Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 20

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,057
· Newest Rebel: macrascal

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [31 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [19 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 131
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Very sad news - Jacqueline Pearce has died
sweevo
The news just popped up on my Twitter feed. RIP, Jacqueline... at least I got to meet you at Cygnus Alpha 2. Goodbye, Supreme Commander. Sad

NeutronBlasterCleaner
R.I.P. Jacks

I only had the pleasure of meeting you once but I never forgot it, such a wonderful woman.

We were so lucky to have her as the Supreme Commander, she made evil, sexy and Blake’s 7 a lifelong joy.

We will miss you, xx

Steve

clanger68
Shocked and stunned.

She had been dodging the odds and kicking back at life hard for so long I thought this day would never come, silly I know, but it didn't even register it would happen.

Listening to her interviews, reading her blogs, meeting her on numerous occasions I can honestly say I was in awe of her.

Shocked, saddened and numb.............

But, with grief comes memories, and there are some very naughty ones circulating right now, and as always I smile when I think of Jacqueline Pearce!
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
luskentyre
So very sad to hear that the formidable and beautiful Jacqueline Pearce has died. Her portrayal of Servalan was just stunning and she deserved to grace our screens far, far more than she did.

I had the massive pleasure of meeting her at a convention in 2015 where I presented her with a bag of fun-size Mars bars and some champagne :-)

RIP Jacks x

www.losbarcos.org.uk/images/jacqueline_pearce.jpg

Frankymole
This is terrible news. She was completely and utterly wonderful. The world is an even sadder place now.

RIP.

Ellen York
I just saw the news on the front page here. I'm stunned, I hadn't realized she was so ill. I had the chance to meet her at Cygnus Alpha 2. She had such amazing presence, her interview panel was a real treat. And later that night when some of us were still hanging out at the pub, she sauntered in dispensing greetings and hugs all around, an extra bonus in a marvelous day.

Tyce
No!

mrsbookmark
Oh No!
Jacqueline Pearce was fantastic on B7. Also, I loved her on the audios and anytime she was interviewed or gave commentaries. She was so lively and vivacious. I could listen to her all day. Rest in Peace.

dragonq
What wretched news. Makes a bad time in my life even more miserable.

Blake’s 7 would have been nothing without its Supreme Commander.

Deeply grieved to hear Jacqueline has gone: she was a truly wonderful actress.

briggsy1
Her death gets a mention in the Sun (page 3 slightly bizarrely) and Daily Mail on p4, so her performances clearly made a big impact on the media hacks. No mention from her erstwhile employer though I hope to hear a proper obit on Sunday radio 4 show "Last Word" as they did for Dudley Simpson and Gareth Thomas.

exterminator
Very sad and shocked to hear of the passing of Jacqueline. I did not know she had been ill. The universe is a little less bright today.
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"

Maximum Power
Jacqueline was truly a one off - so sad today, but glad to have at least met her a few times and experienced her charm - and yes, wicked sense of humour.

Maximum Power to you Jacks, as you head off on your restful and peaceful journey.

luskentyre
There's a piece on the BBC News website now:

https://www.bbc.c...s-45406498
Edited by Mistletoe12 on 04 September 2018 10:05:42

Mistletoe12
I didn't want to accept this horrible news; if I read it a second time, it wouldn't be true - except it is, and here we are posting condolence messages.

Jacks was such an incredible woman: funny, talented, and I loved the fact she danced to her own tune.

I never appreciated Servalan when I watched Blake's 7 in the 70s. She wasn't a personal favourite - maybe the truth is she scared me a bit. But I came to appreciate the character over the decades, and while I would have kept my distance from Servalan, the same could never be said about Jacqueline Pearce.

Her approachability at events; her sense of humour and sheer irreverence made talking with her easy. I've never felt nervous in her company; the table dividing guest from attendee during autograph signings could have been invisible. I felt comfortable talking to Jacks, and I know the same is true for my son. He is upset to hear she has passed away, and loved talking with her - she was his favourite Blake's 7 actor. We are more than a bit heartbroken to know we will never again hear her memorable laugh.

