Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,155
· Newest Rebel: Mondas42

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Time Distort and Standard speeds comparasions?
daro2096
If Standard by 2 is the same as Time Distort 6(see Duel) and Standard by 10 is the same as Time Distort 20(see Hostage) then what would the other speeds be assuming a straight line between the two? I don't have any graph paper and haven't got a clue how to do it in Excel.

Just curious.

JustBrad
I don't think there was ever any explanation, or consistency, in Time Distort, Standard by speeds, or Spacials.

I would think it safe to assume that there is a straight line progression for Standard By speeds. Standard By X seems fairly self explanatory.

I would not make the same assumption for Time Distort speeds, as the very name suggests something wibbly wobbly. I would equate TD speeds to something like warp factors in Star Trek. Warp Factor 4 is not twice as fast as WF2, but 8x as fast. Yes, I was a ST geek back in the 70's.

winnie-l
There is some discussion of this at Neil Faulkner's SevenCyclopedia:

SPEED - http://www.hermit.org/Blakes7/SevenCyc/S.html#Speed

Is that helpful?

daro2096
So it wouldn't be a straight line but more of a curve. Had forgotten about the ramming sequence in Duel being SB2 as TD3.

But then that would make the London's speed of TD5 faster than SB1. Standard speed = standard by 1? That would explain how the London had got there first and had unloaded its cargo and departed before the Liberator arrived.

JustBrad
daro2096 wrote:

So it wouldn't be a straight line but more of a curve. Had forgotten about the ramming sequence in Duel being SB2 as TD3.

But then that would make the London's speed of TD5 faster than SB1. Standard speed = standard by 1? That would explain how the London had got there first and had unloaded its cargo and departed before the Liberator arrived.

As I said, there is not a lot of consistency in the series. Recall Jenna hitting the 'Turbo Boost' in CA, and never using it again.
Week after week we see Liberator beaten to a destination by a Pursuit ship even though according to Jenna she can outrun them,
or in Vila's words, Out Stroll them.

The same can be said of Star Trek and other shows of that era. Warp Factor 8 is 512 times the speed of light*, so it would take
Enterprise 19.53 years to travel across the 10,000 light year diameter of The Federation, and yet Kirk managed it nearly every week.

Bottom line, never let a few pesky facts get in the way of a good story.

*According to the Star Fleet Technical Manual, which came out in 1970, and which I still have laying around somewhere.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.24 seconds
22,935,400 unique visits since 8th January 2014