Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 16

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,026
· Newest Rebel: The Preacher711

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [28 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [17 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
15% [19 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 123
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
People who hate B7
Psychostrategist
Snapdragon wrote:

Yes I am afraid they do exist. I am sitting in the staffroom at work with a bunch of heathens who think it is r... r...ru...rub... no I can't even say it! What can I do? Apart from stoutly defending it of course.

These people are scum and will be swept aside in the new order. Take comfort in that.

B7 is harder to get into than some sci-fi because it's dark, it's brooding, it's not got clearly defined Good, though it does quite a fine job of delineating Evil.

I define a real scifi fan as someone who likes scifi even if the budget is crap and the special effects terrible. To me the story is what's most important, the writing and the actors and the job they do delivering the scriptwriter's work. Blake's 7 had compelling characters, gritty realism of a sort, and an excellent musical score, and neat costumes. However it was campy, low budget special effects, and today's audiences have come to expect high budget special effects as a replacement for the quality writing and acting they don't get.

As I said these people will be crushed under heel to pave the way for those witht he sense to be able to perceive quality.

BradPaula
I've usually had no problems with people who either didn't know of, or hated Blake's 7. I did have have one guy diss me in my Blake's 7 t-shirt as a con once. He got all holier than thou and said that Blake's 7 "was years ago", as if that meant anything. Seeing how, at the time we were at a Doctor Who convention and the new series was only a twinkle in RTD's eye, I spouted, "And so is Doctor Who- " which shut him up. I usually don't go for trouble between fandoms but I will defend mine to the last. I think my favorite con memory was of a fellow fan who saw my Vila t-shirt and came up to me and said 'Vila weighs 73 kilos' and went on his way. I guess it was a kind of secret handshake between B7 fans! But on the whole, I've had very positive responses to my fandom and we try and hold out the olive branch to Who fans and others of that ilk and try always to show our willingness to tolerate other fandoms and spread the word about our little Rebel band.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Tyce
People hate B7? Sacrilege! Teleport them to Cygnus Alpha!!

Joe Dredd
i.imgur.com/L7KVZo4.jpg

clanger68
Blake's Haters!

Ooh, it is enough to make you go all CHEL!

"It begins. Hunt them down. Destroy the strangers. Hunt them down and kill them. Kill them! KILL THEM!"

Pfft
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
trevor travis
clanger68 wrote:

Blake's Haters!

Ooh, it is enough to make you go all CHEL!

"It begins. Hunt them down. Destroy the strangers. Hunt them down and kill them. Kill them! KILL THEM!"

Pfft

Do you think someone gave Sarran a really bad rating in the Space Tourist Guide, and visiting numbers have fallen through the floor? Chel must be in a bad mood for some reason.

briggsy1
I've heard it said that B7 is like Marmite - you either love it or hate it.

rojkerr1
I made a sceptical friend of mine sit down and showed him The Way Back and Blake. he had to fill in the rest himself! (and he did)

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.29 seconds
14,063,165 unique visits since 8th January 2014