Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 18

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,057
· Newest Rebel: macrascal

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [31 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [19 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 131
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Was Soolin an android?
MrEModels
So, this week on the Blakes 7 In Character Podcast, the notion was put forward on this weeks show that Soolin is indeed an android.
The germ of it came about when thinking of Vinny, how he's the fastest draw, and android that doesn't know he is one.
That got me thinking. and here are the clues that might suggest that Soolin is too, maybe even the same model as Vinny:
Soolin is also the fastest,
She has a convenient back story of her family being dead, so no way of checking,
Why is she with Dorian, and not been fed to the thing in the cellar? Unless she can't be?
Orac's line to her in "Headhunter" about joining them as a whole new meaning.
What do you think? I reckon its possible - if only to allow her to still be alive after the shoot out in "Blake".

https://www.facebook.com/MrEModels/
JustBrad
Interesting theory. Opens up all kinds of story possibilities. Also opens up all kinds of questions, like who built her, and why.

One potential issue: Would Dorian, and his Gestalt, have been fooled by an android?

If Soolin IS an android. Is it a production model? Can we all chip in and get Trevor Travis one for Christmas?

trevor travis
I think Soolin must be real. If she was an android, she would have got all rusty during her lengthy shower during “Power”. Plus even Slartibarfast couldn’t have designed a bottom as exquisite as Soolin’s – it has to be natural.

On the other hand, if anyone wants to create a Soolin clone, I would love one for Christmas. Actually, could I have two?

Mrs_Underhill
MrEModels wrote:

Why is she with Dorian, and not been fed to the thing in the cellar?

Uhmm... The answer seems pretty obvious to me. After all, we were told that Dorian was a man of exquisite taste. Wink

Otherwise: an interesting theory, but it seemed to me Soolin had good instincts, which wouldn't be an android feature.

JustBrad
MrEModels wrote:

Why is she with Dorian, and not been fed to the thing in the cellar? Unless she can't be?

Except that at the end of the episode, that's exactly what Dorian plans to do. She is to be a stand in for Cally.

I love the theory, though.

briggsy1
I do enjoy your podcasts which I recommend to all Horizon members. The latest one has made me want to re-watch Logan's Run movie again for the first time since I was young just so I can try and spot all the ways in which it influenced B7.

MrEModels
Cheers for the comments! briggsy 1 - I am thinking of doing a special episode where ian and I watch Logans Run, with B7 in mind Grin

briggsy1
Well I look forward to it with eager anticipation! There's a scene on youtube with Michael Yorke and Jenny Agutter travelling in a futuristic high speed self-drive pod thingy through a plastic tube high above a city. I seem to remember being thrilled by this as a boy seeing it for the first time - wow - this is what the future was going to look like!

rojkerr1
She is human as Dorian wouldn't have planned to feed her to the sea devil, unless he didn't know either, and the room didn't get chance to reject her? programming was good though, she had a wicked line in repartee, demonstrated in Headhunter and Assassin! And she did die in Blake, would an Android have been immediately killed by a fed blaster?

thewayback7
Soolin's intense reaction when Avon mentions Gauda Prime is pretty impressive for an android.

Joe Dredd
MrEModels wrote:

So, this week on the Blakes 7 In Character Podcast, the notion was put forward on this weeks show that Soolin is indeed an android.
The germ of it came about when thinking of Vinny, how he's the fastest draw, and android that doesn't know he is one.

This fanfic suggests a connection too: Click!

Thinking about the theory though, it would explain the very similar looking mutoid in "Project Avalon". She could be an android-mutoid of the same type.

Joe Dredd
rojkerr1 wrote:
she did die in Blake, would an Android have been immediately killed by a fed blaster?

Unless the blasters were firing stun bolts which caused some kind of short circuit/EMP reaction in the android.

trevor travis
ORAC: Join us, Soolin. We can fulfill your every desire.
SOOLIN: You wouldn't know where to start.

That's a human response - not an android one. On the other hand, Vinni's dialogue in "Death-Watch" is fairly one-dimensional.

Also, Soolin is able to trick the machine in "Games", to outshoot a 'faster' version of herself, by deliberately sand-bagging it. An android wouldn't think to do anything like that.

Henry Eggleton
The fact is Dorian did attempt to feed her to the creature with the rest of the crew, there was no indication it was regecting he so along with the fact she suffered injuries. I lean toward organic not android
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:

ORAC: Join us, Soolin. We can fulfill your every desire.
SOOLIN: You wouldn't know where to start.

That's a human response

Or the android could be programmed to deflect questions it doesn't have a real answer for.

MrEModels
Fascinating answers all - and ta for the fanfic, that i'd never read before! I still hold that she COULD be one, okay she'd have to have some blummin' good programming and false memories to negate the points raised, but still possible. Also, and this has only just occurred to me, she's the only one of either crew to (A) not be shown family members, (Cool not be emotionally involved with anyone. Or (C) in the case of Gan, been shown an X-Ray of a very human insides

winnie-l
Henry Eggleton wrote:The fact is Dorian did attempt to feed her to the creature with the rest of the crew, there was no indication it was regecting he so along with the fact she suffered injuries. I lean toward organic not android
I personally like this reasoning the best - *except* that if Dorian didn't know Soolin wasn't organic human, he *would* have planned to "feed her to the creature" (erm!) (= make her part of the planned Gestalt).....

Joe Dredd
My thinking too, especially as even Vinni didn't know he was an android.

trevor travis
winnie-l wrote:

Henry Eggleton wrote:The fact is Dorian did attempt to feed her to the creature with the rest of the crew, there was no indication it was regecting he so along with the fact she suffered injuries. I lean toward organic not android
I personally like this reasoning the best - *except* that if Dorian didn't know Soolin wasn't organic human, he *would* have planned to "feed her to the creature" (erm!) (= make her part of the planned Gestalt).....

Isn't it very heavily implied, that Dorian and Soolin had, at the very least, a physical relationship? I think he'd had found out if Soolin was an android...

rojkerr1
might be a pleasure model...the ones in Blade runner were very realistic!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.64 seconds
16,035,670 unique visits since 8th January 2014