Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,121
· Newest Rebel: paul kerr

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [35 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [13 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 152
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
41st Anniversary Rewatch - A2 Space Fall
trevor travis
The episode: Albert Two - Space Fall (Carry On Convict)
The date: Tuesday, January 15th, 2019
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which Nova shaves for the first time, and Jenna whispers sweet nothings to Raiker.

Episode in a word: Liberator!
Character to cheer: Leylan... well except when he turns a blind eye to Raiker's activities.
Character to boo: Raiker.
Recognisable Face: Tom Kelly (Nova) played a ghostly soldier in Adventure Two of Sapphire and Steel. That's the one set at the Railway Station.
Best exchange: BLAKE: "Not until free men can think and speak. Not until power is back with the honest man.” AVON: “Have you ever met an honest man?" JENNA: “Perhaps.”

JustBrad
i.imgur.com/9wXlXFK.jpg

Spacefall also marks a vitally important debut.
Yes, it's the very first time we see....
THE PRODDY TOOL!

One Spare Part
...And also a return to Avon's medieval haircut! Verily tis so.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
basin cut

BradPaula
rojkerr1 wrote:

basin cut

Avid early Beatles fan perhaps? LOL
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Lurena
Exciting!
Do we get to see a mind boggling space ship?
And, ladies, do pay attention to that rather nice young man, with the perfect creased trousers, sitting apart on the left! Isn’t he handsome and probably smart?
i.imgur.com/HBLzqVB.gif

Chances are that you get hooked if you were not already.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Hugbot
i.imgur.com/sMWfd0L.jpg

One Spare Part
Ooh Avon is more handsome than ever!

Travisina

Love it! GrinGrinGrin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

littlesue
Lurena wrote:

Exciting!
And, ladies, do pay attention to that rather nice young man, with the perfect creased trousers, sitting apart on the left! Isn’t he handsome and probably smart?
i.imgur.com/HBLzqVB.gif

Why has it suddenly got hot in here???
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

JustBrad
This episode features three things never seen again.

1. The 'Turbo Boost.'
2. The Second teleport bay
3. Jenna getting some PDA.

Lurena

Love it too! Grin Thanks Huggy!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Mrs_Underhill
Lurena wrote:

Exciting!
i.imgur.com/HBLzqVB.gif

Ahh! As I rewatch it now my heart rate always goes up when I see that man on the left. Smile

But when I watched B7 for the first time the moment which made me sit up and notice was the brutal fight in the computer room.
Up till then it looked a bit simple and contrived to me - The Way Back didn't impress me at all and Spacefall started slow. But that fight really made me see the stakes and made me care for everyone and especially for that man in grey (and then came the terrific scene with Blake, Avon and Jenna in the computer room, and then the Liberator and I was sold and hooked!)

Despite being declared as an unemotional machine it's Avon who always conveyed to me the desperation and urgency of whatever situation they were in. In Spacefall he was like a cornered animal fighting for survival, and it really got to me.

Later I read Paul Darrow autobiography and was struck by the passage about his fight instructor Bill Weston who played the computer guy in that scene. It cut to the core of why I loved that fight so much.
Bill Weston was the first professional stuntman with whom I came into contact on Blake's 7. Luckily for me, he was one of the best. What I learned from Bill, I introduced into my characterization of Avon. The truth of what it means to be really fighting for your life.

Still love it and wish BBC didn't cut the first fight because of it being "too brutal" as Avon was beating up the guy on the floor, according to PD autobiography.
i.imgur.com/WO8fUvJ.gif

Pity that this fight remained the best on the show and it went downhill from there, especially in Season 4. Smile
i.imgur.com/g14Z9Mh.gif

Another thing which impressed me then was that Avon indeed did what he promised. And now I see that this is basically the story of Avon's life: "Well, I did my bit, and what happened?" Wink

Mrs_Underhill

Bwahaha! Our computer expert is a bit nosy indeed! He has proddy tools of his own (just in case, I mean the ones on this picture Smile )

sweevo
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Lurena wrote:

Exciting!
i.imgur.com/HBLzqVB.gif

Ahh! As I rewatch it now my heart rate always goes up when I see that man on the left. Smile

But when I watched B7 for the first time the moment which made me sit up and notice was the brutal fight in the computer room.
Up till then it looked a bit simple and contrived to me - The Way Back didn't impress me at all and Spacefall started slow. But that fight really made me see the stakes and made me care for everyone and especially for that man in grey (and then came the terrific scene with Blake, Avon and Jenna in the computer room, and then the Liberator and I was sold and hooked!)

