Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,042
· Newest Rebel: Sirius Fox

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [29 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [21 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 127
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
latest Big finish stories.
steveothen
I've just completed crossfire part1, & its ok, but its more like a lib. chron. than the first 2 series of full cast audio, the way they spilt up the crew for separate stories makes me wonder why they bothered to re-cast dayna, i think Avon was only in 2 of them.
i prefer full-on, full-cast audio with everyone in each story.
I realise that Paul Darrows health has been up & down the last couple of years, could this have been why he's involved a bit less ?

BradPaula
I certainly sympathize with you, stoveothen, as I cannot quite pin point what is different or 'missing' from the stories in Crossfire Part 1- but there is something. It took a bit of time to get used to a new actress playing Dayna, not because she did not portray her as we know her, but because of the new voice to get used to. I can deal with it now, but at first- no way! Also, listening to the interviews, the actress said as a kid she was a huge Blake's 7 fan and a Dayna fan in particular and she considered Dayna a role model. That is always nice to hear.

As for Mr. Darrow, you are correct in your point that they seemed to use him less, but you have to realize that the writers and producers seem to be trying to give each actor their due, and whether it's working is up to the listener. I think, to be fair, I'll have to listen to the audios a few more times before I can figure out what is different, but yes, I'd love all 'full cast' audios instead of the way they did many of the Liberator Chronicles audios. Although- I may be in a minority in this opinion, but in my heart of hearts I'd rather have Big Finish and our actors cranking out discs even if they aren't full cast offerings. I keep thinking of losing Gareth and I realize our actors aren't getting any younger and we could well suffer another tragedy like that in the near future- you never know- so even with some 'thing' nagging at the back of my mind about the new discs- I am still happy that Big Finish has decided to go ahead with this new 3rd series and full speed ahead. (Although I do miss the audios with Sally as Jenna and of course I really miss Gareth as Blake. I really would have a hard time accepting someone else as the character of Blake- so I hope they never consider recasting the part)

And one more thing, I was wondering myself if the absence of Mr. Darrow in the latest set of discs could be down to the fact he had been writing a story for the new Blake's 7 Anthology, which has just come out. Until I hear differently, that is what I choose to believe. He is also supposed to be working on a new separate set of audios not relating to Blake's 7- so that may factor into the mix. Perhaps the 40th Anniversary offering from Big Finish, The Way Ahead, will be more to our liking? We can but hope!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

dragonq
Iím inclined to agree with you both. Iím not sorry to have the new episodes, but thereís something a bit lacking with these current releases. Yasmin Bannerman is ok as Dayna, but I think sheís still settling into the part (or perhaps I just have to get used to her performance).

To be honest, I think the main problem is the writing and direction not quite hitting the target. Or to use a different metaphor, itís a bit like a photocopy of a photocopy.

BradPaula
dragonq wrote:

Iím inclined to agree with you both. Iím not sorry to have the new episodes, but thereís something a bit lacking with these current releases. Yasmin Bannerman is ok as Dayna, but I think sheís still settling into the part (or perhaps I just have to get used to her performance).

To be honest, I think the main problem is the writing and direction not quite hitting the target. Or to use a different metaphor, itís a bit like a photocopy of a photocopy.

I think you hit the nail on the head, dragonq. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining as I have been one of the biggest supporters of Big Finish since they started with Liberator Chronicles #1- but there is something so second generation about it now. Perhaps it's just the new producer getting his feet wet- who knows? But I'll still support any and all discs in our genre.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.27 seconds
14,652,444 unique visits since 8th January 2014