Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 3
meegat39, exterminator, thewayback7

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
H2G2
Sopron
I've never opened a thread before, so I hope I get this right;

Just to let UK rebels know that the original, the best, the ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy will FINALLY get an outing on Radio4Extra's 7th Dimension slot starting on Saturday, 8th March. I can remember accidentally listening to this first episode many centuries ago and honestly think that it has never been bettered (all kudos to the TV attempt a few years later and, please, don't mention the 2005 film {shudder}). I know that there are CD/tape/vinyl copies in many fan's homes but I thought I'd bring the radio version to wider attention.

So, bring your towels, hoopy froods, and enjoy!

Smile

Travisina
Sopron wrote:

I've never opened a thread before, so I hope I get this right;

Just to let UK rebels know that the original, the best, the ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy will FINALLY get an outing on Radio4Extra's 7th Dimension slot starting on Saturday, 8th March. I can remember accidentally listening to this first episode many centuries ago and honestly think that it has never been bettered (all kudos to the TV attempt a few years later and, please, don't mention the 2005 film {shudder}). I know that there are CD/tape/vinyl copies in many fan's homes but I thought I'd bring the radio version to wider attention.

So, bring your towels, hoopy froods, and enjoy!

Smile

That's brilliant news - I agree about the radio version being the best! I know where my towel is, and will get in a supply of pan galactic gargle blasters Cool
You can listen live and then online afterwards here: http://www.bbc.co...s/b007jlzj

Huge thanks, Sopron, for letting us know!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Lurena
This sounds great! We are with three huge fans here. (me, my daughter and her boyfriend) But will anyone record this? I seem to be unable to use the site of your link.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Grade Four Ignorant
It should also be mentioned that an updated edition of the Infocom game will be available for download soon, too, aimed at the smartphone and tablet market.

I love all iterations of the story. So much so my Kindle cover bears the large, friendly letters of DON'T PANIC!

Sopron
Of course, the books are fabulous as well (I can't comment on the games as I'm not a gamer) but I will never lose the images that the Primary Phase conjured up in my head and I was blown away by the TV Marvin being so close to my personal image of him.* The rest of the TV version suffered from the constraints of a BBC budget and the FX available at the time...

Hmm, where have I heard that before...?

*Probably the most lovable and infuriating android ever written. Opinions?

Sorry, Lurena, I won't be recording it. I'll leave that to someone who's technically competent. We rocks can reflect stuff but we don't achieve much Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Enjoyed the novels, the radio series and the tv series - but thought the film was awful Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Joe Dredd
I was very pleased when Orac mentioned he had "a brain the size of a planet" in the Mythmaker's Peter Tuddenham interview.

Travisina
Sopron wrote:

Of course, the books are fabulous as well (I can't comment on the games as I'm not a gamer) but I will never lose the images that the Primary Phase conjured up in my head and I was blown away by the TV Marvin being so close to my personal image of him.* The rest of the TV version suffered from the constraints of a BBC budget and the FX available at the time...

The pictures were definitely much better in my head when I was listening to and reading H2G2, than they were on the screen. Zaphod's second head was particularly disappointing. However, the TV series did have a certain charm - it helped that most of the characters were played by the original radio cast, so at least the voices and performances were the same, and some things were done well (eg the Dish of the Day).

Probably the most lovable and infuriating android ever written. Opinions?

He certainly has the most quotable lines and catchphrases! I used to have a sticker on my calculator that said 'I have a terrible pain in my diodes all down my left side'.
Marvin follows a tradition of hilariously miserable characters, which also include Eeyore and Tony Hancock. Why do we find them so entertaining? What does that say about us...?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

meegat39
Travisina wrote:

Sopron wrote:

The pictures were definitely much better in my head when I was listening to and reading H2G2, than they were on the screen. Zaphod's second head was particularly disappointing. However, the TV series did have a certain charm - it helped that most of the characters were played by the original radio cast, so at least the voices and performances were the same, and some things were done well (eg the Dish of the Day).

Probably the most lovable and infuriating android ever written. Opinions?

He certainly has the most quotable lines and catchphrases! I used to have a sticker on my calculator that said 'I have a terrible pain in my diodes all down my left side'.
Marvin follows a tradition of hilariously miserable characters, which also include Eeyore and Tony Hancock. Why do we find them so entertaining? What does that say about us...?

Slave is cut in a slightly similar mold, I mean he's not miserable but he likes to put himself down a lot ...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.28 seconds
9,828,439 unique visits since 8th January 2014