Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,048
· Newest Rebel: blamelewis

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [30 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 129
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
40th Anniversary Rewatch - C4 Dawn Of The Gods
trevor travis
The episode: Colin Four - Dawn Of The Gods
The date: Tuesday, July 24th, 2018
The time: 7.45pm UK time

Starring Paul Darrow, Jan Chappell, Michael Keating, Steven Pacey, Josette Simon, Peter Tuddenham and Peter Tuddenham as Avon's 7, Vic Thatcher From Survivors, a Bald Dwarf and the very, very scary Slave Chasing Machine *

In which Orac does something really, really, really stupid, Avon does something a bit stupid, the Thaarn does something very stupid, and Dawn doesn't do anything stupid at all, because she's not in this episode, despite it being named after her. On the other hand, Cally is quite clever. So is Tarrant.

Get your Space Monopoly sets out and join in with this rewatch.

* Those are a nervous disposition are warned of just how scary the Slave Chasing Machine is. To quote the Cat, we may wish to go up to brown alert (obligatory Red Dwarf reference already taken care of).
Edited by trevor travis on 18 July 2018 23:09:17

littlesue
And not forgetting the appearance of these incredible stars!!
i.imgur.com/aZNGX1i.jpg
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Mrs_Underhill
I think the most stupid thing about this episode was making it.
But sometimes it's so stupid it's funny, so OK, I'll take it. Smile

Couldn't resist Monty Python crossover with the Scary Slave Chasing Machine.

i.imgur.com/nTz1MLE.gif

And I think this episode would've been greatly improved by stripping cactuses (cacti?).

i.imgur.com/Xt4JYHg.gif

trevor travis
littlesue wrote:

And not forgetting the appearance of these incredible stars!!
i.imgur.com/aZNGX1i.jpg

Plus graphite writing sticks, of course.

trevor travis
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Aw, I like it. It's almost perfect for the first 30 minutes (before the appearance of the Slave Chasing Machine). It builds up so atmospherically, only to fall apart a bit at the end.

JustBrad
i.imgur.com/cMUOclY.jpg

'Ware, pencils, Ho!
Love's Labours Lost. Act V scene ii

And to get the obligatory Blackadder reference out of the way:

Vila, believe me, eternity in the company of Beelzebub, and all his hellish instruments of death, will be a picnic compared to five minutes with me and this pencil.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

Vila, believe me, eternity in the company of Beelzebub, and all his hellish instruments of death, will be a picnic compared to five minutes with me and this pencil.

That quotes fits in TWICE to this episode... it's perfect!

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

So right now it's Curtis / Elton 1, William Shakespeare 0, unless that was the bit of Additional Dialog Will was credited with in the closing credits.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

So right now it's Curtis / Elton 1, William Shakespeare 0, unless that was the bit of Additional Dialog Will was credited with in the closing credits.

I believe Shakespeare is only credited in the original 'The Black Adder', so the score remains 1-0 to Curtis / Elton.

BradPaula
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Couldn't resist Monty Python crossover with the Scary Slave Chasing Machine.

i.imgur.com/nTz1MLE.gif

And I think this episode would've been greatly improved by stripping cactuses (cacti?).

i.imgur.com/Xt4JYHg.gif

Any Monty Python, Red Dwarf, Blackadder or even Babylon 5 mention is always welcome. *Splunge*
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Mrs_Underhill
BradPaula wrote:

Any Monty Python, Red Dwarf, Blackadder or even Babylon 5 mention is always welcome. *Splunge*

OK, more Monty Python then!

i.imgur.com/Cd8yJ00.gif

i.imgur.com/JQtmtzW.gif

trevor travis
Poor Cally just wants a snog.

She never gets one.

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

She never gets one.

Nor does Jenna.

Makes you wonder, don't it?

trevor travis
What really takes the biscuit is when an undead alien steals Cally's image, and Avon snogs her (arguably committing necrophilia), but never Cally.

sweevo
JustBrad wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

She never gets one.

Nor does Jenna.

Well, Cally DID get one from Avon at the climax to "Sarcophagus", even though she was technically possessed by a psychotic long-dead alien. Jenna's the only one who never got a kiss from anyone.

JustBrad
sweevo wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

She never gets one.

Nor does Jenna.

Well, Cally DID get one from Avon at the climax to "Sarcophagus", even though she was technically possessed by a psychotic long-dead alien. Jenna's the only one who never got a kiss from anyone.

That wasn's a possessed Cally, that was the alien who had taken Cally's form. At the time of the kiss, Cally is clearly unconscious in her bunk.
Edited by JustBrad on 23 July 2018 17:34:08

Mrs_Underhill
trevor travis wrote:

Not from this creep she doesn't! Smile

i.imgur.com/PpesVFz.gif

Personally I think Cally got plenty of snogs off-screen between Sarcophagus and Deathwatch - until Avon started receiving strange messages from Terminal and started cutting himself off from everybody. But it's just my humble opinion which I don't deign to force on other people. Smile

JustBrad
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Not from this creep she doesn't! Smile

Personally I think Cally got plenty of snogs off-screen between Sarcophagus and Deathwatch - until Avon started receiving strange messages from Terminal and started cutting himself off from everybody. But it's just my humble opinion which I don't deign to force on other people. Smile

I'd like to think so, but I doubt it. Avon was carrying a large torch for the false idol he had made of Anna Grant.

After ROD, who knows, but I suspect seeing her again only reinforced the isolation of a man who already had some serious trust issues.

trevor travis
Nearly Space Monopoly time...

Nixxie
sadly not going to make it tonight - I'm going to see the digitally remastered 'Maurice' at the cinema instead. have fun without me!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.43 seconds
15,278,608 unique visits since 8th January 2014