Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 1
thewayback7

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Pressure Point Filming Location visit
clanger68
Hi All,

A while ago Karyn and I visited Abbey Close, Abingdon, Oxfordshire.

http://westoxon.o...s-abingdon

The arched folly, set in the picturesque gardens, was the filming location used in Pressure Point for the scene where Blake and Gan teleport to Earth to meet with Kasabi, but find blood stained ruins instead!

The gardens have been tidied up and the folly has had some restoration and remedial work done, however it still looks pretty much as it appeared on screen.

i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/sterclanger68/Blakes%207%20location%20Pressure%20Point/DSCF4001_zps468c86ee.jpg

i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/sterclanger68/Blakes%207%20location%20Pressure%20Point/DSCF4003_zps56c4872d.jpg

i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/sterclanger68/Blakes%207%20location%20Pressure%20Point/pressure2_zpsb585398c.jpg

i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/sterclanger68/Blakes%207%20location%20Pressure%20Point/DSCF4019_zpse4df1f9a.jpg

i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/sterclanger68/Blakes%207%20location%20Pressure%20Point/pressure3_zpsfd2dc495.jpg

i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/sterclanger68/Blakes%207%20location%20Pressure%20Point/pressure_zpse9896400.jpg

Well worth a visit and very easy to get to, the car park is right next to the gardens.

For those going to Return to Gauda Prime Abingdon is not very far from Steventon, 4 miles, about 12 mins in a car!

Cheers,

Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Sopron
Maybe a Saturday jaunt for those of us arriving early? Or a Monday bracer for those of us anticipating a heavy Sunday night...

clanger68
I was thinking of having another look on Saturday if I get to the general area in time.

There is another Pressure Point location, the arched doorway Gan and Blake go through, is supposed to be in the area as well, but I couldn't find it last time.

- Andy

purplecleric
How did I not know this???? I was at school in Abingdon during this time period - I was this close to B7 filming...

PS this location is very beautiful and close to the Thames (used to spend many hours there *studying* ahem)

President Solvite
Nice find!

Thanks for sharing Smile

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Hugbot
I went to Abingdon on the day after the Steventon event. Thanks for the hint, Andy - it was great to see the original folly (and maybe the famous door ... we have to compare notes at Winspit).

But there were also some other interesting things to see in Abingdon in the vicinity of the folly:

This is of course Coser's house - shame on the guys who misprinted this:

i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/ridshenon/Abingdon/Steventon157_zps5eae46fa.jpg

A relative of Og?

i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/ridshenon/Abingdon/Steventon167_zps9a24d52a.jpg

Medieval land art and futuristic sci-fi heroes side by side:

i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/ridshenon/Abingdon/Steventon181_zps6c2856b2.jpg

Blake and Avon (and Spaceship Dispatcher?) were trained at Abingdon Church :

i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/ridshenon/Abingdon/Steventon195_zpsb91ad408.jpg

Hugbot
I did compare notes with Clanger at Winspit, and I was at the right door! Well, at least as far as I could get near it.

This is Abingdon Chapel. The part of the buildings behind the wall on the left side is now a theatre. Access is blocked by a gate with iron bars.

i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/ridshenon/Abingdon/Steventon160_zps3d6b5a61.jpg

This is the bet shot I could manage through the bars. The staircase is a more recent addition. When you magnify the picture, you may spot the top of the famous door behind the railing.

i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/ridshenon/Abingdon/Steventon165_zps3395b156.jpg

clanger68
Hi Hugbot,

That's the (Door) one! Smile

I missed Og's relative, he must have been out!

Cheers,

Andy

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.28 seconds
9,829,286 unique visits since 8th January 2014