushed a data pad across his desk towards High Priest Ashael.

The priest glanced at the message, but did not pick it up. Wilson eyed him resentfully, envying the other man’s loose robes. He wouldn’t have minded adopting more suitable clothing, but rules were rules, and he had to sweat uncomfortably in regulation black uniform.

“Confirmation from Federation High Council,” continued Wilson. “Banias is subject to Federation Law. No more children are to be sacrificed to Moloch.” He mispronounced the name as ‘Moe-lock’.

The priest folded his arms. “If Moh-loch does not receive his sacrifice, the crops will fail.”

“They won’t fail. And even if they do...” Wilson was aware that he was contradicting himself, but pressed on, “...the Federation will generously supply all your needs.”

“In exchange for plundering our gold,” said the priest pointedly. “We do not need the Federation’s generosity. We look after ourselves.”

“You murder your own children!”

“How many men, women and children did your Federation slaughter when you conquered our planet? Moloch takes only one child, once every three years, and in return is bountiful. The most noble child born within that triennium is chosen. It is an honour for the family.”

A knock at the door interrupted them, and Wilson’s expression softened as Kaija entered with a tray of iced drinks. He’d surprised himself by falling in love with this sweet, gentle girl; the only good thing about this wretched planet. Their son toddled behind, clutching her skirt.

The priest stroked his beard. “The Federation rules Banias,” he mused. “Therefore, yours is now the highest-born child.”

Kaija smiled. “We are honoured,” she said, bowing to the priest.

Wilson stared at them in dawning horror. “You can’t mean… no! It's forbidden! I won't let you!”

“You cannot prevent it,” stated the priest, picking up the boy. He put his arm around Kaija, and led them out of the office.

They paused outside the closed door, listening to Wilson’s frantic voice calling for a ship – any ship – to take him and his family away from Banias.

“You did well, my child,” the priest said quietly. “Are you content?”

“Yes, thank you, Father. Wilson is a kind man. He just doesn’t understand our ways.”

The priest smiled. There had been no sacrifices on Banias for as long as he could remember. The ceremony was symbolic, honouring Moloch with the image of a child created out of fruit and flowers. It served two purposes: to confirm a good harvest, but also to rid them of the latest Federation administrator. He hoped Wilson would not be replaced too soon.

Anniew
Oh nice misdirection, Travisina... clever story . I enjoyed that.

“Well done. Well done. We’ve given the Federation a bloody nose.” Blake fairly glowed with happiness as they materialised.

“You’ve given me one as well,” Vila complained, his voice muffled by the red blotched hanky he was holding to his nose.

“ Aahhh.” Avon leaned painfully back against the teleport station.

“Are you alright, Avon?” Cally enquired solicitiously.

“If you can call being trodden on by a large, and angry ruminant alright, yes I’m fine, “Avon snapped in reply, massaging his bruised foot.

“Oh come on, it was tiny,” Blake blustered, “And hardly angry...just a little startled.”

“Of course it was startled. I told you it would be startled. Transporting down into a herd of wild Nuagas was stupid. As anyone but a fool would have realised...Vila, you’re dripping all over my trousers...Get to the medical room.”

“It was good camouflage,” Blake argued defensively.

“It was a good way of getting us killed.”

“It worked didn’t it? We managed to get to the block unseen and we disabled the communications array ..”

“ WE? I seem to recall it was me that managed to do that...Vila huddled in a corner holding his nose and whimpering, while you stood around demanding I hurried up.

“Yes. Well. You were the one with the necessary skills. Do you expect an award for using them or something? We are supposed to be rebels, you know..”

“An award, Blake? Not at all.” Avon prised himself from the wall and gingerly limped towards the door. “Nobody...positively nobody ...gives out awards for stupidity.”
Edited by Anniew on 01 April 2019 15:19:01

Travisina
Thanks, Annie Smile

And well done to you for your stories, and to everyone else for your great responses to the challenge!

Mrs_Underhill
Nice optimistic twist, Travisina! One needs those from time to time, even in B7.

Annie, great character voices!

Anniew wrote:
“An award, Blake? Not at all.” Avon prised himself from the wall and gingerly limped towards the door. “Nobody...positively nobody ...gives out awards for stupidity.”

Haha except Darwin's award of course!

Lurena
Thank you all for your great, clever, entertaining and humoristic stories!
I had a wonderful time reading them!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories and *my PD as Kerr Avon Tribute*
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
28,940,702 unique visits since 8th January 2014