Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 28

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,059
· Newest Rebel: Johnrcamm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [32 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
16% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
7% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 134
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Space Commander (post Trial) in Season 2
thewayback7
I'm writing a post Pressure Point story and I need a replacement space commander for Servalan to interact with in the story (now that Travis is about to go rogue).

I could make one up, of course, but I'm wondering if there were any episodes in the 2nd half of season 2 which featured a replacement space commander?

Or a commander from another season?

Thanks.
Edited by thewayback7 on 17 March 2018 03:22:41

BradPaula
There is Commander Mori in 'Volcano' who takes orders from Servalan. But that's in series 3.

The one Space Commander I found in series 2 was from' Hostage', and he had no name in the Programme Guide.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
There is a sub commander in Bounty.

thewayback7
Thanks for the suggestions. The nameless commander from Hostage might do for space commander (although Servalan has him arrested).

I might need another senior guy to do a criminal investigation for Servalan, so Mori or Cheney might work that role.

I just thought of a complication: Servalan torches everyone who fails her, so that makes it hard to have continuity in her staff.

Thanks.

Child Of Auron
There is Jarriere from Gambit but I don't think his rank was ever specified on screen

Travisina
thewayback7 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. The nameless commander from Hostage might do for space commander (although Servalan has him arrested).

I might need another senior guy to do a criminal investigation for Servalan, so Mori or Cheney might work that role.

I just thought of a complication: Servalan torches everyone who fails her, so that makes it hard to have continuity in her staff.

Thanks.

There's Major Thania in Trial - did she survive?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

rojkerr1
wouldn't give tuppence for her chances, Travis was right

thewayback7
Major Thania might do for my investigator role. I could give her a reprieve from Servalan's wrath, to investigate an urgent matter.

Gambit (and The Keeper) is not a favourite episode of mine, so I probably won't weave Jarriere into my fiction.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Travisina
thewayback7 wrote:

Gambit (and The Keeper) is not a favourite episode of mine...

What? I love those eps - especially Gambit!

... I probably won't weave Jarriere into my fiction..

That's fair - he's deeply annoying, and exists only so that Servalan can explain the plot to the viewers.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Endless Midnight
Travisina wrote:

thewayback7 wrote:

Thanks.

There's Major Thania in Trial - did she survive?

She won't have survived that episode, as everyone attending the trial is killed in the attack by the Liberator, bar Travis, who only manages to escape quickly before it is pressurised, and he says "They'll all be dead in there now", or words to that effect. Basically, the court room is itself destroyed, it seems.

Although she could be in a story from between Pressure Point and Trial.

thewayback7
Endless Midnight wrote:

She won't have survived that episode, as everyone attending the trial is killed in the attack by the Liberator, bar Travis...

Although she could be in a story from between Pressure Point and Trial.

Thanks for pointing that out, I overlooked that detail. My story is set some time after Pressure Point (maybe 1-3 months later), which probably makes it a post-Trial story. Tharnia would have made a good investigator for my story, but alas it seems she's dead.

Psychostrategist
There's Toise in Gambit, which is post-Trial and a series 2 episode. He's the poofy haired couch potato with Servalan. He's apparently also John Leeson, voice of Dr Who's K-9. I don't remember if they killed him off. I don't have recollection of it if they killed him, but there's usually a stack of minor character bodies at the end like others have said. Still maybe he's not one of them and is available. I don't think his rank was mentioned. Could also maybe use any Mutoid who showed up later in the show and assume she used to be a Space Captain under Servalan until she made a mistake or knew too much.

Nevermind, that's Jarriere, already mentioned above.
Edited by Psychostrategist on 31 March 2018 02:39:19

Endless Midnight
He's not a commander but there is the character from Space Command who appears in Seek-Locate-Destroy, Rai, who is established as being an old friend, or at least acquaintance, of Servalan's. Would need to check to be certain of exactly how they put it, but dialogue between them certainly establishes that they've known each other for a while.

thewayback7
Endless Midnight wrote:

He's not a commander but there is the character from Space Command who appears in Seek-Locate-Destroy, Rai, who is established as being an old friend...

Good thinking. The impression is that Rai is being elbowed aside to make way for Travis. So, it would be natural for Rai to reappear at the demise of Travis, to bookend that chapter. Thanks.

thewayback7
Psychostrategist wrote:

Could also maybe use any Mutoid who showed up later in the show and assume she used to be a Space Captain under Servalan until she made a mistake or knew too much.

That's an interesting possibility I didn't think of. I am trying to augment my story with some re-jigged B7 pictures, hence my desire to find an existing character to use as a replacement space commander. That makes it hard to backtrack from a mutoid to a space commander, although not impossible with photoshoppery. Thanks.

Yes, Gambit and The Keeper are untouchable episodes for me. I shan't be weaving any characters from them into my fan fiction.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.41 seconds
16,786,290 unique visits since 8th January 2014