Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Horizon Advent Calendar 2017
Ellen York
It is the 6th across the pond, so to put you in the holiday mood here is one of my favorite Christmas songs. In addition to being a favorite of mine, it also always reminds me of my mum. Johnny Mathis was her favorite singer and when I was a kid I bought her a cassette of his Christmas music as a gift (yes, I am dating myself here). But I didn't want to wait until Christmas to listen to it, so I opened it to play while I wrapped the other gifts and then wrapped it and put it under the tree. To this day I have no idea if when she opened it my mum didn't notice that the seal was broken or just didn't say anything about it. I still have the cassette (I "inherited" it when she got a CD version) and I play it every year.

https://www.youtu...6K9DQnMDlo

Happy holiday wishes to all!

Joe Dredd
Opening up the seventh door I find...

The B7 body parts game

Work out what the missing body parts are to complete each quote or title. An extra point for naming the episode the quotes come from.

To avoid any confusion, please note that despite his behaviour, Servalan's assistant in "Gambit" was Jarriere, not Derriere.

1. "He wants to make a necklace of his (-----)."
2. "Listen (-------), computers are yours, doors are mine. Right?"
3. The Way (----)
4. "There's an (----) manufacturing cartel that looks highly promising as a candidate for co-conspirator."
5. "Why the (----)? Why take your creator's (----)?"
6. "Avon's idea of diplomacy is like breaking someone's (---) then saying, 'Lean on me.'"
7. De(----)ance
8. "One day that great big bleeding (-----) of his will get us all killed."
9. "It's beginning to make my (-----) itch."
10. "Let's hope they've all got good (----)."
11. "Zen saw a capacity-charged (-----)."
12. "(------) but no (-----)."

We shall draw a veil over a certain S4 episode title that could be considered overly cheeky.

Joe Dredd
Santa also left us one of those new games everyone wants for Christmas behind door number seven. (They're big doors!)

i.imgur.com/tRQb30L.jpg

Joe Dredd
No longer can anyone say this is not something you do by numbers. Roll the dice and find out what to implant next!

(Please click the picture for a better view.)

i.imgur.com/wiyQ4GG.jpg

Anniew
On the eighth day of Christmas, this true fan sent a tale...

It was a dismal little hut but it had offered shelter from the elements and its back was to the prevailing wind. Josah had piled brushwood around its walls and roof and fashioned a sturdy door from hazel rods and vines so now it felt warm, even snug, inside.

Amarie lay on the bracken bed, the baby beside her suckling peacefully. There was a spring nearby, wood was plentiful, game could be trapped in the surrounding forest and roots, berries and fungi collected. Outside a stew pot hung over the fire, the smells emanating from it appetising. Yes, they had made it a good place. After months of wandering she at last felt safe.

And the birth had been blessed.

First the blinding flash of light in the sky as if a star had exploded just at the moment that she had cried out and in a rush, Jesius had entered the world. An auspicious sign.

Then the sudden appearance of the Hunter outside their hut. He had moved silently for such a big man and had startled them. Josah reached for a sharpened stave but she stayed his hand because she knew the man was not a threat. She saw how his breath hitched when he looked at the child and the tear that dropped from his ruined eye.

The Hunter had knelt before the baby, honouring his birth. He stroked Jesius’ face, who had sneezed and screwed his face fretfully at the contact. The Hunter chuckled, a rich, deep sound. He praised the child’s strong limbs and commanded Amarie to do justice to such a fine boy by raising him to love honesty above all things. After he had gone they found he had left them some meat he had trapped. Six fine conies. They had eaten well for several days.

Thirteen moons later, the three had appeared; a magic number. Two men and a girl. They were fugitives too but although they seemed wild and desperate they had asked respectfully for food and a place to rest and she had not feared them, not even the dark one. The rags of past violence still clung to him but he seemed bewildered, relying on his companions like a child and the girl explained that he no longer had a memory of who he was.

Josah had fed them and allowed them to sleep by the fire until morning and in exchange they gave the baby a gift: three little pyramids of metal which the smaller man prised from the coat of the man who had lost himself. He called them titanium and told Josah he was to sell them and that the money he got would be enough to feed and house the family for many sun cycles.

Most mysterious of all, before they left, the box the three carried with them suddenly lit up and spoke, urging them to hurry and promising them access to a ship which someone called Grant had waiting. Amarie asked it to prophesy the future for the child and, prompted by the girl, the Oracle had answered impatiently, + Oh, very well.+

It told her that if she wanted her child’s name to be remembered she should teach him to fight oppression where he found it. But she should warn him not to set tests of loyalty for his paranoid friends as the consequences could be regrettable. It snickered a little as it uttered the words and the small man told it, angrily, to shut up.

When Amarie was strong again, she, Josah and Jesius made their way to the nearest town, stopping on the way to sell the titanium. With the money they got for it they bought a small dwelling, away from the noise and bustle of town life but close enough to send Jesius to school.

Often, as she watched Jesius grow into a strong, just, young man unafraid to argue for the rights of the weak, even with the Elders, Amarie would remember the light, the Hunter and the three fugitives. And she pondered the words of the Oracle in her heart.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Joe Dredd
Now it's time to find out what's behind door no. 9...

Hopefully everyone has seen the brilliant Liberator flight deck renders by skororu. Well, he has kindly taken the time and trouble to give us this picture showing how the crew decorate the flight deck for Christmas.

Please click on the image so you can it in its full glory. You may need to click it again after that to see it full-sized. Even Zen is looking festive!

i.imgur.com/8mvjYZI.jpg

If you haven't seen skororu's flight deck renders before, his portfolio is here - click! - including some images of the teleport bay too!

