Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 998
· Newest Rebel: AVALON

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [25 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [16 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [19 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
15% [17 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 116
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Horizon Advent Calendar Comments 2017
littlesue
Travisina wrote:
12. "(------) but no (-----)." Sorry, this one's got me stumped!

Brains but no heart (?) Star One...I think.
I'm still trying to sort out the Uncle Vere's anagrams!!!Grin

Information
Hey guys. I've enjoyed reading all of the contributions from everyone this year. You all come up with such imaginative things. Smile

Unfortunately I missed the sign up, but I've been working on a story for the free-for-all, however, I'm not sure whether to post it because; 1. it ended up being longer than I intended and might be too long for an advent post and 2. I don't know if people will like my twist (it's a bit dark).
I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or, indeed, why it should be necessary to prove it at all.

Travisina
littlesue wrote:

Travisina wrote:

12. "(------) but no (-----)." Sorry, this one's got me stumped!

Brains but no heart (?) Star One...I think.

Yes! Well done, Littlesue - Avon to Travis in Star One. Of course you'd know all the Avon lines - just as I knew all the ones said by or about Vila Grin

I'm still trying to sort out the Uncle Vere's anagrams!!!Grin

Huge respect to Joe Dredd - not only are the anagrams themselves brilliant, each line is a clue to the episode/s written by those anagrammed writers!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

BradPaula
Information wrote:

Hey guys. I've enjoyed reading all of the contributions from everyone this year. You all come up with such imaginative things. Smile

Unfortunately I missed the sign up, but I've been working on a story for the free-for-all, however, I'm not sure whether to post it because; 1. it ended up being longer than I intended and might be too long for an advent post and 2. I don't know if people will like my twist (it's a bit dark).

In the spirit of the Advent Calendar and the Holiday season in general, please share your story with us. I don't believe we have a word or space limit on Calendar contributions. All contributions are welcome so I'll be eager to read your story!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Joe Dredd
Yes, please do, Information. That's exactly what the 24th is for and the more the merrier!

If you wanted to, you could add a little introduction to the start of your post advising that the story is a bit dark. That way everyone has fair warning and can decide whether to read it or not.

Information
BradPaula wrote:

In the spirit of the Advent Calendar and the Holiday season in general, please share your story with us. I don't believe we have a word or space limit on Calendar contributions. All contributions are welcome so I'll be eager to read your story!

Joe Dredd wrote:

Yes, please do, Information. That's exactly what the 24th is for and the more the merrier!

Thanks guys, I'll post it in a bit. Smile
I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or, indeed, why it should be necessary to prove it at all.

Joe Dredd
I enjoyed your story, Information. Nothing of any concern or in need of a warning there either!

Information
Joe Dredd wrote:

I enjoyed your story, Information. Nothing of any concern or in need of a warning there either!

Glad to hear it Joe, ty. Smile I figured I was probably overthinking it, but thought I should check first (better safe than sorry and all that).

Joe Dredd
Thanks Information. I'm sure I speak for all the mods when we say that kind of forethought is much appreciated.

Joe Dredd
bob, short but epic!

Joe Dredd
Paula, I love the Decima. It looks much nicer that the coleslaw creatures we saw on screen! I hope we see more drawings from you in future now we know your talents extend in that direction too.

I wouldn't want to meet up with a security Dalek. It looks like it could stop tanks.

I love the photo of Groucho too ("No animals were harmed in the making of this picture!"). Nice to see the Paul Darrow "Macbeth" handbill/flyer on the wall too.

BradPaula
@Joe: Well spotted!. Yep, that's a signed MacBeth flyer sent to us from the man himself and his late wife. Prized possession of Brad's. On my side of the office? Nine photos and a few autographs of a certain actor who played a mercenary in some show.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Thanks Information. I'm sure I speak for all the mods when we say that kind of forethought is much appreciated.

Indeed.
Thank you for sharing your story, Information - I enjoyed reading it.

Hugbot
Apologies again for not posting on the comment thread but the last week have been rather crazy. However, it was great to open the Advent calendar every morning and to see a new lovely treat. I guess that helped to remain sane although I could savour the longer stories and intruiging puzzles only with a delay of a few days (and there is still two or three things I have to catch up with). Despite not having the leasure to communicate properly, I really enjoyed all your contributions and want to say thank you to all participants and to Joe for organising it again!

Joe Dredd
Thank you Hugbot and thanks for all your contributions too.

The Making of A Friend in Need is a searing expose of just what is going on behind the scenes of the movie industry. No moondiscs or hippos were harmed in the making of this film, but the cupboard got a right beating, the wine glasses were made to sing and police are still looking into the whereabouts of a gingerbread cake last seen in the neighbourhood. And that's not even mentioning the product placement deal that must've been hammered out with a certain pair of authors.

In other words Hugbot, thanks for sharing!

Ellen York
Thanks to all who contributed (and Joe for organizing). This is something I look forward to as part of my holiday season. It is hard to pick a favorite but A Friend in Need is adorable and I love the thought of our heroes as the wise men at the nativity (courtesy of Annie and Vanessa).

Merry Christmas to all!

Anniew
Great contributions as the day draws near. Thanks for posting Information...a chilling take on Servalan. And Joe....welll..kudos, kudos, kudos.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Travisina
Some wonderful last-minute entries for Christmas Eve!

Hugbot, I know only too well the effort that goes into making even the simplest of movies, so I enjoyed your 'Making Of' video with a wry smile!

Annie, a highly appropriate filk! I already had an earworm for that song, now at least I can hum it with different words!

Littlesue, that's a fun cartoon - thanks for sharing! (and big hugs for what is probably a difficult time for you all).

To everyone - thank you for making the Advent Calendar so much fun again this year. And a special, massively huge THANK YOU to Joe Dredd for organising it!

Merry Christmas, everyone Grin

Travisina
@Vanessa - those two songs (Spaceman Came Travelling & I Believe in Father Christmas) are my faves, too!

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Travisina wrote:

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

I'm putting my fanfic up on AO3 over the week-end ..I just need a snappy title.

Any-one got an idea? Any-one? Bueller???

How about:
Starlight by Seven
or
The Liberator Came Travelling

It ended up being called The Liberator came traveling

Thank you Travisina for the title
Edited by Travisina on 24 December 2017 18:52:29
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.54 seconds
12,238,253 unique visits since 8th January 2014