Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Did Avon love Blake (non romantically)
Panna
As a side note, I think Avon can be emotionally fickle, changing how he feels about someone to love, hate or indifference in the blink of an eye. I think he had faulty emotional wiring in his brain.

P.S. I love these discussions. It is so nice to have a group of people to talk to about Blake's 7. Smile
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Frankymole
Maybe Avon just didn't think emotions were that important. Or only where they involved certain reliable people - he only ever seemed to rely on a small handful of people in his entire life. He explicitly stated that he didn't view demonstrating emotions as important or necessary. And regret was even less important.

sooper mouse
I think he did, and it bothered him that he did, and wasn't sure what to do about it.
That's why he kept trying to run away from Blake but never did.

When Blake has a problem he calls Avon. They touch- a lot. They like sparring, and anywhere where they are together for more than 10 minutes they end up being close together.
Compare this with Avon' attitude towards everyone else. Even with Cally, in the beginning of Sarcophagus when he goes to check on her, it's Cally that gets close to Avon, not the other way around. he keeps his safe distance.
But he doesn't do that with Blake. He wants to protect Blake, and Blake does the same with Avon. It's instinct, it's not even thought.
4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ek8w7fjwIPM/Uj8LWCKFfYI/AAAAAAAADM8/WZyyNE4L7f0/s400/timesquad1.jpg

sooper mouse
meegat39 wrote:

Panna wrote:

Does anyone think that Blake loved Avon-non romantically? If so, was that his downfall?

I don't think there's any doubt, after all that "Avon, I was waiting for youuuuuu" says it all really. When he should have stopped he kept going and his dying word "Avooooooon". Also in Countdown when he threatens Del Grant to ensure Avon's safety. I think that Avon and Blake both respected and valued the other (and more), the main difference is that Blake was more honest about his true feelings.

it's very obvious Blake was happy as hell to see Avon.

Drasko
Although I like Avon, and Paul Darrow's interpretation, I don't find it a very serious character
In fact, I don't think that there is a very sophisticated characterisation of any of them, and of their relationship
There is a fragrance of (I'll allow myself to say) naive approach in making characters, plots, dramatic moments etc...
But I think it is a plus for Blake's 7
Like it more for that Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.22 seconds
9,114,812 unique visits since 8th January 2014