Joe Dredd
You probably noticed the Christmas tree at the right hand side of the flight deck. So what does a B7 Christmas tree look like? Again, skororu has kindly provided us with the answer.

skororu has put heaps of work into this magnificent piece. Please click on it so you can see how fantastic it is. (Two clicks may be needed to bring it to full size.)

i.imgur.com/NgxZSFw.jpg

Huge thanks to skororu for these images. He has been working on them off and on for us since last year's Advent calendar. He has been exceedingly generous with his time and no change was too much trouble. I think the results look brilliant and I hope you do too.

Hugbot
Troll 7 strike again! (Click to enlarge.)
i.imgur.com/BsEfWHS.jpg

Joe Dredd
Time to look behind the 11th door...

Oh look! It's the answer to a theory!

Many fans have wondered at Soolin's absense during most of "Power". The most prominent theory, known widely as the "Professor Trevor Travis Soolin shower scenario" (AKA the "Soggy Oggy" hypothesis) suggests (hopes?) that she spent most of the episode bathing.

At last, new research published in the Big Pop-Up Book of Soolin lifts the curtain on just what was going on in the shower at Xenon base.

i.imgur.com/g5uVHhk.jpg

Click here for the video footage.

littlesue
Now, let’s see what’s behind Number 12…
…why, it’s a double helping!!!

The original picture of me and Mr D was taken back in 2012 at the Cult Event in the Old Cinema Museum.
After I had complained to daughter no. 2 that it wasn’t fair because she had lots of pictures with David Tennant and I didn’t have one with Mr D., she dragged me off to London and ambushed Mr D as he was walking down the corridor to do his talk.
“Can my Mum please have a picture taken with you?”
“Certainly…”
One very nervous photo a minute later and a voice growled from behind the camera, “SMILE!”
When Sarah growled, one normally did as one was told…so she took another photo.
I’m not too sure which pose this is, but she embellished this photo later for me as a Xmas Present and I’d like to share it with you...

i.imgur.com/Vh1sAdj.jpg

…And now for the second helping.
The second part of the November Ficlet challenge where we left Soolin on Freedom City, where she has been trying to find the man who may know where the Family Packs of Revels are being produced. Instead, she has encountered a very charming man who plays chess…rather well actually!
Again, Lurena has come up with a lovely piccie….

The Adventures of Soolin
Part 3…Continued
A Parting Gift

Soolin watched as Carnell proceeded to utterly defeat the poor wretch who had decided to take him on at Speed Chess. It was a consummate victory, but the loser had other ideas.
As Carnell walked away, totally unfazed by the man’s protests, Soolin saw his opponent pull a gun from his belt…seconds later the man’s gun was on the floor, and his hand was drenched in blood.
Carnell allowed himself a look of distain and then fixed his eyes on the blonde gunslinger.
“That was, if I may say, an exceptional display.”
“Do you get many bad losers?”
“Frequently. Oh they demand redress, but they are usually too drunk to carry out their threats. Would I be out of order if I were to ask if you were available for hire?”
“That depends on what you had in mind.”
Carnell smiled, “Quite. I fear that one day an opponent will wreak havoc and I shall never get off this place in one piece.”
“I’m all for one piece. But I have other commitments; otherwise I would take up that offer… I owe him.”
“Ah, I have a rival for your favours.”
“Not really…”
“So there is hope for me?”
“Possibly.”
“Would I be incorrect to say that these Family Packets of Revels somehow come into this equation?”
“They do…”
“I envy him; such beauty and such prowess with a gun…”
“And he knows not to cross me.”
“A gentleman after my own heart. Do I know him?”
“I doubt it…”
Tarrant suddenly appeared at the top of the stairs, “You’ve been having fun I see Soolin.”
“He deserved it. Have you got everything you need?”
“Absolutely,” Vila replied, one hand clutching a wad of credits, the other a bag of ingredients.
“What is that?” Soolin asked.
“I thought I’d show Dayna here that I still had the old magic when it comes to the gaming tables…this is your share.”
“We couldn’t stop him.” Dayna said.
“Ah, another beautiful young lady,” Carnell murmured, “And Vila Restal...”
All four stopped dead.
“You know about us?” Tarrant ventured.
“It was my business to know these things.”
“Business?” Tarrant queried.
“Indeed. I had occasion to study your friend and his colleagues once…and that didn’t exactly go to plan.” Carnell sighed, “Would I be correct in assuming that my rival is Kerr Avon?”
Soolin smiled, but the others looked worried.
“Forgive me, do not be alarmed, I am in the same predicament as yourselves; on the run from the Federation and a certain…lady. I could think of better places to be than on this appalling Freedom City.”
“Appalling?” Vila interjected, “Avon and I did our best work here…”
“That I can imagine…on second thoughts, no, I’d better not,” Carnell decided.
“Here,” Soolin said, handing Carnell her winnings, “Take it. I don’t need it.”
“A lovely lady with a generous heart,” Carnell concluded, but inside his heart was heavy with regret, “I really do envy him. My offer is still on the table, should you decide that offer is more appealing.”
“I shall consider it,” Soolin promised, knowing that both Tarrant and Vila were looking horrified.
Carnell took Soolin’s hand, and kissed it, “Farewell ladies… and gentlemen.”
Both Soolin and Dayna watched as Carnell walked off to face an indefinite future.
“What a charmer,” they both agreed.

i.imgur.com/OaYR9KD.jpg
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

meegat39
Ho ho ho!! Merry Christmas!! Here's a favourite Christmas song of mine...

https://www.youtu...FMyF9fDKzE

Aplogies, I've tried unsuccessfully to paste in a photo from Photobucket too, but it's not playing ball. Have a great Christmas!!
Edited by meegat39 on 13 December 2017 22:49:24
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.38 seconds
9,846,021 unique visits since 8th January 2014