Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,093
· Newest Rebel: Steve Wraith

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [34 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
3% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [23 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [11 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [8 Votes]

Votes: 143
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blakes 7 in the US
MrEModels
Just wondering, as research for an upcoming Blakes 7 In Character podcast episode, does anyone know just when and how the show was shown in the US please?

https://www.facebook.com/MrEModels/
BradPaula
I can only answer for our area - the Midwestern portion of America, near Chicago. In September 1985 our local Public Broadcasting Station located in Chicago (WTTW) started airing Blake's 7. They already had been airing Doctor Who on Sunday nights, stringing the episodes together to form one story. Blake was broadcast nightly, Monday through Friday, at 11 pm. When they got through the series, they replayed it again in the same time slot. After that run I mounted a single handed letter campaign to have them play the series again, and amazingly, they did play it again. By this time I had a VCR so they all went on video tape. After that third showing, that was it for Blake's 7 in Chicago. Doctor Who was taken off a few years later, with the excuse that it had run its course in Chicago. My how they were wrong. A rival PBS station in Northern Indiana started playing it and got very good ratings. I'm sorry to say neither series has graced our airwaves in quite a number of years.

As for the rest of the country, talking to various fans, Blake's 7 seems to have become available to PBS around 1985 as I have not heard of it being seen before that date. I'm not quite sure of its overall popularity here but for the people I know who watched, they were fast fans. Luckily the BBC put out the DVD's and although it was never put out in our American format, we out-smarted them by buying a multi-region DVD player so we could watch the out-of-region discs. Where there is a will, there is a way.

So my husband and I have been die-hard Blake's 7 fans since September of 1985- nearly 34 years now and we've never strayed. We've seen the series well more than 75 times through and it never gets old. We are hooked!

Hope that helps with your podcast.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

MrEModels
Smashing, just the info i was after - cheers!

https://www.facebook.com/MrEModels/
BradPaula
MrEModels wrote:

Smashing, just the info i was after - cheers!

Very happy to help! Grin
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.27 seconds
20,098,265 unique visits since 8th January 2014