Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,136
· Newest Rebel: pysop45

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [36 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 156
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
My new DVD's
BradPaula
You are not alone, One Spare Part. I've tried but I've all but given up on the new technology. Got rid of my mobile phone, refuse to get or learn how to use a smart phone and just get along in the technological world on my boxy old desk top. Enough is enough. I want to remain human and not one of those poor souls who cannot live without looking at their palms while walking, eating, or pretty much everything else. Luddites of the world, keep banging the rocks together with glee!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

You are not alone, One Spare Part. I've tried but I've all but given up on the new technology. Got rid of my mobile phone, refuse to get or learn how to use a smart phone and just get along in the technological world on my boxy old desk top. Enough is enough. I want to remain human and not one of those poor souls who cannot live without looking at their palms while walking, eating, or pretty much everything else. Luddites of the world, keep banging the rocks together with glee!

Bang crash thud transported to Australia bang crash boom...well we're not quite that bad but when I pick up my pencil to write, I'll know I'm not alone. Pfft
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
I like the old stuff, give me a book and not a bloody kindle , give me a dvd instead of a download!

rojkerr1
I only got a mobile because my agency insisted, and then they shouted at me for never turning it on...

rojkerr1
and my current mobile is a tiny pink nokia, my daughters castoff, Eye phones , strawberries?

Ela
Sounds like my spouse. His personal phone is my cast-off "dumb phone". He only has an iPhone (for work) because the people he works for insist on it.

DVDs are great, if you are able to play them. But if you can't, alternatives must be found.

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:
...well we're not quite that bad but when I pick up my pencil to write, I'll know I'm not alone. Pfft

I write with pen. I'm a super-fast-ten-finger-typist (years of office temping in between film jobs) so I can type stuff quickly, but then I print it out and edit in pencil.

I love my smartphone (or 'mobile device' as they're now called) - it rolls into one all the things I used to carry separately - diary, address book, Walkman, still camera, video camera, maps of the Underground, train & bus timetables, London A-Z, Nintendo Gameboy - oh, and mobile phone. But I also have an old Nokia that only does phone calls and texting. The battery lasts a week on a single charge, and it's brilliant and simple, and I love it and won't part with it. Although I tried to get a new battery for it recently, and the phone shop guy got out his box of ancient batteries, but the phone was too old even for those.

I too prefer books to Kindles, though - books don't need batteries, and I can read them in the bath without fear of electrocution Grin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

rojkerr1
i write in pencil in exercise books, my old word processor used to crash and delete my work, so I only trust pen and paper for first drafts

Travisina
rojkerr1 wrote:

...my old word processor used to crash and delete my work, so I only trust pen and paper for first drafts

Not just that - things stored on old tech (floppy disks etc) can be irretrievable. My first word processor was a beloved Amstrad PCW. Did so much on that - editing submissions for Horizon zines and newsletters, typing up the Horizon Letterzine - as well as writing my own stories. Luckily I had the foresight to print those out, because several house moves and computers later, they would have been lost forever. I've no idea what happened to those Amstrad floppy disks, and I doubt there's anything that can read them today.
But when I recently wanted to revisit one of those WIP stories and get it finished, I was able to get the printout out of its box file, and get straight to work...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.41 seconds
21,926,954 unique visits since 8th January 2014