Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,059
· Newest Rebel: Johnrcamm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [32 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
16% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
7% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 134
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Complete Series 1 - 4 DVD Box Set to be released in UK on 12 March
Endless Midnight
20 Discs. It's been announced by BBC Worldwide, and here's a link to its Amazon listing for evidence.

https://www.amazo...B079VSH2SS

Press release:

BBC Worldwide to release special Blakeís 7 Complete Collection DVD to celebrate itís 40th anniversary year

Today, BBC Worldwide has announced that the complete collection of this classic BBC sci-fi adventure will be released on DVD on the 12th March and is available to pre-order now from amazon.co.uk.

Produced by Terry Nation, creator of the Daleks from Doctor Who, the cult sci-fi series was first broadcast on the BBC in January 1978 and ran for four, 13-episode series until 1981. The programme follows the adventures of a small group of rebels, led by Blake (Gareth Thomas), as they fight against the totalarian Terran Federation who control Earth.

Jan Chappell, who starred as Cally, says: "I am so happy that BBC Worldwide are re- releasing the DVD Boxset to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Blakeís 7 because the fans of the programme have been amongst the most dedicated. Hurrah BBC!"

The group also includes career criminal Vila (Michael Keating), alien guerrilla fighter Cally (Jan Chappell), strong-man Gan (David Jackson), pilot Jenna (Sally Knyvette), computer expert Avon (Paul Darrow) alongside the voice of their ship, the Liberatorís onboard computer, Zen (Peter Tuddenham) completing the original group of seven.

The new release includes a wealth of bonus content:

SERIES 1 - 2 x outtakes, Missing Scene, 1 x Robot, 2 x Flat Feet and a Blooper, Blue Peter Feature, Trailer for S2, 3 x audio comms , Character intros & Episode synopses.

SERIES 2 Ė Multi Coloured Swapshop, Jude Hudson's costume Collection, Mat's Models, Introducing Orace, The Mutoids, Ballad of Travis II, Saturday Superstore, Scene Today, Trailer for S3, 3 x audio comms, Small World & episode synopses.

SERIES 3 - Stuart's Stunts, Sheelagh's make up memories, Introducing Tarrant, Introducing Dayna, Trailer for S4, S3 Clean Titles, Blake's Bloops, Nationwide 1979, Casting Tarrant, 3 x audio comms.

SERIES 4 - Introducing Soolin, Introducing Slave, Blake's Bloops, Liz Parker on Pubble Mill, Blue Peter 1983, Ken Ledsham's B7 Designs, Special Sounds, Forever Avon, S4 Clean Titles, S4 studio recordings, Terry Nations on Series 4 & 2 x audio comms.

Blakeís 7: The Complete Collection will be released DVD from Monday 12th March.

Seems to be just a repackaging of all the material already released, but still, it's obviously of some relevance to the forum and may be of interest to some as well.

(Mod edited by JustBrad to make link clickable)
Edited by JustBrad on 21 February 2018 19:24:55

daro2096
It looks just like the Dutch release. But at £66 I think it is way over priced.

John Johnson
If that's the case, then I'll stick with the Australian releases.

littlesue
I like the way it says lots of new stuff.....it's already on the original DVDs, so it's not new!!!
I'd like to see how the DVDs are actually packaged. I'm okay with the original ones as they are easy to get out of the case, but I had a great deal of trouble with my Adam Adamant ones; I actually snapped one trying to get it off the spindle. And even my Persuaders DVDs are difficult to get out!
Now, if the DVDs had been remastered...well that's a different matter.....
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

daro2096
I hear you Sue. The Dutch B7 release spindles were bad, almost was afraid to remove the discs virtually having to bend the discs to get them out.

MLPasterisk
It looks like this is a just a repackage of the previous discs released by Fabulous Films.

Very disappointing. A missed opportunity to do a definitive box set for the 40th anniversary. Remastered episodes and new bonus content (including the "making of" documentaries that had to be left off last time.)

I suspect this will end up being discounted in supermarkets in the not too distant future.

I gather from those who've seen it that the picture quality is superior on the Dutch release but the commentary tracks are not included.

winnie-l
MLPasterisk wrote:I suspect this will end up being discounted in supermarkets in the not too distant future.
Hey, if v cheap, BUY LOTS TO GIVE AWAY TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW.... or cache away as Birthday/Easter/Christmas gifts for them??

daro2096
MLPasterisk wrote:

It looks like this is a just a repackage of the previous discs released by Fabulous Films.

Very disappointing. A missed opportunity to do a definitive box set for the 40th anniversary. Remastered episodes and new bonus content (including the "making of" documentaries that had to be left off last time.)

I suspect this will end up being discounted in supermarkets in the not too distant future.

I gather from those who've seen it that the picture quality is superior on the Dutch release but the commentary tracks are not included.

The 1st season episodes look a whole lot better.

Joe Dredd
Did you spot the recreated logo has an apostrophe in it?

Burn the heretics!

daro2096
Joe Dredd wrote:

Burn the heretics!

Technically the original logo had the apostrophe too. Look at the shadow cast on the side of the E from the S.

thewayback7
Here's a little radio interview with Jan and Stephen to coincide with the new release (skip to 01:31:30):

https://www.bbc.c...s/p05yw5d3

MLPasterisk
Joe Dredd wrote:

Burn the heretics!

I didn't until someone pointed it out and now I can't unsee it. Sad

The gap between the E and the S is just wrong. Angry

digitalOrac
as a new member of this site I would like to say hi
Plus as a person who had the older 4 sets of b7 and have enjoyed seeing seasons 1 and 2 so far but as a fan of another BBC Sci-Fi ( Doctor Who ) and have every DVD & Blue ray released in the UK and some from USA too so my time as been limited for me to finish B7 yet.
BUT while looking any doctor Who that I may not have, I came across with the pre-order set of B7 and I had order it even if the BBC has not re-mastered them yet...
I have had them for few days now and I found inside the box with two folders that have seasons 1 & 2 in one and 3 & 4 in the other. I re-watched up to 6 now and it's nice to see again and I hope to carry on to see all in time.
Yes I am at the age to say I saw it broadcasted back in 1978 at around 6 pm which was early for some of the stories but that was the same for Doctor Who ..
The new set has extras at end of each season so we have four discs with extra's which yet to see if same as last release sets ...
The art work is very nice in greenish with planets and stars with B7 logo on face and on the back the Ship Liberator and inside is two folders that are greenish too with clear dvd holders and note inside with names etc. the folder have B7 logo on the face but just space images on back .
I would like the BBC have put names of each story plus the number on each dvd.
This is going to be much more easier for people to keep up with watching them as they all in one box not four different like other sets release years ago....
Edited by digitalOrac on 15 March 2018 21:32:12

daro2096
I think if they had improved the colour on series 1 episodes and made some new commentaries like a commentary on Cgynus Alpha with Brian Blessed I might have been interested.

cakeinmilk
I thought I read about Jan Chappell recording some new bits for this DVD set? Is it identical to the Dutch(?) one I already have?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.65 seconds
16,631,861 unique visits since 8th January 2014