Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,042
· Newest Rebel: Sirius Fox

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [29 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [21 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 127
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Unreleased DVD documentaries
GaudaP
I am new to the group and I am wondering does anyone know why the DVD releases do not include the making of documentaries which Kevin Davies recorded for series 1 - 3? I have been able to find them on you tube. Why go to the trouble of making them and not release them!? Surely it was not copyright issues as all the surviving cast members participated in the publicity events which took place in 04 and 05 at the time of their release. A Federation blunder to be sure!Sad

Joe Dredd
B7 Enterprises ("B7E") had acquired the rights to B7 at the time and blocked the inclusion of the documentaries. They did not think it showed the series in the best possible light, or at least in a way that would be positive for their own attempts under the "brand".

They were completely wrong, of course.

winnie-l
Scorpio Attack! Issue 3 included an interview with Kevin J. Davies who made the 3 parts we have today of "Making of Blake's 7". On a fan site, in a review of "Scorpio Attack! Issue 3":
There's been unhappiness that Kevin J Davies' B7 documentary did not make it onto the release B7 DVDs, so at least reading about it in the Scorpio Attack! article is both interesting & thought-provoking. He admits his documentary could be described as irreverently hilarious, which "wouldn't necessarily be conducive to someone trying to raise funds to make a new, grittier version of the series" (hence, B7E objected to it). It might have pleased some fans, but not others who want a documentary exploring the best points of B7 - the way it excels (as fans know) over other shows, .. even to the amazement of the actors... Kevin Davies also says in looking at the first 3 parts he did, he would re-do much of it differently now (presumably now that he seems more experienced & has a different perspective on Blake's 7).
Also why Paul Darrow is not in them is explained in the Scorpio Attack! Issue 3 Kevin Davies interview: "Paul Darrow was then part of the B7E project, and was asked" (by B7E people) "not to take part in what I was doing..." So it was not Paul Darrow's choice, really, except that he was part of B7E; his association with B7E fell apart when B7E tried for a re-imagining (SIGH) of B7, vs continuation according to Terry Nation's wishes.

GaudaP
Thank you for your replies and it is clearer to me now why the documentaries were not included. However I don't like the fact that someone at the time decided on our - the fans/those who bought the dvd's - behalf that it may put the series in an unflattering light. Surely that is for the individual to decide!? As for any return/continuation of the show whoever hold the rights had better get a move on if they want Paul Darrow, Michael Keating etc to be involved because they are not getting any younger. The Big Finish audios are a good thing, but it's not the same as seeing the show returning to our screens. 'Have you betrayed us? Have you betrayed me!?'

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.33 seconds
14,688,989 unique visits since 8th January 2014