Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,015
· Newest Rebel: Buchhalter

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [25 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [17 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [19 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [19 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 119
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Liberator Corridors
thewayback7
I've started writing my first fan-fiction story, and all the details I took for granted I now have to think about...

One of them is the two corridors leading off from the flight deck, and where does each one go?

In particular, I was wondering which corridors to use for going to (1) Cally's quarters and (2) the medical unit?

From memory, the corridor on the left of screen (on the flight deck) leads to the teleport area, whereas the corridor on the right of screen seems to be used more generally.

Does this sound right?

And does the corridor on the left of screen only go to the teleport, or does it also go to the rest of the ship?

Thanks

BradPaula
I always assumed the left corridor went to the teleport section as you would often see one or many of the crew rushing to teleport someone off the surface of a planet. As for the corridor with the stairs on the Flight Deck- perhaps it is crew cabins? I am assuming that there is a rabbit warren of corridors which crisscross the ship as you often see intersections like in Time Squad where Jenna is roaming the corridors. I think any way you write it, you would be correct.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

daro2096
Well according to one episode the left corridor of the flight deck leads to a guest cabin. Think that was in Project Avalon. Or was that clever editing post production?

It doesn't lead directly to the teleport bay. In Volcano it takes a while for the troopers to reach the flight deck. It could be argued they didn't have local knowledge.

Don't know if the flight deck and teleport bay sets were set up in the studio at the same time though.

daro2096
Horizon Technical Manual has a deck plan which I think is based on 3rd series at least for cabins as seen in Power Play, Harvest of Kairos, Sarcophagus and Ultraworld.

thewayback7
daro2096 wrote:

Well according to one episode the left corridor of the flight deck leads to a guest cabin. Think that was in Project Avalon. Or was that clever editing post production?

Thanks. You're right. In Project Avalon they run to Avalon's cabin through the left corridor and then take a right turn:

https://youtu.be/..._s?t=43m8s

They turn right and run straight into the cabin.
Edited by thewayback7 on 14 February 2018 11:07:34

thewayback7
daro2096 wrote:

Horizon Technical Manual has a deck plan which I think is based on 3rd series at least for cabins as seen in Power Play, Harvest of Kairos, Sarcophagus and Ultraworld.

Thanks. I have the Horizon Technical Manual but it's buried in some boxes so I can't find it easily.

Powerplay shows Dayna being dragged through the left corridor (she was hiding in a cabin). So, one of my questions is answered i.e. the left corridor also goes to the rest of the ship:

https://youtu.be/...Q?t=32m46s

I will rewatch all the episodes mentioned here, for any further clues e.g. the location of the medical unit.

thewayback7
BradPaula wrote:

I am assuming that there is a rabbit warren of corridors which crisscross the ship as you often see intersections like in Time Squad where Jenna is roaming the corridors. I think any way you write it, you would be correct.

Thanks. It's beginning to look that way, both corridors seem to have easy access to the whole ship.

thewayback7
daro2096 wrote:

It doesn't lead directly to the teleport bay. In Volcano it takes a while for the troopers to reach the flight deck. It could be argued they didn't have local knowledge.

I just watched Volcano. No big clues from the troopers, but it does take them a while. Interestingly, Tarrant & Co return from the teleport bay via the right corridor! Oops:

https://youtu.be/...I?t=48m35s

trevor travis
thewayback7 wrote:

daro2096 wrote:

I just watched Volcano. No big clues from the troopers, but it does take them a while. Interestingly, Tarrant & Co return from the teleport bay via the right corridor! Oops:

https://youtu.be/...I?t=48m35s

Tarrant got lost Grin Grin Grin

daro2096
Well to be fair Tarrant was new to the ship and didn't know the quickest way to and from.

thewayback7
In Sarcophagus, Avon & Cally walk from Cally's quarters to the flight deck via the left corridor, which answers another of my questions:

https://youtu.be/...Dc?t=7m56s

(But then later they all come from Cally's quarter via the right corridor, just to be confusing)

In Harvest of Kairos they use the right corridor to come from the teleport, so maybe that's a series 3 thing.

My only question left is the location of the medical unit.

thewayback7
In Breakdown, Cally comes breathlessly through the left corridor from the surgical unit:

https://youtu.be/...Q?t=24m31s

thewayback7
in Voice from the Past, access to the meditation room is consistently through the left corridor.

daro2096
I don't think we should look too closely into this.

thewayback7
daro2096 wrote:

I don't think we should look too closely into this.

I think you're right. Looking for consistency in the show might be asking too much. I've got enough info now to finish my story without making any big factual blunders, which was the point. Cheers.

daro2096
The inconsistencies is probably due more to lack of studio space for sets. 3rd series cabin was used over and over just redressed. 1st season non flight deck and teleport was just the same set used over and over again. Due to the tiny budget.

thewayback7
I used to be interested in how Blake's 7 was made, but lately I tend to close my eyes and cover my ears, when that topic comes up, because the show loses some magic with every little piece of behind-the-scenes trivia that I learn.

For me, first and foremost, it was my childhood fantasy show. As a kid, it was very real to me. And that's what I still like about it, and that's why I've started writing fiction, because I can get lost in those characters again. I think you were right about "not looking too closely" at it.

daro2096
I feel the same way about it as you thewayback7. That is why I have never gone to a convention. Meeting the actor behind the character spoils the illusion.

Did meet Colin Baker at the Newcastle Theatre Royal when he toured with The Ultimate Adventure back in 1989. Signed a poster at the side door. He was in costume still. Nice man.

thewayback7
Yep, it's easy to spoil the illusion by overdoing things. I'm in Australia, so I've never met any of the actors or done conventions. Mind you, I would go see Jan recite the phone book, if I could.

daro2096
Probably scared that if I get to know an actor it would spoil things. I mean for example if Peter Davison somehow became my flat mate and it turned out I couldn't stand the man that he was completely a 1000 miles away from the character of the Doctor he played. Wouldn't be able to see those episodes again in the same light.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.36 seconds
13,196,397 unique visits since 8th January 2014