Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,051
· Newest Rebel: aaronreuben

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [30 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 129
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's Legacy - Launching at Cygnus Alpha!
Travisina
www.blakes7online.com/images/news/bl_logo_200px.jpg

We're there, folks!
Thanks again to all Horizon members (and non Horizon members) who contributed essays for this 40th Anniversary anthology of fan memoirs.

Blake's Legacy - 40 Years of Rebellion is published by Who Dares Publishing, and will benefit Alzheimer's Research UK.

Spread the word!

EDITED 25th SEPT FOR PUBLICATION DATE
Edited by Travisina on 28 September 2018 11:14:50
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

clanger68
There is now a Facebook Page for those who can, or wish to venture into the scary world of social media:

https://www.faceb...ojblake40/
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Joe Dredd
I'm pleased to see the great Rob Hammond has done the book design.

Mistletoe12
Coming Soon: Blake's Legacy - 40 Years of Rebellion

Blake’s Legacy - 40 Years of Rebellion
is a brand new anthology of memoirs written by fans of Blake's 7 to celebrate the series' 40th Anniversary. Childhood impressions, life-enhancing encounters with the cast and crew, the joy of meeting fellow fans, and creative activities inspired by the series are all lovingly described.

We have edited the book with love as well; not just for Blake’s 7, but its fandom whose loyalty, ingenuity and humour shine from its pages.

The creators of the series, many sadly no longer with us, receive the gratitude and recognition they deserve in Blake's Legacy for the enjoyment they have given us over the past forty years. Grateful thanks are due to those who have contributed essays. They are a unique record of Blake’s 7 fandom. Pretty special, in other words.

Gareth Thomas supported Alzheimer’s Research UK, and we made the decision that profits from sales of Blake's Legacy will go to this charity. We hope that you will enjoy reading the book whilst supporting this cause.

BradPaula
Looking forward to buying a copy.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
Update:

Publication date is 25th September, and pre-ordered copies can be picked up at Cygnus Alpha, thereby saving the cost of postage. Pre-order here: Who Dares Publishing. The deadline for pre-ordering to pick up at Cygnus Alpha is 20th September.
There will also be copies for sale at the convention.

Come at meet the editors! One of us will be at Cygnus for the full weekend (waves at Annie, mwah!), the other two will be there on Saturday only.

Meanwhile, spread the word via Facebook and Twitter - buying the book will support Alzehimer's Research UK.

clareblues1
Travisina, will it be available to collect on the Friday evening as I’m only going to be able to come to the Josette talk?

Cheers!
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Travisina
clareblues1 wrote:

Travisina, will it be available to collect on the Friday evening as I’m only going to be able to come to the Josette talk?

Cheers!

Yes - liaise with Anniew. Sorry I won't get to see you - I'm only there on Saturday.

Travisina
Please note:

Copies of the book for sale at Cygnus Alpha (that haven't been pre-ordered) can be paid for by CASH ONLY. We can't accept cheques or credit cards. Apologies for any inconvenience!

clareblues1
Righty’o Travisina...I may catch you on the Saturday morning as I’m stopping overnight... Smile
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Ellen York
I just ordered my copy for pick-up at Cygnus Alpha. I noticed a quirk in the order system. Putting in a US address defaulted the shipping to international. I selected ship to a different address and put in the hotel address just to have something to put in the space and that allowed the pick-up at CA option. I just wanted to let people know in case anyone else is having this issue.

BradPaula
Ellen York wrote:

I just ordered my copy for pick-up at Cygnus Alpha. I noticed a quirk in the order system. Putting in a US address defaulted the shipping to international. I selected ship to a different address and put in the hotel address just to have something to put in the space and that allowed the pick-up at CA option. I just wanted to let people know in case anyone else is having this issue.

I had the same problem. I notified the editors and they said it was my server! I'll buy a copy at the convention....

Ellen York
BradPaula wrote:

Ellen York wrote:

I had the same problem. I notified the editors and they said it was my server! I'll buy a copy at the convention....

I figured they were assuming people from out-of-country wouldn't be at CA. My purchase went through so I assume I will have a copy waiting for me.

BradPaula
Ellen York wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Ellen York wrote:

I figured they were assuming people from out-of-country wouldn't be at CA. My purchase went through so I assume I will have a copy waiting for me.

I tried how you ordered and it worked the second time. Thanks for the advice.

Anniew
Just a heads up that the book is only on SALE on Saturday.

Pre orders can be collected Friday.

So if you want Josette to sign your copy....

Books are being shipped to me on Wednesday 26th....so you would need to get your orders in soon.

Annie x
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Travisina
IT'S OUT TODAY!

Some quotes to whet your appetite:

"Gareth Thomas was late arriving for his talk - the lift had broken down!"

"How does someone become a Blake’s 7 fan in a country where the series never aired?"

"In the lounge area of a small country hotel, I finally got to meet Paul Darrow. I had a little speech prepared..."

"The climbing frame could be the Liberator, but what could we use for those amazing handguns?"

"I was caught in some sort of time loop; forever destined to re-live Series One over and over again..."

"We made our way to to the BBC, waving our Bring Back Blake’s 7 signs..."

"On that fateful evening of 21st December 1981 my school carol concert overran..."

Want to read more? The book can be ordered from Who Dares Publishing, with proceeds going to Alzheimer's Research UK.

Copies will be on sale at Cygnus Alpha on Saturday 29th Sept. Come and meet the Editors!

Lurena
Just curious. Did you sell many copies/ make a good result for the Alzheimer's Research?
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Hugbot
I began to read my copy on my way to Portsmouth (starting with the essays by the people I know personally) .... and I can tell you I was suprised that suddenly Portsmouth station was announced. What should have been a 90 minutes journey turned out to be over in no time. And I can tell you I literally loughed and cried at reading the life stores of my fellow Horizonists.

littlesue
I ordered mine last Thursday and am just waiting for it to drop through my letter box!
Meanwhile, I am tidying up like a person possessed as a certain Huggy is due to visit on Thursday.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Hugbot
littlesue wrote:
a certain Huggy is due to visit on Thursday.

I actually remembered to bring the Carcanet Collection for you to sign!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
15,411,818 unique visits since 8th January 2014