Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,005
· Newest Rebel: Esherrouse

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [25 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [16 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [19 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [19 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 118
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
The Federation's version of the Liberator
MrEModels
So, this week on the Blakes 7 In Character podcast, we are featuring Sub-Commander Raiker, and Ian and i were saying how sometimes the lesser characters, quite insignificent person, through their actions set in motion a change of events that are monumental, but they have no clue of. And how, should they have not done a certain thing, events could have unfolded VERY differently.
We cited the officer on board the Stardestroyer who says to hold fire and not blow up the escape pod with the droids in. If he hadn't said that, no droids going down to Tatooine, no Luke leaving Tatooine, no saved Princess, the Empire wins.
In the Blakes 7 universe, Raiker is one of those crucial, lynchpin characters. If he didn't have the idea to put a boarding party on when the London discovers the Liberator, and later to send Blake, Jenna and Avon over, things would've played out completely differently - Blake and co would have gone to Cygnus Alpha for the rest of their lives, and Leylan would have told the Federation of the alien ship.
Got got to talking on how they probably would have tried to extrapolate the technology and make their own versions (as Servalan says in a later episode, "the pattern for a fleet"Wink and Ian had the brilliant concept of a Federation Liberator in the colour scheme of the Pursuit Ships.
That made a lightbulb ping on above my head.
Years back, i'd made a chunky version of the Liberator out of a cheap, knock-off lightsaber hilt, Plasticard arms, parts from the International Space Station kit, plus loads of other bits and pieces.
I'd recently got it down from the attic and was in the process of repairing it when we did the Raiker episode. So, bit of a rehink - finish the repairs and paint it red. I'm thinking the clunkiness works, as its humans trying to replicate the alien technology, but doing it in their boxy, analogue way.
Here it is then, when it came down from the atttic, and with the rear globe masked up and sprayed in red primer.
To keep the theme of the Pursuit Ship going, i'm next going to add some white striping.

i.imgur.com/FhNkMvk.jpg

i.imgur.com/x4pxmd6.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/MrEModels/
MrEModels
The Federations version of the Liberator. Ian came up with the idea, and he came up with the name too - the Destructor.

i.imgur.com/Qb5DX4u.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/MrEModels/
sweevo
That is one sweet ship.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.25 seconds
12,673,318 unique visits since 8th January 2014