Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 1
MockingbirdGirl

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Doctor Who 2014 season
Spaceship Dispatcher
This is the thread for discussing all things in the future of Doctor Who! New characters and cast members, upcoming series and specials, the direction of Steven Moffat's latest story arc (whatever that might turn out to be), and so on. We used to have a seperate thread for each season or special, but a combined thread is easier to refer back to...

While I ask that no plot spoilers be posted if you happen to come across any, obviously any news about new episodes will tell you something you didn't already know about them - that's why its called 'news' - so it can't be a completely 'spoiler free' thread. However, there is a seperate discussion thread about the show that only covers episodes already broadcast...

Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 09 April 2014 17:12:21
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Two items of recent news:

# Filming is now underway on series 34 for broadcast later this year, starring Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman.
# Both s34 and s35 (due in 2015) will be broadcast in consecutive weeks, with no more split seasons.

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Klenotka
Wait, we have to start all threads again? Grin Nooo, I should have saved all my classic Doctor reviews Grin

Anyway...it is very exciting time to be a fan of DW. Filming started, first photos are out (but the costume was not revealed yet) and I think I have never been that excited about NuWho (and I have been a fan since almost the beginning).

Moffat promises a new direction and also describes the relationship between Twelve and Clara as very different. He mentioned 4/9 Doctors as the inspiration so it sounds very promising Smile

Still, wait until August/September will be difficult Sad I hope we get at least some teaser or trailer and some official episode photos in following months.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Klenotka wrote:

Moffat promises a new direction and also describes the relationship between Twelve and Clara as very different...

Hopefully we'll not see any romance implied between the Doctor and the companion next year. Leave the Twilight market alone and go back to the kind of Tardis relationships we had in the classic series. The romance between the 10th Doctor and Rose was okay for me, and I could believe that a certain incarnation of the Doctor and a certain companion might one day have feelings for each other. But as a regular part of the series' formula it doesn't really work for me.

Klenotka
He says the new Doctor will be fiercer, madder and less reliable. Only he knows what that means but I hope the romance will be left out. At least the one between Doctor and companion. It should have never been there. I am fine with a companion finding herself a love interest (for one episode, leaving with him in another), even Doctor´s flirting here and there. The old Doctors actually did it as well but it was a personality trade - the were more show offs than romantics - and it was very subtle and in hands of the actors. I hope Moffat will stop forcing it into the script and leaves it up to the actors. Peter Capaldi is very natural and charming so there is no need to write him this stuff.

Angry Angel
I'm hoping that Peter Capaldi, both with his age and the fact that he's a long-term fan, will be able to bridge the gap between the old and new series a bit. Also, he should have a bit more clout to be able to say if a bit of writing is nonsense, or doesn't suit his character - hopefully keep some of Moffatt's excesses in check.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Klenotka
He has writing and directing experience so I think he can say when something doesn´t seem OK. But I don´t know how much freedom actors actually have in these things. DW seem to work on some level of freedom and the character is built by the actor and the showrunner. Unfortunately, Matt Smith´s idea of a confused kitten on drugs obviously worked too well for Moffat and he took it a little too far...

Gauda Cheese
All I hope for is for is that Capaldi won't be another Doctor waving his screwdriver about to do EVERYTHING!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Gauda Cheese wrote:

All I hope for is for is that Capaldi won't be another Doctor waving his screwdriver about to do EVERYTHING!

All the new series Doctors (except the War Doctor) have waved the sonic at nearly everything, right the back to Chris Eccleston in the 2005 episodes, so I don't expect that to change any time soon. I'm not sure why there has been so much attention given to Matt Smith episodes featuring the device as it was equally over-used in the RDT era...

