Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,236
· Newest Rebel: amp19777

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [39 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 186
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Federation Trooping at the London Film & Comic Con
MrEModels
Well, that was great fun, doing the London Film & Comic Con. Thoughts on being a Trooper:
1. Vision was much better than i thought it would be - quite a wide angle of vision, and i could even see down by peering through the tea strainer.
2. Its better to stand still. When i trooped as a Sandtrooper and Garindan, keeping moving was the key, as any draft of air through the costume while doing so helped. Not here. The suit is polyester, with elasticated wrists and ankles, so the air doesn't go through and the heat you build up by walking can't go anywhere, so you're sweating like mad and, because the suit is baggy, the sweat drips from all sorts of places, and you're VERY aware of it.
3. Derri Boots are lovely and comfortable to wear.
4. The strap on the rifle is flaming annoying, dangling away and getting in the way.
5. Audience reaction. I didn't get an awful lot, as the average age of the attendees was about 20, with a heavy bias on anime and comics. But when i DID get recognised it was great - genuine, heartfelt reactions, they were happy bunnies, usually starting the conversation with "Blakes 7! I used to LOVE that" and then going on to say who their favourite characters were.
6. Explaining who i was met with mixed reactions. Best one, the American comic book artist Frank Cho, who roared with laughter when i pointed out the tea strainer.
So, a great troop, my only regret is that i don't have many photos - the suit doesn't have pockets so i couldn't have my phone so to ask folk if they'd take pics

i.imgur.com/rtFkybt.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/MrEModels/
BradPaula
I can't say I'm surprised by the other fans reactions, but if you ask me, that is one smashing photo! Thanks for posting this.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

briggsy1
Were you in charge of throwing out people who sneaked in without paying?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.23 seconds
28,258,581 unique visits since 8th January 2014