Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Avengers/Buck Rogers/Dr Who
BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

The old dear is a Corrie regular.

I'm guessing you are referring to Coronation Street? -P
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Why is Mycroft Holmes masquerading as a professor?
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Lazarus is certianly not a sympathetic character.... he's an old letch!

trevor travis
Who is at its best when its paying homage... and here we go with a homage to Jekyll & Hyde, with a bit of King Kong throw in!!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
This is where the episode lost my interest and support on first viewing, with Mark's character turning into the creature so soon. It made it a monster flick rather than the drama I was hoping for...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

This is where the episode lost my interest and support on first viewing, with Mark's character turning into the creature so soon. It made it a monster flick rather than the drama I was hoping for...

So you don't like Seasons 13 or 14 either?? Grin

There's more than a wink to the Hinchcliffe/Holmes period here!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

So you don't like Seasons 13 or 14 either?? Grin

Those series are great Grin but this is too rushed for me...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Gugu Mbatha-Raw is good, and I see she was a lead in Bonekickers that I was asking about on another thread.

Spaceship Dispatcher
"Don't be ridiculous! The biggest danger here is choking on an olive!"

Lol Grin Great line.

trevor travis
Oh, and a bit Dorian Grey thrown in as well!!!

trevor travis

"Don't be ridiculous! The biggest danger here is choking on an olive!"

Lol Grin Great line.

Yup, at that point she's doomed Grin

trevor travis
I like Martha. She's one of the smartest companions.

BradPaula
I've got to admit the creature with the human face is quite scary at times. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
TT, I have remembered one of the main reasons this episode didn't work for me first time around: is there an explanation of how the creature gains and loses mass in the transformation without the heat/cold side effects that the Daemon experiences? It seems like quiet a lazy a continuity error unless there's an explanation I have missed.

trevor travis
"I heard the explosion and guessed it was you" Grin

trevor travis

TT, I have remembered one of the main reasons this episode didn't work for me first time around: is there an explanation of how the creature gains and loses mass in the transformation without the heat/cold side effects that the Daemon experiences? It seems like quiet a lazy a continuity error unless there's an explanation I have missed.

The creature has a bit of Jagaroth in it Grin

Anyway, there's no reason for things to happen exactly as they did in the "Daemons" - it's not a Daemon!

BradPaula
Reverse the polarity? LOL -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
The explanation about stored genes doesn't add up since, whether the data was stored in the body or not, it doesn't explain the power to transform...

trevor travis
You can't pull off the false ending thing in every episode... but it works well here... it's a nice twist.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Anyway, there's no reason for things to happen exactly as they did in the "Daemons" - it's not a Daemon!

That was just an example - the Doctor's explanation of the heat/cold was to with the change in mass which merely applied to that one race at the time, but the question is equally valid here.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,138,710 unique visits since 8th January 2014