Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,057
· Newest Rebel: macrascal

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [31 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [19 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 131
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
40th Anniversary Rewatch - D7 Asassin
trevor travis
The episode: Derek Seven - Assassin (Carry On Killing Piri)
The date: Tuesday, November 6th, 2018
The time: 7.45pm UK time

Starring Glynis Barber, Paul Darrow, Michael Keating, Steven Pacey, Josette Simon, Peter Tuddenham and Peter Tuddenham as Soolin's 7, plus the late, great Jacqueline Pearce as Servie, the First Doctor, and someone highly annoying.

In which Soolin is looking lovely (hooray!), saves the day (hooray!), slaps Piri (hooray!) and has the last word (hooray!).

Yup, it's an episode that is all about our favourite female gunslinger. The episode title even makes two references to her bottom.

One Spare Part
"...an assassin second to none..." Angry
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

JustBrad
i.imgur.com/yWBJFbO.jpg

I can counterfeit the deep tragedian;
Speak and look back, and pry on every side,
Tremble and start at wagging of a straw,

Richard III - Act III, scene v

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
https://www.youtu...IOjah-bnDc
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

One Spare Part

Fish looks like a Blakes 7 extra now I've seen this vid.

trevor travis
One Spare Part wrote:

"...an assassin second to none..." Angry

It certainly is Wink

Mrs_Underhill
This episode is a fun mess. It has parts which are delightful and parts which make me cringe, and it's very clumsily sewn together.

It was very enjoyable while we still had Neebrox, and went downhill with Piri.

And like in "Headhunter", the thing which upset me the most - they killed Neebrox, the bastards! And unlike Muller's lady, there was no plot demand to kill him.

His only function after death was to be a carcass, occasionally stumbled upon. Piri could be scared of being alone in an empty room, she didn't need a corpse to act hysterical. And Neebrox could have asked her about mangon and then teleported to Scorpio with Vila. And he could have greeted the crew back in the last shot. And it was already implied that Avon would take him back home, so no need to waste more time on him.
But he could have been left alive, arggghhh!

But at least no scientists were killed in this episode.
Also, the parts with Avon and Vila in the beginning were lovely. And Avon as Servalan's slave - it was such a potent moment, pity they stopped right away. Wink

And Soolin was great again!

66.media.tumblr.com/48a4e71ef9e61400b695b24d2c809ae3/tumblr_phr6z8ujZD1xe9r4qo2_400.gif

66.media.tumblr.com/62fc00b361d5ab3f26fdf85d738edbe2/tumblr_phr6z8ujZD1xe9r4qo1_400.gif
Edited by Mrs_Underhill on 06 November 2018 18:00:05

briggsy1
It's an unwritten rule of S4 that pretty much everybody ends up dead. Well apart from Dr.Plaxton's assistant who just vanishes and a few other lucky escapees.

Mrs_Underhill
briggsy1 wrote:

It's an unwritten rule of S4 that pretty much everybody ends up dead. Well apart from Dr.Plaxton's assistant who just vanishes and a few other lucky escapees.

Yes, but Neebrox could have been an exception that proves the rule. And he's not even a scientist (I accept that scientists have had to die with no exceptions in S4).

One Spare Part
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

Yes, but Neebrox could have been an exception that proves the rule. And he's not even a scientist (I accept that scientists have had to die with no exceptions in S4).

Plus for those of us who never believed that big hulk as Cancer, it would have been good to continue the "is it him or is it her?" with those 2 characters. Once Neebrox dies there is only one suspect left...

Mrs_Underhill
One Spare Part wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

Plus for those of us who never believed that big hulk as Cancer, it would have been good to continue the "is it him or is it her?" with those 2 characters. Once Neebrox dies there is only one suspect left...

Good point! The hulk was too hulky and obvious to be taken for Cancer seriously - by the audience I mean.
But then Neebrox would have to stay on the ship with Piri even after mentioning mangon - she killed him because of that. But that mangon part could be skipped altogether, or moved to the end. Honestly, it was obvious she was Cancer even without mangon slip.

littlesue
Just getting ready, tea, biccies. choccie and lots and lots of Vems 'cos I want to win the auction, this time!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

JustBrad
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Good point! The hulk was too hulky and obvious to be taken for Cancer seriously - by the audience I mean.

I thought the hulk was quite credible.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

trevor travis
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

I'm sure the First Doctor described himself as a scientist - so, yes Neebrox did have to die Wink

trevor travis
Dead scientists:

Episode 1 - Dorian
Episode 2 - Cato
Episode 3 - Practor
Episode 4 - Dr. Plaxton
Episode 5 - Justin
Episode 6 - Muller

Hugbot
Good evening ... my friends! Oops

This is a rather fishy episode. Earplugs on standby!

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

I thought the hulk was quite credible.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Hulk - smash!

BradPaula
Hello- just got home from voting and am ready for this episode.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

One Spare Part
I am ready. Choc bar.Cup of tea on the go. Cat in my lap...what a minute...was that last one a Kate Bush song?

Lorna
Hi Everybody. Looking forward to seeing some excellent acting!!!!Angry

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.81 seconds
16,035,689 unique visits since 8th January 2014