Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 1
Liam

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Avengers/Buck Rogers/Dr Who
trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

See you in 15 minutes for some vintage New Who!!! Grin Grin

Aren't the words 'vintage' and 'New' a contradiction in terms? Oops

Not if the "New"episode is now 6 years old Grin

Classic Who = 1963-1989
New Who = 2005-

So some of the "New" Who is getting quite old!

Spaceship Dispatcher
This business of posts appearing too early in the thread; there is definately something wrong, and the times that the site attaches to posts are wrong too when they go out of sequence. I just posted something three minutes after TT's last post and the site placed earlier and on the previous page.

edit: just checked and the site says 'posted at 2105' when actually I wrote it at 2110!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Started Grin

edit: the post says 2112, but its 2115! Angry

edit: 2115! duh!
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 19 March 2014 21:15:50
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Here we go!!!! Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Very good use of television news to tell part of the narrative right through the new series...

trevor travis
The Doctor isn't that nice to Martha at the start of this episode... she's already proved her worth.... but she once more has to come up trumps.

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

This business of posts appearing too early in the thread; there is definately something wrong, and the times that the site attaches to posts are wrong too when they go out of sequence. I just posted something three minutes after TT's last post and the site placed earlier and on the previous page.

edit: just checked and the site says 'posted at 2105' when actually I wrote it at 2110!

It seems that our 'flood' setting is at one post per minute. When we post more frequently the posts bump up against each other and end up somewhere in the previously posted ones. That's what it looks like to me. A pain, but then I'm not a computer expert and cannot offer an answer. Avon? Where are you? -P
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina

My latest theory (unsubstantiated, just a theory at the moment) is that when posts arrive at exactly the same moment from different posters, the 'collision' bumps one of them upstream. Earlier, I posted a Churchill quote on this thread. Paula's reply quoting my post appeared BEFORE my original post, but with the same time stamp as mine (20.30), while another, unrelated post from Trevor Travis appeared with the same time stamp BELOW Paula's.

I'm interpreting the sequence of events thus: that I posted, Paula replied within the minute but her post collided with TT's, which had the effect of bumping her reply upstream of my original.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Freema is lovely in this episode... it suits her having her hair long!! Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

It seems that our 'flood' setting is at one post per minute. When we post more frequently the posts bump up against each other and end up somewhere in the previously posted ones. That's what it looks like to me. A pain, but then I'm not a computer expert and cannot offer an answer. Avon? Where are you? -P

That can't be it - the times are all wrong and we have not been posting hardly anything since Buck finished at 2100. See my post above and TT's for saying we had started the dvd...
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 19 March 2014 21:22:27

trevor travis
It's nice to have almost the entire Jones clan here.... they don't appear enough.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Freema is lovely in this episode... it suits her having her hair long!! Grin

Its a shame her sister had such a limited role in the series.

trevor travis
Professor Lazarus..... big clue there Grin

BradPaula
SD: I'm not the one to ask about computer matters, you should know! Travisina is trying to pin point the problem by monitoring. Until we figure it out in more detail, we will have to use caution and post judiciously. -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
Mark Gatiss is one of my favourite writers and actors, especially in the world of Dr Who

Spaceship Dispatcher
This episode is visually very good at the beginning.

BradPaula
Didn't they use a similar machine in The Leisure Hive? -P

Spaceship Dispatcher
Creme Egg time Grin

trevor travis
The old dear is a Corrie regular.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Didn't they use a similar machine in The Leisure Hive? -P

Sort of - there is a similar machine, but its supposed to allow you manipulate matter and replicate; the Doctor's aging (and reversal of the process) is due to tampering!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.64 seconds
9,885,477 unique visits since 8th January 2014