Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Maximum Power Event 23rd June
RichardMk2
meegat39 wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Meegat, I plan to come early on Saturday, at about 2-3PM as well. I'll be taking a bus from Oxford, it stops right by Village Hall, and I'm staying close to it.
Would be happy to meet up and take a walk in the countryside if it's a nice weather, or to hang out at the pub.

Right that sounds like a plan! I'd probably opt for the pub Grin Anyone else??

I'm afraid I wont be arriving at my hotel till fairly late on Saturday as I'm out on a walk in Sussex during the day.

Moon Disk
General question, are there places to get refreshments at the location or do we bring our own?

JustBrad
Moon Disk wrote:

General question, are there places to get refreshments at the location or do we bring our own?

This will be the fourth such event in the sprawling metropolis of Steventon.... Oh, my, I'll have been to Steventon four times now.... Only been to Edinburgh three times.... well, it will be four after this trip. Brad, what are your most visited places in Britain? London, Oh, yes, of course,
Edinburgh, Oh, lovely. Love it, and Steventon. Oh, yes... wait... where????

Ahem... At the previous three Steventon events there was a break room with refreshments and snacks. I'm sure there will be this time as well, but I'll let the organizers provide details. Also, there will be a lunch van that serves fish or chicken and chips. (Clanger or Purple can correct me if I am in error here).

stormypetrel
meegat39 wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Meegat, I plan to come early on Saturday, at about 2-3PM as well. I'll be taking a bus from Oxford, it stops right by Village Hall, and I'm staying close to it.
Would be happy to meet up and take a walk in the countryside if it's a nice weather, or to hang out at the pub.

Iíll probably be arriving about the same time, assuming I donít get lost on the way! Train to Kings Cross on Friday, then cycle the rest of the way Friday afternoon/Saturday morning is the current plan. If a few of you are meeting up beforehand that would be a slightly less intimidating introduction than being dumped straight into a crowd of strangers, if you donít mind me joining you?

BradPaula
Moon Disk wrote:

Although Steventon is a small town by London standards, it does have one or two places for lunch. I have been told by one of the convention runners that a lunch van will be available outside of the venue this year, as it was for the Blake con event. Last time there was a a menu form sent out to all attendees asking what they'd like for their lunch. I believe there were burgers and fish and chips type items on the menu last time. So lunch seems to be sorted for all the Maximum Power attendees. If I hear otherwise, I'll post it on this thread. Thanks for your question, and hope to meet you there. We're the older American couple- Brad and Paula. Just ask, everyone knows us! LOL
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Mrs_Underhill
stormypetrel wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Iíll probably be arriving about the same time, assuming I donít get lost on the way! Train to Kings Cross on Friday, then cycle the rest of the way Friday afternoon/Saturday morning is the current plan. If a few of you are meeting up beforehand that would be a slightly less intimidating introduction than being dumped straight into a crowd of strangers, if you donít mind me joining you?

Cycling through Oxfordshire sounds lovely, hope the weather will be good!
Would be happy to meet you on Saturday (and Meegat too), Cherry Tree probably? It seems to be the most popular pub in the village. I was at my 1st Blake 7 convention last year and it was intimidating at first, so I understand how you feel. But it's a great bunch of people who'd make you feel very welcome very soon.

stormypetrel
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Cycling through Oxfordshire sounds lovely, hope the weather will be good!
Would be happy to meet you on Saturday (and Meegat too), Cherry Tree probably? It seems to be the most popular pub in the village. I was at my 1st Blake 7 convention last year and it was intimidating at first, so I understand how you feel. But it's a great bunch of people who'd make you feel very welcome very soon.

Great, sounds like a plan!
I too hope the weather is good... I have a track record of having to be dried on pub radiators.Cool

Moon Disk
BradPaula wrote:

Moon Disk wrote:

Although Steventon is a small town by London standards, it does have one or two places for lunch. I have been told by one of the convention runners that a lunch van will be available outside of the venue this year, as it was for the Blake con event. Last time there was a a menu form sent out to all attendees asking what they'd like for their lunch. I believe there were burgers and fish and chips type items on the menu last time. So lunch seems to be sorted for all the Maximum Power attendees. If I hear otherwise, I'll post it on this thread. Thanks for your question, and hope to meet you there. We're the older American couple- Brad and Paula. Just ask, everyone knows us! LOL

Thanks to you both for the info, JustBrad & BradPaula. I'm not obsessed with food, promise! But I do like to know where I can get a nice cup of tea, especially as I'll be coming from Oxford on the day Smile

