Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 1
Joe Dredd

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
A "Meegat" backstory
thewayback7
I was pondering how to write a "Meegat" backstory, but I'm having trouble thinking of a plausible scenario.

I say "Meegat" because although the Meegat we see in Deliverance is delightful, nonetheless she lives in a very boring and lonely time, where presumably nothing much happens but waiting around for Lord Avon to arrive.

So I was thinking of creating an original Meegat who lived during the time of Kashell the Wise, which is a more interesting time to write about. She would be delightful but far more real than the dreamy Meegat in Deliverance, and she would be a key player in the politics of the time.

But who (or what) then is the Meegat in Deliverance? Is she a biological clone of the original Meegat? Or an android based on the original Meegat? That's where my brain stopped working. Any ideas?

EDIT: A third option is to make Deliverance Meegat a biological twin of Original Meegat (who was an IVF baby created in a lab, along with numerous biological twins that were frozen for future use - if it's possible to freeze a fertilised egg / embryo).
Edited by thewayback7 on 05 February 2019 03:48:50

Anniew
It could be a ceremonial role. I imagine it as a lot system with young girls entered into the lottery to become ‘the one who waits’. Or, since their planet is radioactive, then perhaps two elite family lines ( a sort of priestess/ priest clans) have access to suitable drugs so they can live on the planet ( stretching back to Kashell’s time). Male heirs from the priest clan are kept for breeding, while daughters are exposed on the planet. On the priestess side, daughters are cherished while males are exposed. From the offspring a new ‘Meegat’ is Chosen and reared. Her sisters, once they have produced a child, are exposed.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Anniew
Oh and when the Meegat becomes older and less attractive, she is replaced by the new Meegat and set out to die. Meegats reveal themselves via a special birthmark.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.23 seconds
23,233,376 unique visits since 8th January 2014