Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Doctor Who Discussion Thread
Ela
My husband and I have been watching selected Doctor Who episodes starting with series 1 over the past several years. This week we finished Trial of a Time Lord. I'm going to see if I can get us started on the Seventh Doctor tonight. Grin

JustBrad
One of our local TV stations has been showing all the Tom Baker Doctor Who's on Saturday Night at 10 PM.

I knew I would enjoy them, what surprises me is how good they actually are, even better than I remember them.

rojkerr1
I love Tom Bakers Who. season 13 is one of the very best of the show! The McCoy era is very underrated, some of the best ever stories in the series, Greatest Show, Fenric etc, and the eternally confounding Ghostlight...

rojkerr1
I have props from several Mccoy stories, Two from Rani, two from Fenric, one from Greatest show

JustBrad
rojkerr1 wrote:

I love Tom Bakers Who. season 13 is one of the very best of the show! The McCoy era is very underrated, some of the best ever stories in the series, Greatest Show, Fenric etc, and the eternally confounding Ghostlight...

The McCoy era had a rough start, but his last season was some of the best Doctor Who ever made.

rojkerr1
agreed Brad

Ela
Yup, I also agree. Lots to love about McCoy's era. And I love Sophie Aldred as Ace. Cool

RichardMk2
The Dr Who spin off "Class" airs on BBC1 at 10:45pm (or if you prefer 24 hour clock, at 22:45) this evening.

Angry Angel
We were watching The Moonbase yesterday, which had as one of the special features "TV Centre of the universe part 2". I think part 1 is on the special edition DVD of The Visitation, can anyone confirm that? I'd be interested to know what the special features on any of the special edition DVDs are, Amazon doesn't seem very clear. Thanks!

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Avon The Alpha Grade
Angry Angel wrote:

We were watching The Moonbase yesterday, which had as one of the special features "TV Centre of the universe part 2". I think part 1 is on the special edition DVD of The Visitation, can anyone confirm that? I'd be interested to know what the special features on any of the special edition DVDs are, Amazon doesn't seem very clear. Thanks!

The Ark in Space has a making of documentary and a fifteen minute video about the 'wilderness years aka the books'. On the visitation DVD, there is a documentary about Big Finish.

Joe Dredd
Interesting to see Peter Capaldi is finishing up his tenure after the 2017 series. It fits in with all these theories about the Beeb wanting to get a younger Doctor back in to try and get back to Tennant-era level popularity and ratings.

Avon The Alpha Grade
Joe Dredd wrote:

Interesting to see Peter Capaldi is finishing up his tenure after the 2017 series. It fits in with all these theories about the Beeb wanting to get a younger Doctor back in to try and get back to Tennant-era level popularity and ratings.

For all we know, he simply decided to follow Patrick Troughton's advice and just do three years.

littlesue
I've read that Ms Harman (someone from the UK government) wants Dr Who to be a woman the next time. What? He is a father and a Grandad for goodness sake.
But I know everyone is into this equality thing. Personally, I would love to see Adrian Lester (Hustle) in the role.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

sweevo
Avon The Alpha Grade wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

For all we know, he simply decided to follow Patrick Troughton's advice and just do three years.

Is anybody ever going to try to break Tom Baker's 7-year record?

Avon The Alpha Grade
sweevo wrote:

Avon The Alpha Grade wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Is anybody ever going to try to break Tom Baker's 7-year record?

If they want to retain their career, I doubt it.

President Solvite
I don't see why the Doctor has to be a female yes I suppose its theoretically possible (its just a TV show) but I think its just people making mischief and to provoke a reaction.

If you want a quirky time lord just create (shock horror) a new character.. Or bring back Romana (in a new regeneration) somehow getting back from E Space...

Doubt anyone will break TB's lengthy tenure.. It seems to be expected that actors only do a fixed term these days.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
NotExpendable
Ive seen a lot of this female Doctor discussion all over Facebook. I'm a female and I don't want a female Doctor, yet all I see are other females going "we need a female doctor for feminism." I get so tired of arguing on those fb pages that feminism isn't just replacing everything male with female, that's not what it's about.

There's nothing wrong with Capaldi at all other than that he was subject to Clara Oswald.
Emma
@heraldandraste

http://www.dadsonahuntingtrip.com
BradPaula
I just don't understand people's stance on a female Doctor. The Doctor has born a male, he has regenerated as a male eleven times and that is how it goes. The reason The Master is now female, is that he stole a body and it just happened to be of the opposite sex. (If I am incorrect on this point, please tell me.) The Master did that with Tremas, another male, in Keeper of Traken, so it is a non-issue to me. If he were to capture and 'hijack' a body then all right, but that hasn't and probably won't happen. So all this talk of a female Doctor is just so much hot air to me. If it did happen- well I would probably stop watching the program, but that's just my feelings on the idea.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Avon The Alpha Grade
President Solvite wrote:

I don't see why the Doctor has to be a female yes I suppose its theoretically possible (its just a TV show) but I think its just people making mischief and to provoke a reaction.

If you want a quirky time lord just create (shock horror) a new character.. Or bring back Romana (in a new regeneration) somehow getting back from E Space...

Doubt anyone will break TB's lengthy tenure.. It seems to be expected that actors only do a fixed term these days.

I think Romana is on Gallifrey in Big Finish. Don't know how but she managed to get back.

Avon The Alpha Grade
On the subject of a female Doctor, I would rather he remains male but if they cast the right actor and wrote them in just the right way, I feel they could pull it off. I wouldn't stop watching if it were done poorly (I came extremely close with Hell Bent) but I wouldn't exactly be pleased.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.53 seconds
9,189,039 unique visits since 8th January 2014