Hope to meet you there too. Can't miss me - London accent with a Devon cream tea under my arm. Or fudge. I might bring fudge. Lots of fudge down here in Devon at the moment Grin

littlesue
stormypetrel wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

I shall be there with my book shelf....just wander into the second hall and you'll find me. If I'm off saying hello to everyone, Dearest will be there keeping an eye on things.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

travisisright
Dumb question - please feel free to tell me to go away. I was hoping to get a postal autograph from Stephen Greiff at Maximum Power but have just learnt there aren't any postal autographs. Does anyone know if there is a Maximum Power website you could order them from or any other way to obtain an autograph? Not that I'm obsessed with Travis at all *crosses gun hand*

Moon Disk
travisisright wrote:

Dumb question - please feel free to tell me to go away. I was hoping to get a postal autograph from Stephen Greiff at Maximum Power but have just learnt there aren't any postal autographs. Does anyone know if there is a Maximum Power website you could order them from or any other way to obtain an autograph? Not that I'm obsessed with Travis at all *crosses gun hand*

Well, I'm going, so I could get one for you. I'm getting autographs for a few people who can't make it on the day, so happy to help. PM me if you'd like me to add you to my growing list Smile

clareblues1
I'm coming down on the Saturday afternoon too...I've decided to stop over at a B&B this time around so if anyone wants to meet at the Cherry Tree for an evening nosh up... Smile
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

travisisright
Thank you so much!!

Can I just say this fandom is full of wonderful people who truly make you feel welcome!

meegat39
stormypetrel wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Look forward to meeting you too Stormypetrel at The Cherry Tree and of course Mrs Underhill...and anyone else.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.

meegat39
Can anyone tell me if there is much of a taxi service in Steventon. I'm looking again at train tickets and bus services and there is a frustrating disconnect with the times with the bus on the Sunday arriving hourly at the train station just after the train has departed! If I could be sure of getting a taxi at the right time I could buy my tickets on that basis... thinking of booking the 18.13 train back from Didcot.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.

BradPaula
Reading of your problem Meegat, I am wondering if there are any members going to be driving on the day? Can someone drive Meegat and perhaps others to the train station after the event? Better to work it out now than wait.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

winnie-l
Happy Friday!

Meegat39, same here - I was planning to take a taxi from the event to Didcot Parkway rail station - you & I could share one (& anyone else) to share the cost - but IIRC the event ends at 17:00? Or is it 16:00? Anyway I was planning to take as early a train back as possible.....

... when does the 18;13 train arrive @BristolTempleMeads?

ORAC!!!

.... darn thing ignoring me :[
... again...

meegat39
winnie-l wrote:

Happy Friday!

Meegat39, same here - I was planning to take a taxi from the event to Didcot Parkway rail station - you & I could share one (& anyone else) to share the cost - but IIRC the event ends at 17:00? Or is it 16:00? Anyway I was planning to take as early a train back as possible.....

... when does the 18;13 train arrive @BristolTempleMeads?

ORAC!!!

.... darn thing ignoring me :[
... again...

Hi Winnie!

That sounds like a plan! I went for a flexible ticket in the end as these events quite often overrun/finish early. Like you I want to get the earliest train possible back. I think we will have a better idea nearer the time.

purplecleric
Moon Disk wrote:

Hello Moon Disk!

I can confirm that there will be refreshments available at Maximum Power, true Brit style, with a Fish'n' Chip van in the car park and hot drinks and cakes in the smaller hall. Gluten free and vegetarian options will be available.

Additionally, there are two pubs that serve food (Cherry Tree and The Fox), and one that has the usual pub snacks of nuts and crisps (The North Star), along with a village shop (Co-op) a few yards from the venue that sells everything you would expect from a village shop. Steventon is also blessed with an artisan bakery (Farmhouse Bakery and cafe) and a farm shop at the top of the hill (Q-Gardens).

A mile away is a Macdonalds, a Costa Coffee, a Beefeater, a Harvester and a M&S food shop/ garage.

However, do feel free to bring your own refreshments if preferred - there's no microwave on site, but there will be plenty of hot water for Pot Noodles etc!

tl: dr - no one is going to starve.
Edited by Travisina on 12 May 2019 12:26:58

purplecleric
travisisright wrote:

Thank you so much!!

Can I just say this fandom is full of wonderful people who truly make you feel welcome!

I live in Steventon and will be happy to stake out an area in the Cherry Tree to welcome newcomers. I'll speak to the landlord to get an area reserved.

@hugbot can attest to the friendliness of B7 fans - you won't feel like a stranger for long.

@meeghat & winnie - taxis can be expensive, as they have to come out to the village but sharing cuts down costs. PM me and I'll send you the details of some local companies.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.81 seconds
23,311,062 unique visits since 8th January 2014