Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,028
· Newest Rebel: captrooper

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [28 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
15% [19 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 124
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Original Liberator Hand Gun Prop
GaryWales
Back in 1990, I purchased a Liberator Hand Gun prop at the Bonhams auction of BBC paraphernalia. There was only one hand gun but there was also a Scorpio gun and a series one bracelet.

I've had it safely stored for many years (of course!) and it still works (lights up) when batteries are put in the grey screw-secured case. I can't determine who wore/used it as there is nothing written on the belt or leather.

I have the auction book and auction card number as provenance and I paid 850 (with auction commission) at the time which I think was quite steep - but I *really* wanted it.

I can't see that original props have gone up in value that much - unlike, say, Star Trek props etc. so what would you think the value would be in the market, apart from 'priceless'. Only asking - not interested in selling and this would seem to be a good place to ask.
Edited by GaryWales on 17 January 2018 17:25:26

daro2096
Pictures?

Value is whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it.

You could list on ebay with a huge reserve just to found out how much someone would be willing to pay otherwise we would all be guessing.

exterminator
Hi Gary Wales! I collect original Blake's 7 props and costumes. Prices not gone up? I think you'll be mildly surprised! Wink

If you were thinking of selling it today, you could quite happily add a "zero" to your purchase price. Jenna's gun (her name was written on the leather) was sold a year or so ago for a five figure sum, so I would imagine this would be around the same sort of price. Would love to see some photos!

Right, I'm starting work on that time machine, so I can outbid you by a tenner! Grin
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"

rojkerr1
I've been offered much much more than I originally paid for my 3 original B7 costumes, my Dr Who props and artworks have similarly doubled, tripled, quadrupled in value, according to offers I've had!
Just depends on what people are willing to pay

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.41 seconds
14,123,086 unique visits since 8th January 2014