Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,042
· Newest Rebel: Sirius Fox

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [29 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [21 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 127
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What is the difference between...
BountyHunter
...the Classic Audio Adventures and the Liberator Chronicles? I was under the impression that one had stories set during the tv series and the other was after. But looking through both on the Big Finish website, they both seem to have adventures during the tv series.

Confused.

Joe Dredd
The Classic Audio Adventures are full cast drama productions whereas the Liberator Chronicles are largely narrated stories.

The LCs do have some special effects and usually an extra actor or two adding a voice (so certain stories may have a conversation between two characters), but essentially they are "books on Tape"/"A Book at Bedtime" to the CAA radio play style.

BradPaula
They both are set in the framwork of the tv series. Nothing post-Gauda Prime if memory serves me correctly. Quite often in the liner notes it states that this particular story was set between this episode and that. It gives a sort of time-line to what you are listening to. I heartily endorse all discs. I listen to them over and over again and love them. Luckily we started buying the discs when they first came out so we have them all including Crossfire 3 and The Way Ahead, which is very good and a loving tribute to 40 years of Blake's 7. Yes, I admit I'm a huge fan of Big Finish.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

thewayback7
The difference is form, not content. With the full cast Classic Adventures you get back-and-forth dialogue, giving the feel of a real show.

Whereas the largely narrated Liberator Chronicles feels more like you're inside someone's head, observing from their perspective.

(I haven't listened to a lot of Big Finish though. It's just my limited impression).

BountyHunter
ok, cool. Thanks everyone.

daro2096
The LC sets are mostly narration with 2 actors.

BountyHunter
Another stupid question for you guys.

Are the B7 novels from Big Finish in the same continuity as the audio dramas? Do they ever reference each other?

I just bought The Forgotten.

BradPaula
BountyHunter wrote:

Another stupid question for you guys.

Are the B7 novels from Big Finish in the same continuity as the audio dramas? Do they ever reference each other?

I just bought The Forgotten.

As far as I can say, they are all self contained stories not in an arc like some of the audios are. I found the books a disappointment personally as there were many authors but some knew the series more than others. There were glaring mistakes in some, if memory serves, not using teleport or teleportation as describing it but using the Star Trek 'beaming down' instead. Of course the Paul Darrow books are not strictly Blake's 7. Yes, they do feature Avon and occasionally there is mention of a known Blake's 7 character but the biggest turn off was all the wonky science and having submarines in them, helicopters, cigars and the character of Avon saying 'well now' more than two dozen times in the first book alone. So I'd say they were a mixed bag at best. If it were my call for Big Finish, I think I'd curtail the written books and concentrate on the audios, of which they are excellent at.

As always, it is your call, so please read The Forgotten and comment as to how you liked it. And don't let me put you off buying more Big Finish books. It is just my humble opinion and many others I'm sure think differently about the books than I do. Grin
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.31 seconds
14,684,583 unique visits since 8th January 2014