Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Liberator Flight Log
wall1885
Once upon a time, when Horizon was pre digital, members used to receive a Newsletter/Magazine- called (funnily enough) Horizon. I seem to remember that someone put together a timescale/Liberator flight log sort of thing.... I know I'm not being very clear, I'll give an example

It's mentioned, on screen, that the flight time from Earth to Cygnus Alpha takes 8 months, so we know that from the time the London left Earth to when the Liberator crew rescued Vila & Gan it was 8 months minimum

anyway, whoever wrote this piece worked out a timescale of how long each TV series of adventures took, the time it took to travel to and from places & events in different episodes, how long they lasted. The author used a bit of artistic licence and made a few assumptions but I found it a very interesting & fun piece of work

Does anyone have a similar project saved on a hard drive somewhere or know of any other site where this work has been duplicated? I'd like to get a copy

I think the author estimated that the first 3 series actually took place over about a 10 year or so period. (I could be wrong about that, the articles were back in the early 90's I think?)

Let me know if you can help or if you want to turn this thread into a new Liberator flight log, giving timescales & your reasoning for them

Thanks for reading

Joe Dredd
They were written by Neil Faulkner.

President Solvite
Indeed I discussed many of these issues with Neil and others in the good old Horizon Letterzines, the highlights and certain aspects made an appearance in the conventional newletters..

Typical topics included was Blake a terrorist, Length of a Spacial, How fast was Standard Speed, Was Season X as good as Season Y etc... Sound familiar?? Pfft

Some of Neils work is or was uploaded to the Sevencylopedia , but I may well have some old Horizon stuff including those Letterzines... It may take some time but there is some very good material on them..

I know Diane/Supreme Commander has many items, but if I (or someone) can narrow it done to an NL no. it will make it easier to order/locate etc.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
wall1885
I still have some of my old newsletters in that attic- but I know I lost nearly 30 of them (yes I'm well gutted about that)

I'll have a search around & see if I can find any, or find any more info

those articles were great fun

I wonder if admin would consider scanning the Horizon archive to be viewed by us all??

President Solvite
It has been something that has been discussed..

I believe it is on her to do list.. Although she is always busy, I understand recently her 'loo seat' has been giving her grief. Smile

I will mention it and perhaps someone more qualified can give a better answer.
Provided I still have the article and I have the relevant permissions I'm more than happy to scan and share myself..

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
GoldChannel
this would be fab
i'm v interested in seeing these if it could be done

Frankymole
wall1885 wrote:

Once upon a time, when Horizon was pre digital, members used to receive a Newsletter/Magazine- called (funnily enough) Horizon. I seem to remember that someone put together a timescale/Liberator flight log sort of thing.... I know I'm not being very clear, I'll give an example

It's mentioned, on screen, that the flight time from Earth to Cygnus Alpha takes 8 months, so we know that from the time the London left Earth to when the Liberator crew rescued Vila & Gan it was 8 months minimum

anyway, whoever wrote this piece worked out a timescale of how long each TV series of adventures took, the time it took to travel to and from places & events in different episodes, how long they lasted. The author used a bit of artistic licence and made a few assumptions but I found it a very interesting & fun piece of work

Does anyone have a similar project saved on a hard drive somewhere or know of any other site where this work has been duplicated? I'd like to get a copy

I think the author estimated that the first 3 series actually took place over about a 10 year or so period. (I could be wrong about that, the articles were back in the early 90's I think?)

Let me know if you can help or if you want to turn this thread into a new Liberator flight log, giving timescales & your reasoning for them

Thanks for reading
Yes, I've got the issues of the N/L with Neil Faulkner's Liberator/Scorpio logs. I also had some communication with him around the time he was writing it or preparing to write it. I have in the past few years done an Excel-based journey log with an accompanying galactic map, refining some of the journey times based on the clues given on screen and real-life astrometrics. Plus some assumptions of how speeds compare in the B7 universe (I also figured in travis and Servalan's trips).

The entire 4 seasons cover between 7 and 9 years in length - I made it nearer 7, Neil made it nearer 9. But he had more time dilation so it "felt" shorter to the travellers.
Edited by Frankymole on 25 March 2014 18:17:35

trevor travis
I remember reading these and being intrigued. Neil Faulkner's articles always provided food for thought.

I also remember it had a flaw. It didn't allow time for other adventures to occur between the televised ones, even though there's quite often references to these.

But even allowing for that, it would be good if these could be scanned and reproduced on here at some point.

Frankymole
Is Neil still around in B7 fandom? Does he write anything on the internet?

I've a feeling I read something from him regarding the Warship audio play, but may be mistaken.

I don't have a functioning scanner any longer, otherwise I'd ask the Supreme Commander (Diane's) permission to scan the articles so they could be hosted for Horizon members - also with Neil's permission, of course.

Failing that I ought to finish my own galactic map!

Joe Dredd
Neil left B7 fandom some time ago - our loss. I keep hoping he'll come back, he was (and is!) perceptive, intelligent and funny.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.34 seconds
9,101,131 unique visits since 8th January 2014