Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,059
· Newest Rebel: Johnrcamm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [32 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
16% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
7% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 134
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
An interview
Drasko
Dear friends. Here is an interview wtih our dear Terry, whome I found so interesting , quite contrary to my old prejudices. He gave me a bit of his time and a lot more of joy with his work.

Does Terry Nation hate the Federation?
Oh, no, I do not hate anyone (laughing). I just feel free to express my beliefs in the scripts I make. The Federation is an embodyment of all destructive systems in this world, conveyed in a mask of unity or any kind of well organized structure for „everyone`s good“.
What about Servelan, I heard that there was a kind of special inspiration for the character?
I had a very good friend in Cardiff, ....Bryn Maddox. We played footbal together, we were good mates. Bryn had a sister Servelan, named after their grandmother Servylynn (an old Welsh name meaning the morning flower).
Every time I went to Bryn`s house, she would bring us some Welsh pies, beer…and in time (eyes sparkling) I felt some (until that moment) unknown feelings. I was confused, and it took me a while to realize that I was in love with Servelan.
But Servelan from the Blake`7 has nothing to do with “the morning flower”?
Not if you observe things so narrow-minded.
Oh, ok...I thought..
I don`t think you had any particular thought....however, Servelan went to Australia. She got married and has two children with some guy from Serbia. I saw her pictures and she seems happy.
Why did you start writing SF novels and scripts?
Have you ever been to Chile?
No
Neither have I, but I`ve always immagined that place, and I started practising immagination altogether and slowly it became fun. I used to immagine instruments that can produce a sort of teleportation, mind reading etc...it all became vital for my later work.
Does your creative work influence on your reality?
What is reality?
Well you know....
No I do not know, because we all create our own reality. That is how people intercept actors form the Blake`s 7 and treat them as the characters themselves....if a woman, getting back form the market happens to meet Gareth Thomas, she will adress him as „Blake“...never as Gareth.
Now when we mention Blake, who is he?
A perfect guy. Someone who is loved by the whole family, someone who is always being asked “when will you get married Blake?”But deep inside he needs his fantasy and freedom.
You know him so well?
It took time to understand how to create him. But there are numerous “Blakes” in my hometown. Wonderful people who were liked by all neighbours. He is not a revolutionary man, but a believer in a just and a fair life of all citizens.
And Avon would be someone who is quite opposite?
No, I think he is a Shakespearean character. A Hamlet-like person, he is profoundly divided. Vila, Gan…even Blake, are very simple and predictable characters, but not Avon.He is a man of solitude, of no friends…he could be even a part of spaghetti western, a solitary cowboy. James Dean, Clint Eastwood…those are “Avonish” actors. But Darrow is far better.
I must say, I did not see him that way.
Well it takes a bit of introspective intelligence to reach that notion.
Is there any ideological aspect in Blake`s 7?
I hope not. Because it is more like a tale, an everlasting story about freedom, good and bad.
Do you miss those days, the beginning of Blake`s7?
Every day I wake up, and have just one thought…to wash myself and have a good cup of coffe, breakfast. I try not to think about anything, but all the time it happens that I see things which associate me of everything we used to do in the very beginning.
Have you left your personal “Cygnus Alpha”?
Whoever gets to leave his own “Cygnus Alpha”, reaches his own “Liberator” that will take him wherever he needs to go.

briggsy1
So there was a real life Servalan. Interesting - I always wondered where T.Nation got the name from.

Joe Dredd
Thanks Drasko. If you don't mind me asking, how long ago is it from? And where did you meet up with Mr Nation?

littlesue
I am so envious...I would have loved to have met Mr N and have a chat with him.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Drasko
Thanks guys
But this is a fictional interview
That's why I have posted it in fan fiction sub forum
I hope you don't get angry with me
I wish I'd met Terry too

briggsy1
You mean there never was a Welsh Servalan after all? You had me fooled - is it April 1st? There's definitely a few psychopaths living in Wales though.

Drasko
briggsy1 wrote:

You mean there never was a Welsh Servalan after all? You had me fooled - is it April 1st? There's definitely a few psychopaths living in Wales though.

That's right briggsy
Just an imagination
Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.25 seconds
16,808,275 unique visits since 8th January 2014