Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,048
· Newest Rebel: blamelewis

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [30 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 129
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
40th Anniversary Rewatch - C13 Terminal
trevor travis
The episode: Colin Thirteen - Terminal (Carry On Through The Particle Cloud or Carry On Aping Around)
The date: Tuesday, September 25th, 2018
The time: 7.45pm UK time

Starring Paul Darrow, Jan Chappell, Michael Keating, Steven Pacey, Josette Simon, Peter Tuddenham and Peter Tuddenham as Avon's 7, plus the late, great Jacqueline Pearce as Servie, an imaginary Blake, Avon's teddy, and Moloch in a Monkey Suit.

In which Avon falls into a trap so obvious that it's got "THIS IS A TRAP" painted on it in ten-foot writing; and tissues at the ready as a popular member of the Liberator crew dies.

Maximum power ahead...

briggsy1
Did viewers settling down on their settees back in March 1980 realise they were about to watch the end of their heroes (or so it seemed at the time)? There were clues if you cared to look: The man who started it all, Terry Nation, was back to write one final adventure and the episode title "Terminal" hinted at what was to come.

JustBrad
i.imgur.com/zRgx9iv.jpg

Dark cloudy death o'ershades his beams of life,
And he nor sees nor hears us what we say.
Henry VI - Act I scene vi

When clouds appear, wise men put on their cloaks;
Richard III - Act II scene iii

briggsy1
Terminal is like a Shakesperean tragedy or watching a slow moving car crash. The fluid particle idea is brilliant, much better than having the Liberator destroyed in a space battle or something similar.

One Spare Part
briggsy1 wrote:

Terminal is like a Shakesperean tragedy or watching a slow moving car crash. The fluid particle idea is brilliant, much better than having the Liberator destroyed in a space battle or something similar.

Agreed. That would not have been a good enough ending for Zen & the Liberator. It is also the beginning of the end of Avon...
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

briggsy1
The way that the alien particles eat the superstructure of the ship taps into our primal fears of disease, decay and death which is why this episode stays with you long after it finishes. Also the helplessness with which Vila and Dayna have to stand by and watch it happen, culminating in Zen's death scene.
It would have been even more effective with a Hollywood size budget but then you can never have everything in life!

Mrs_Underhill
Will have to miss this one as I just can't watch it in the office on muted Youtube. To rewatch it I have to be home with sound on and tissues nearby.

- Or, if you want one of your own cold, rational explanations, we can't afford to lose you.
- Sentiment breeds weakness. Let it get a hold of you and you are dead.
i.imgur.com/Dxt6yVk.gif

I screwed up my courage and rewatched couple of days ago. Man, it's devastating! And it's full reversal from Rumours of Death in how Avon rejects help from his friends and is determined to go on his quest alone.

And it IS a quest for him: he dons his armour like a knight (those gloves and jacket), he whips himself into almost religious frenzy, he commits himself fully: to reach the Holy Grail or die.

And the most tragic thing: he pushes away his friends to protect them. It's noble in his mind. Same as he's channeling Blake in order to reach him: in his mind it'll get him closer to Blake. Blake charged through many a swirly thing and came out the victor. Blake demanded his friends' trust and always got his way.

But Blake kept his humanity and Avon here hates humanity in himself and expects others to reject theirs in order to leave him to his fate. His quest was unholy because of how he went about it.

The most heartbreaking part for me it's when they all plead with him to let them help him. You see how much they've bonded, how much Avon means to them. He really built something over this season, and then he ruined it all while going after yet another false idol.

But to give him his due: I loved how he chose to honour Blake rather than to keep him alive by any means, by refusing Liberator to Servalan. And his longing for Blake must have been terrible to flip his marbles like that.
Live Blake affected him that much more than dead Anna - that we could see.

Somewhere here could be a bad joke with Servalan being a bad, bad Zoot who showed him the false grail. But it's just too sad. Damn.
Edited by Mrs_Underhill on 25 September 2018 19:44:31

Travisina
briggsy1 wrote:

It would have been even more effective with a Hollywood size budget but then you can never have everything in life!

Oh, I don't know. It's pretty darn effective as it is - the brilliant acting by Michael, Josette and Peter makes Zen's demise the most moving and powerful death scene in the whole series, IMO.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

littlesue
briggsy1 wrote:

Did viewers settling down on their settees back in March 1980 realise they were about to watch the end of their heroes (or so it seemed at the time)? There were clues if you cared to look: The man who started it all, Terry Nation, was back to write one final adventure and the episode title "Terminal" hinted at what was to come.

All I can remember is hearing the station announcer say that B7 would be back next year. I jumped for joy. I had no idea that this was intended to be the last episode ever....until someone, somewhere in the Beeb decided, at the last moment to have a change of heart.
I'm still waiting for someone, somewhere to have a change of heart 40 years later!!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Nixxie
I'm here & ready n waiting with a pot of tea & some sweeties! *hands round the liquorice allsorts* ommnommnomm

One Spare Part
briggsy1 wrote:

The look on Avon's face from the start was enough to give me a dull foreboding...

littlesue
Tea, biccies, choccie and tissues...plus a blanket. It's suddenly got quite chilly.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Travisina
I'm here for this tonight, though multi-tasking as usual and not yet had supper (pasta is cooking).

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

i.imgur.com/zRgx9iv.jpg

Dark cloudy death o'ershades his beams of life,
And he nor sees nor hears us what we say.
Henry VI - Act I scene vi

When clouds appear, wise men put on their cloaks;
Richard III - Act II scene iii

I think these are the most apt quotes you have done and you've been great all through. Putting my cloak on now...

Hugbot
Evening all! Oops

Haven't been here for quite I while ... while I was not exactly devasteted to miss Moloch Shock it was a pity that I could not join you for A Tale of Two Tarrants. Glad that I made it for this one!

Travisina
Hugbot wrote:

Evening all! Oops

Hiya, Hugbot! Good to see you here (and looking forward to seeing you at Cygnus!)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Good evening!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

One Spare Part
He looks desperate already

trevor travis
Hi everyone.

Soolin is looking extra lovely this week.

JustBrad
greetings, JustBrad, BradPaula, Lorna, and Spaceship Dispatcher all sharing my account for band width reasons,

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.76 seconds
15,209,739 unique visits since 8th January 2014