Klenotka
Night filming in Cardiff. I know this is terribly premature but he just looks so right! Grin And there are spoilers about episode 1...in case you want to stay completely spoiler free Wink

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/doctor-who-peter-capaldi-gallops-6505733

BradPaula
So, the big issues lately in DW seem to be Capaldi's costume and should River Song return. I get the impression Capaldi is leaning towards a more William Hartnell type Doctor, even quoting a line from the first Doctor himself when asked specifically about his costume. Then there is the issue of River Song. I've heard that the Moff has toyed with bringing her back to battle with Peter Capaldi's Doctor. I'm all for that. Any opinions? -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Madeleine
I first saw Peter Capaldi as John Frobisher in Children of Earth and liked him immensely from the very start. It was marvellous news for me that he had been selected to be the next Doctor, as I never got to like Matt Smith very much. And I do hope that romance would be out of the question this coming season.
Never cruel or cowardly. Never give up, never give in.

Klenotka
That Hartnell line came from a fake twitter account.
I would like him to be very much his own character with a hint of Third/Fourth Doctor.
I am rewatching The Thick of It and boy, is he good or is he good? Grin I mean, I know a lots of people have never heard of it and go watch it on youtube where are bits of Malcolm Tucker swearing. But it is not only a great show - it is political satire that really....hurts (how can these people work in any government?).
The funny thing is, that as much Malcolm can be a manipulative bastard, he is, ironically, the most honest person in there. He says what he thinks, doesn´t care what people think about him and he is just there, between the bunch of hypocrites, telling them they ARE hypocrites...

But the best part about it is the authority he put in that role. If Peter brings some of it into the Doctor, I can really see the Daleks backing up, saying "Excuse" instead of "Exterminate" Grin There was a scene, where he said "I will be back in two minutes" into the face of a minister and her advisers and they were just scared to death by that statement Grin

I love how different he can be in each role.
Even if Moffat keeps running the show, I think there are some promising hints about it. He brought back some RTD writers (who wrote some good stuff), and it really seems he closed the door behind the Eleven storylines.
I don´t mind the return some of Eleven´s characters (as long as it won´t be Eleven himself or Amy Grin ). The Victorian trio (Vestra, Jenny and Strax) seem to be there to help with the transition in the first episode of Season 8 but I wouldn´t mind a return of River as well.
I liked her, even with that complicated, plot holes filled story arc. Alex Kingston is great but I always cringed when she kissed Matt (not because he was younger - they actually had a nice chemistry - but because he was just creepy Grin ). She and Peter would be, I think, great together. But just for one stand-alone story. Can you imagine the verbal exchanges these two could achieve? If written properly, of course...

BradPaula
Thanks Klenotka, I only saw it the other day and did wonder. It's going to be an interesting couple of months speculating on these issues. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Klenotka
Twelve´s costume...I love it. It is absolutely perfect!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a546910/peter-capaldi-doctor-who-outfit-first-picture-100-percent-rebel-time-lord.html

Spaceship Dispatcher
Klenotka wrote:

Yes indeed. It reminds me a lot of Jon Pertwee's costume...

Travisina
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Klenotka wrote:

Yes indeed. It reminds me a lot of Jon Pertwee's costume...

Yes, that's exactly what I thought. Looking good! Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

President Solvite
Yes, a more serious costume perhaps for a more serious Doctor.. Think its about time.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
littlesue
Angry Angel wrote:

I'm hoping that Peter Capaldi, both with his age and the fact that he's a long-term fan, will be able to bridge the gap between the old and new series a bit. Also, he should have a bit more clout to be able to say if a bit of writing is nonsense, or doesn't suit his character - hopefully keep some of Moffatt's excesses in check.

My thoughts exactly.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Klenotka
Did you guys watch the video from filming that appeared on youtube? The one with "the hug"? I have to admit, I loved it. Jenna and Peter seem such a great match, and Clara really grew on me as a companion in the last two specials. Maybe if she was Eleven´s first companion instead of Amy (I couldn´t stand her but I guess most people know that Grin ) I would have liked Smith more (this way, he is my least favourite and I am afraid with more Doctors coming, he will keep falling...).

Twelve will be definitely less "cuddly boyfriend" and to see that costume *move* was great. It seems that PC will have hands in pockets which highlights the red lining inside the coat.

I guess Clara will actually be more "Twelve´s companion" than she Eleven´s.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
9,931,343 unique visits since 8th January 2014