Despite being declared as an unemotional machine it's Avon who always conveyed to me the desperation and urgency of whatever situation they were in. In Spacefall he was like a cornered animal fighting for survival, and it really got to me.

Later I read Paul Darrow autobiography and was struck by the passage about his fight instructor Bill Weston who played the computer guy in that scene. It cut to the core of why I loved that fight so much.
Bill Weston was the first professional stuntman with whom I came into contact on Blake's 7. Luckily for me, he was one of the best. What I learned from Bill, I introduced into my characterization of Avon. The truth of what it means to be really fighting for your life.

Still love it and wish BBC didn't cut the first fight because of it being "too brutal" as Avon was beating up the guy on the floor, according to PD autobiography.
i.imgur.com/WO8fUvJ.gif

Pity that this fight remained the best on the show and it went downhill from there, especially in Season 4. Smile
i.imgur.com/g14Z9Mh.gif

Another thing which impressed me then was that Avon indeed did what he promised. And now I see that this is basically the story of Avon's life: "Well, I did my bit, and what happened?" Wink

Avon Wins... Brutality. Smile

(Although, to be fair, for it to be a genuine Brutality, he'd have had to kick and punch the guy until his body burst, sending buckets of blood and bones everywhere - I've been on a bit of a Mortal Kombat binge lately).

One Spare Part
Another thing which impressed me then was that Avon indeed did what he promised. And now I see that this is basically the story of Avon's life: "Well, I did my bit, and what happened?" Wink[/quote]
Rewatching this yesterday made me think that this episode set the scene for everything that happened between Avon and Blake: Blake set up a level of expectation in Avon which fell through and ended badly. I don't think Avon ever recovered from this view of Blake and why he could never trust him. He did his bit but -as Avon sees it - Blake failed to do his part. And so it went on.

trevor travis
i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Louise400/S1E2a.png

Sadly, Gan failed the audition for Strictly Come Dancing.

Mrs_Underhill
One Spare Part wrote:
Rewatching this yesterday made me think that this episode set the scene for everything that happened between Avon and Blake: Blake set up a level of expectation in Avon which fell through and ended badly. I don't think Avon ever recovered from this view of Blake and why he could never trust him. He did his bit but -as Avon sees it - Blake failed to do his part. And so it went on.

I think it's not that simple - as it's never simple with Avon. Avon kept "doing his bit" for Blake over and over again, and Blake remained the constant in his life which Avon could believed in, to the very end. That's why the Terminal happened, and that's why it was such a blow to him in "Blake".

And these early episodes were fascinating to me on my first rewatch as I called them "the taming of Kerr Avon". He was ready to ditch Blake in 1.3 but then he managed to save him and Jenna in Time Squad and then risked his life for Blake twice in The Web.
Even here in Spacefall he's impressed with Blake getting them the Liberator.
But yes, after doing yet another "bit" for Blake Avon was often left disappointed and thinking - why the heck do I keep doing it?

I was also thinking of what Avon did for Tynus and for Anna - from what we know. He managed to get into a lot of trouble for people who didn't appreciate it at all.

trevor travis wrote:

i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Louise400/S1E2a.png

Sadly, Gan failed the audition for Strictly Come Dancing.

His dance moves were too vigorous alas! Smile

littlesue
I sat down to watch this back on 9th Jan 1978 wondering what was going to happen next.
Blake's "No, I'm coming back" had fixed in my mind from the previous week.
Somehow, I managed to keep my 11 month old daughter quiet by having a large bottle, or 2, of juice on hand and even some sweeties. Remember, we didn't have video recorders or catch up back then.
And then that arrogant, rude, stand offish chap with a flair for fighting yet having some very nice manners...I loved the way he said "Excuse me" to Jenna in that control room, came into view.....
And then there was Captain Leylan, trying his best. Of course, he gave up this freight lark and went off to the South Coast of England to build yachts in the Mermaid Yard......not far from me actually!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

One Spare Part
Mrs U - you are so right. Nothing is simple with Avon. That' s why B7 is so great.
Littlesue - I always like to think that Capt Leylan was recruited by Earth rebels after this. He is completely disillusioned with things federation and I'd like to think he had had enough after that last trip to Cygnus Alpha.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.63 seconds
20,978,985 unique visits since 8th January 2014