I wish we could have spent one final time with Jacks at the upcoming CA4 convention, but it wasn't to be ...

It does hurt to know we've lost another cherished cast member - I am sad, but I refuse to give in to tears. Jacqueline Pearce will live on on our memories: chatting with her at conventions, listening to an audio interview, smiling at a risque story ... too many collective memories to list here today.

The world has lost an incredible individual and my consolation is knowing she has finally found peace.

RIP Supreme Commander Servalan.
Edited by Mistletoe12 on 04 September 2018 10:16:47

percusski
Sad news, another childhood icon gone. Nice to see a tribute in the Guardian online today though https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/sep/03/jacqueline-pearce-blakes-7-and-doctor-who-actor-dies-aged-74?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Guardian+Today+-+Collection&utm_term=284841&subid=8339298&CMP=GT_collection

daro2096
Just learned of this sad news a few minutes ago on MSN.

My aunt died of the same disease 16 years ago. It is a killer.

She will be sadly missed. Am gutted at the news.

CastleStu
Very sad news,Jacqueline was a very talented actress, i met her a few years ago at Collectormania Glasgow.
She was a lovely woman, taking time to chat to her fans, she was quite a character, genuine, talented, lovely.
She'll be missed, but never forgotten.

Spaceresearcher
Utterly devastated to learn of this terrible event today. Completely shocked and gutted. Jax's had soldiered on through cancer so valiantly I was convinced it could never truly harm her.

Jacqueline Pearce to me was the greatest female actor of all time and that I'm ever likely to see in my lifetime. She was amazing in anything I saw or heard her perform in and I admired her positive outlook and highly thoughtful views on life.

I'll be treasuring the wonderful work she's left behind and the terrific messages she gave me in my hand signed copies of her autobiography along with her terrific interviews.

Long live the memories of your great work, beautiful, wonderful and utterly fantastic Jacqueline Pearce.

Spaceresearcher
Mistletoe12 wrote:

I didn't want to accept this horrible news; if I read it a second time, it wouldn't be true - except it is, and here we are posting condolence messages.

Jacks was such an incredible woman: funny, talented, and I loved the fact she danced to her own tune.

I never appreciated Servalan when I watched Blake's 7 in the 70s. She wasn't a personal favourite - maybe the truth is she scared me a bit. But I came to appreciate the character over the decades, and while I would have kept my distance from Servalan, the same could never be said about Jacqueline Pearce.

Her approachability at events; her sense of humour and sheer irreverence made talking with her easy. I've never felt nervous in her company; the table dividing guest from attendee during autograph signings could have been invisible. I felt comfortable talking to Jacks, and I know the same is true for my son. He is upset to hear she has passed away, and loved talking with her - she was his favourite Blake's 7 actor. We are more than a bit heartbroken to know we will never again hear her memorable laugh.

I wish we could have spent one final time with Jacks at the upcoming CA4 convention, but it wasn't to be ...

It does hurt to know we've lost another cherished cast member - I am sad, but I refuse to give in to tears. Jacqueline Pearce will live on on our memories: chatting with her at conventions, listening to an audio interview, smiling at a risque story ... too many collective memories to list here today.

The world has lost an incredible individual and my consolation is knowing she has finally found peace.

RIP Supreme Commander Servalan.

You and I both Mistletoe12, I saw a news blurb in the Big Finish news and checked a few sites in disbelief before summing up the courage to check blakes7online. RIP Jacqueline Pearce.

Anniew
Sand in the wind
Is all we are. Blown to wild
Sculpture, we endure for a while
And some take shapes so rare,
So diamond sharp yet pliable,
They haunt the memory.

Sand in the wind
Is all we are. But you withstood
The gales; floated above
The common ground:
Your grains of crystal
Odd angled,
Defying time.

Sharp to fools.
Warm to the foolish.
It is too soon...too hard
To say Goodbye.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.42 seconds
16,125,861 unique visits since 8th January 2014