Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,059
· Newest Rebel: Johnrcamm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [32 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
16% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
7% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 134
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
40th Anniversary Rewatch - D11 Orbit
BradPaula
Well, on that happy note, see you next week for Warlord, another happy romp! 'Night.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Nixxie
thanks for a lovely re-watch everyone! see you next week Smile

Hugbot
Great rewatch -thanks for the company! Oops
And I even survived the crisps.

Have fun at the concert, Ellen! (You are lucky, having something to cheer you up now!)

Good night! Oops

Lurena
littlesue wrote:

Well thank you for a very interesting rewatch...disturbing to say the least.
See you all next week.
Are pink wigs required?

TWO pink wigs to be precise. to be worn over each other. I'll dig some out of the make up lab.
Edited by Lurena on 04 December 2018 20:38:02
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
One Spare Part
Really "enjoyed" that rewatch. I knew things would only get worse after this episode.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Ellen York
Goodnight all. Glad I could join in today.

Mrs_Underhill
OH NO THOSE STARES!

"It's a trip I won't forget Avon".
And Avon just pushing back - go away and stay away from me. And never ever assume you're safe with me. And never ever try to care for me.

That's how I see it.
Vila and Avon stares in the end - heartbreak. Something good was broken, and won't be repaired till the end.
Even though Avon would act on it in Warlord he'd never apologize to Vila.

But then - how could he, for this? Apologizing wouldn't set this right. I'm thinking the only way Avon could have repaired it is by promising Vila to never betray him again - Avon keeps his promises, Vila would have taken that. If they survived GP - who knows?
Edited by Mrs_Underhill on 04 December 2018 20:39:26

Lurena
One Spare Part wrote:

Really "enjoyed" that rewatch. I knew things would only get worse after this episode.

But I don't want things getting worse!
Still I know it will happen..

One Spare Part
Lurena wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Lurena wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

The most awful thing which can happen. Avon damns himself to hell.
And no it's not bad acting, it's not rational because Vila knows it's not normal voice from Avon.

And again Avon is not rewarded. Did he ever get a proper thank you for all his efforts? It mirrors many of previous episodes.

It highlights how every character is concerned mostly with their own needs and not seeing the big picture.

I think that is like in real life. I think that is why I love Blake's 7 so much.

I never thought about that before...good point! Another reason to love B7!

One Spare Part
[img][/img]
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

OH NO THOSE STARES!

"It's a trip I won't forget Avon".
And Avon just pushing back - go away and stay away from me. And never ever assume you're safe with me. And never ever try to care for me.

That's how I see it.
Vila and Avon stares in the end - heartbreak. Something good was broken, and won't be repaired till the end.
Even though Avon would act on it in Warlord he'd never apologize to Vila.

But then - how could he, for this? Apologizing wouldn't set this right. I'm thinking the only way Avon could have repaired it is by promising Vila to never betray him again - Avon keeps his promises, Vila would have taken that. If they survived GP - who knows?

It reminds me of Blake battling to get through to Avon and ultimately failing. The failing goes on...

Lurena
One Spare Part wrote:

Lurena wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Lurena wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

The most awful thing which can happen. Avon damns himself to hell.
And no it's not bad acting, it's not rational because Vila knows it's not normal voice from Avon.

And again Avon is not rewarded. Did he ever get a proper thank you for all his efforts? It mirrors many of previous episodes.

It highlights how every character is concerned mostly with their own needs and not seeing the big picture.

I think that is like in real life. I think that is why I love Blake's 7 so much.

I never thought about that before...good point! Another reason to love B7!

If you ever have to flee, which I truly hope you don't have to do, you will see it happen.

JustBrad
Given Vila's expression, if I were Avon, I'd double check that my cabin door was locked tonight. Not that a lock would do much good.

JustBrad
Thinking Michael and Paul would have been great together in Sleuth.

Mrs_Underhill
Lurena wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

But I don't want things getting worse!
Still I know it will happen..

For me, though, this is rock bottom. And Avon, at least, was scared of looking into the abyss and tried to do something about it, try and see hope, try to redeem himself. He goes back to helping people in "Warlord", and goes in search of Blake.

He needs redemption, he acknowledges this need - and that's a sign of recovery. Like Giles in "Buffy" - "forgiveness is not given because it's deserved but because it's needed" - Avon needs it after "Orbit", and that's good for him.
It didn't work out well but it's the intention that counted. It's tragic, yes, after this, but no longer hopeless for his soul.

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

Thinking Michael and Paul would have been great together in Sleuth.

Interesting thought. They could still do it. It would only mean a rewrite such as the one done for Christopher Reeve in the Midwich Cuckoos remake. It could even add another dimension to the story.

Mrs_Underhill
JustBrad wrote:

Given Vila's expression, if I were Avon, I'd double check that my cabin door was locked tonight. Not that a lock would do much good.

Vila is not a revengeful sort. Not into physical revenge or even into psychological one.
He just showed Avon what he thought of him now. And showed that he would never trust Avon again. And that was the worst thing for Avon then - even though it's what Avon wanted from the beginning. Vila trusting him - it was really bugging Avon.

One Spare Part
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Vila is not a revengeful sort. Not into physical revenge or even into psychological one.
He just showed Avon what he thought of him now. And showed that he would never trust Avon again. And that was the worst thing for Avon then - even though it's what Avon wanted from the beginning. Vila trusting him - it was really bugging Avon.

He doesn't like to have the responsibilty of looking out for the others. We 're getting back to Blake again...

Travisina
Got home too late to join this rewatch, but I've enjoyed catching up with this thread - such interesting comments and observations. I'm sorry to have missed this ep - but I do find it deeply traumatising. Poor Vila. Sad
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 2.26 seconds
16,692,493 unique visits since 8th January 2014