Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,059
· Newest Rebel: Johnrcamm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [32 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
16% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
7% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 134
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
It was Forty Years Ago This Week...
littlesue
About this time, forty years ago, my friend, Julie popped round to my house with her Xmas Radio Times...
...I was reminded of this event as today, Julie and I met up for a our usual annual get together where we exchange pressies, have tea and cake and have a chat to catch up with each other's news.
"Do you realise that 40 years ago some time this week, you came round my house with the Radio Times?" said I tucking into my scone...
'What Radio Times?' she asked, all perplexed.
"That double issue Xmas one that you brought round to show me the new programme that was starting on Monday, 2nd Jan. You know that Terry Nation one and you had the double page spread with the cast on it.."
"I did? It was?"
"Yes, Blake's 7."
"Really? Blimey."
"And it's all your fault Julie, because 40 years later, here I am telling you about it."
"I can't remember..."
"And you took it back home after letting me look at it. But not to worry, I managed to get the relevant pages off Ebay."
"Phew!"
And here is that poster that started the whole thing!!!
But don't blame Julie.....

i.imgur.com/4wIiG4a.jpg
Edited by littlesue on 16 December 2017 07:21:19
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Heidi
littlesue wrote:
And here is that poster that started the whole thing!!!
But don't blame Julie.....

i.imgur.com/4wIiG4a.jpg

I love this story, that poster and your friend Julie!

Ellen York
Sue, that is so great that you and Julie have been friends for 40 years. And it is all her fault in the very best way Smile

BradPaula
Love it, Sue. It's always great to hear fans stories who were there at the very beginning.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

rojkerr1
lovely, and Blake was always looking a different way!

Travis8845
Nice article here: https://www.thegu...ks-a-punch

(Edited to make link clickable)
Edited by Travisina on 03 January 2018 15:13:26

Travisina

It's a great article, and I like that it mentioned Jonathan Helm - the chap behind the awesome 'Making Blakes7' twitter stream, which everybody should really, really have a look at!

I'm also amused by the the 5 pages (so far!) of below-the-line comments - there's even one that says:
"I used to work with a woman who ran the B7 fan club. Quite a strange lady but she kept the candle lit for the series even when it was ridiculed in the late 80s."

I wonder if he means our Supreme Commander? LOL Grin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

TwoGunBob
Wow, I don't think Blake's 7 popped up on my PBS radar until around 1987. It may have been 1986 but I seem to remember Degrassi Junior High coming on AFTER Blake's 7 for whatever sense that made. I mean it hit my demographic front and center because I was in junior high but whatever... I was just four years old when this came out.

Psychostrategist
I first saw Blake's 7 in the mid to late eighties on PBS in America too. My introduction to Briitish Sci-Fi before that was only huge helpings of Dr Who and possibly Day of The Triffids which didn't quite hit home with me. At first I thought Blake's 7 was not as enjoyable to me as then familiar Who-fare, but I soon came to realize that Blake's 7 was aimed not as squarely at a younger audience as some of the old Dr Who seemed to be. Now the Dr Who episodes are all aimed at kids in my opinion.

I was probably just starting high school when I first saw Blake's 7. It may be part out of ritual but I watch and rewatch it often. Sometimes I skip an episode here or there just for variety, so the next time I do a marathon rewatch I'll have a slightly different experience.

The murky morality of the show, most of the good guys really being former bad guys, as I looked at it then, the dark dystopian vibe of the ruling power structure, and the high body count gave it a very different feel from Dr Who. There are so many episodes that give me a fond feeling. It is at once relaxing and exciting to rewatch these episodes even for the umpteenth time.

If I'm still around in forty years I'll still watch Blake's 7 over whatever is being put out then. I love sci-fi TV but there seems to be a slim supply of truly high quality science fiction made for television and what there is, what I've already found, I covet and keep coming back to.

purplecleric
That's a delightful story, Sue - thanks for sharing it with us.

Dtar
"Psychostrategist" Has written Pretty much exactly my experience and thoughts as well.
Glad to be on this discussion board with kindred spirits!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.36 seconds
16,609,729 unique visits since 8th January 2014