Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Doctor Who Discussion Thread
trevor travis
What did I say SD? Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
@ trevor travis - Glad you're enjoying your new Doctor Who dvds! You are of course now ahead of me, as we haven't reached the Zygon 2-parter yet and possibly won't for a couple of weeks as there's so much live F1, football and tennis at the moment Grin

p.s. I amended a minor typo in your Zygons review Wink
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

What did I say SD? Grin

I know the nominal story arc of s9 was a hybrid, but Clara Osgood was a new one on me Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

I noticed. What did I say?

Spotted earlier that I had Under The Lake and Before The Lake Grin

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

What did I say SD? Grin

I know the nominal story arc of s9 was a hybrid, but Clara Osgood was a new one on me Grin

Ah Grin Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

I noticed. What did I say?

Spotted earlier that I had Under The Lake and Before The Lake Grin

Still kind of works... Wink

trevor travis
My re-watch is confirming one thing. Season 35 was my favourite since Season 30, maybe above that one as well.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

My re-watch is confirming one thing. Season 35 was my favourite since Season 30, maybe above that one as well.

My own 'favourite seasons' have been completely thrown up in the air in recent years! Series 33, 34 and 35 all impressed me enough to challenge for a top ten place, knocking anything from the JNT era down into a top fifteen instead. It's the same with favourite Doctors as Peter Capaldi and John Hurt are now right up there with my previous top 3 of William Hartnell, Tom Baker and David Tennant...

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm still considering this, as we're still rewatching s9 for the first time, but at the moment I would order my favourite blocks of stories (roughly following season numbers, but not strictly as it's a subjective exercise) like this:

#1 - s5 - Tomb of the Cybermen to The Wheel in Space (truly starting with The Evil of the Daleks)
#2 - s1 - An Unearthly Child to The Dalek Invasion of Earth (the 'original crew' character arc)
#3 - s33 - Asylum of the Daleks to The Time of the Doctor (series numbering here is anyone's guess)
#4 - s35 - Last Christmas to Face The Raven/Heaven Sent/Hell Bent (new entry at number four...)
#5 - s30 - Voyage of the Damned to The Stolen Earth/Journey's End (again, series numbering was nonsensical)
#6 - s7 - Spearhead From Space to Inferno (season number seven, Doctor number three. The simple days)
#7 - s34 - Deep Breath to Dark Water/Death in Heaven (not that I like DW/DiH, but it's part of the Danny/Clara arc)
#8 - s13 - Terror of the Zygons to The Seeds of Doom (the classic horror season, sensible Tom at his best)
#9 - s6 - The Dominators to The War Games (some classics in here, dragged down by some I'm not as keen on)
#10 - s16 - The Ribos Operation to The Armageddon Factor (the Key to Time story arc, silly Tom at his best imo)

Favourite five Doctors?

Tom Baker, William Hartnell, Peter Capaldi, David Tennant and John Hurt in that order... at the moment Grin

Klenotka
I loved series 9 (season 35) From the new series, definitely my favourite. Heaven Sent especially stood out. Absolutely amazing acting. Peter Capaldi is *my* Doctor. I waited almost 9 years to get my Doctor but I am glad I finally did Grin

Did you see the new filming pictures? Filming started this week Smile
Don´t be Lasagne

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

My own 'favourite seasons' have been completely thrown up in the air in recent years! Series 33, 34 and 35 all impressed me enough to challenge for a top ten place, knocking anything from the JNT era down into a top fifteen instead. It's the same with favourite Doctors as Peter Capaldi and John Hurt are now right up there with my previous top 3 of William Hartnell, Tom Baker and David Tennant...

Where's Troughton????????????? Shock Shock

1. TB
2. PT
3. CE
4. PC
5. WH

Season 34 was good, but Season 33... oh dear!!! Wink

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

...It's the same with favourite Doctors as Peter Capaldi and John Hurt are now right up there with my previous top 3 of William Hartnell, Tom Baker and David Tennant...

Where's Troughton????????????? Shock Shock

Patrick Troughton and Sylvester McCoy took turns as my favourite Doctor in my teens, but not since then.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Klenotka wrote:

No, but knowing that I'm not going to enjoy s10 as much as s7-9 I'm keeping my expectations down and not getting too excited about the filming for next year...

Klenotka

Klenotka wrote:

No, but knowing that I'm not going to enjoy s10 as much as s7-9 I'm keeping my expectations down and not getting too excited about the filming for next year...

Why low? I think it is exciting. I will miss Jenna and her dynamic with Peter but since Peter and his Doctor only can get better, I am probably more excited than I was last year. On the first photos, Pearl looks like she and Peter get along very well (they hugged when he arrived) and if Bill will keep smiling as much as Pearl does, it will be a very different dynamic than it was until now. New person on the show is always exciting. I just hope Peter stays even after Moffat leaves. I would love to see his work on DW with a new showrunner.
Don´t be Lasagne

Spaceship Dispatcher
Klenotka wrote:

...I just hope Peter stays even after Moffat leaves. I would love to see his work on DW with a new showrunner.

Yes, I'm hoping he stays on too.

trevor travis
Sleep No More – apparently “found footage” is a genre, but I’m not really aware of it. In any case, lots to enjoy here – the dark and gloomy lighting (although there’s still time for the Doctor and Clara’s brilliant discussion of the prefix ‘Space’), the twists and turns as you start to realise you cannot trust all that you see, plus the fact this is one of those rare occasions where the Doctor loses. The notion of people wanting to eliminate sleep in the future so that they can increase their productivity and beat their competitors is a horrifying but plausible one, while sand monsters created from the dust from the corner of your eye is maybe slightly ludicrous, but it’s an effective way of scaring the kids. In any case, it’s not clear how much this part of the story was enhanced by the creatures to keep people viewing until the end, by which time they have been infected. IMO, this is an experiment episode that works. 8/10.

trevor travis

Klenotka wrote:

SD, how can you 'know' that already. This could be a terrific season ahead. The Moff seems to have sorted himself out, since Calpaldi became his main man, and also he'll want to go out on a high. As for Calpaldi, let's hope he does stay on for a season or two with Chibnall.

trevor travis
What's going on with the DVD listing Face The Raven, Heaven Sent and Hell Bent as three one-part stories? I've noticed this on the Doctor Who news site as well.

Surely it's one three-part story.

Mind you, they've also got The Girl Who Died and The Woman Who Lived as separate stories, when again it's obviously a two-parter.

It makes quite a difference. They've got Season 35 consisting of 9 stories (2/2/1/1/2/1/1/1/1) whereas I think it's six (2/2/2/2/1/3).

SD, what's the DWM line?

Klenotka
I think it is a three part story. Face the Raven is written by Sarah Dollard but until now, I am conviced it is one massive "love story" where the Doctor basically goes mad after he loses Clara. The final three episodes perfectly summed up how similar they were, how they influenced each other - and how negative that influence was as well.
Peter and Jenna, for me, proved they were (and are) among the best actors who ever played the Doctor and companion.
Don´t be Lasagne

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

What's going on with the DVD listing Face The Raven, Heaven Sent and Hell Bent as three one-part stories? I've noticed this on the Doctor Who news site as well.

Surely it's one three-part story...

...SD, what's the DWM line?

I'm not sure what their line is really, but it's definitely a three parter for me.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,140,789 unique visits since 8th January 2014