Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 1
Lorna

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
The UNIT Fannual 1974 - Contributors required please
technodelic
Following the success of and interest in the Peter Cushing Dr. Who Fannual, a second Fannual is being seriously considered.

It will follow the adventures of UNIT, set during season 10 of Doctor Who in 1973, between The Three Doctors and The Green Death. It is primarily about UNIT, and how they cope with 'the odd... the unexplained...' in the Doctor's absence.

Writer guidelines can be found on the Facebook page: https://www.faceb...annual1974 - or if you are not on Facebook, please send your email address by PM, and I'll forward the document.

Grin

GoldChannel
this appeals to me personally far less than the Cushing one, but all the best to you and Scott with this project! Smile

technodelic
GoldChannel wrote:

this appeals to me personally far less than the Cushing one, but all the best to you and Scott with this project! Smile

Each to their own Smile but with the submission call being on the Doctor Who News Site:

http://www.doctor...82617.html

- we've had more pitches so far in a week than we had for the entire year that the Cushing Fannual was in production! Happy

GoldChannel
well, I guess UNIT are far more popular than Peter Cushing

but for me the non-canonical bubble of the Cushing Dr was a part of the whole films' , and the Fannual project's, charm

technodelic
GoldChannel wrote:

well, I guess UNIT are far more popular than Peter Cushing

but for me the non-canonical bubble of the Cushing Dr was a part of the whole films' , and the Fannual project's, charm

Agreed. The writers had far more area to explore the characters, who were largely undeveloped in the Cushing films. This gave the Dr. Who Fannual a lot of scope.

Having had two superlative pitches from writers new to me for the UNIT Fannual, among the many others which sadly encapsulate the usual fan mindset of not really being able to think outside the series format of the time yet remain faithful to it, I would say there is probably a lot of scope in the UNIT era left that I hadn't realised. After being quite exhausted after script editing the Cushing Fannual, I'm feeling very energised by the enthusiasm and creativity of some of our potential submissions for this new venture...

Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.19 seconds
9,919,028 unique visits since 8th January 2014