Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 919
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
The Way Ahead - 40th anniversary special
MLPasterisk
https://www.bigfi...-blake-s-7

"To celebrate 40 years since the first television broadcast of Blake’s 7, Big Finish will be releasing The Way Ahead in January 2018.

The Way Ahead marks 40 years since Blake’s 7 – the brainchild of Terry Nation (creator of the Daleks and Survivors) – was first transmitted on our television screens.

The original series followed Roj Blake (played by Gareth Thomas) as he led the fight against the corrupt Federation that controlled the majority of the galaxy. He quickly formed a ragtag team of rebels, refugees and renegades who became the crew of salvaged ship, The Liberator. Although some members of the team – including Blake himself – would leave, the fight against the Federation, personified by Servelan (played to much acclaim by Jacqueline Pearce), continued for four series of adventures.

The Way Ahead, by Mark Wright, is the perfect celebration of the television show, with the action taking place in three different time periods all linked by the popular character of Avalon who first appeared in the TV episode Project Avalon.

"It's been a particular honour and pleasure to be responsible for the story that celebrates 40 years of Blake's 7,” producer and director John Ainsworth tells us. “We've done our best to include all of the regular characters from the TV series, and I think Mark Wright has written a brilliant script which manages to encapsulate the essence of Blake's 7, as well as being very dramatic and exciting."

Joining Paul Darrow, Michael Keating, Jan Chappell, Steven Pacey, Yasmin Bannerman, Alistair Lock and Jacqueline Pearce are Stephen Greif, who returns as Travis, and Sally Knyvette who once again plays Jenna. And for the first time since the TV series ended, Glynis Barber returns to Blake’s 7 playing a new character (due to licence restrictions, we were unable to use Glynis’ original character of Soolin).

Avalon is played by Olivia Poulet who Big Finish listeners will recognise as Emma Peel from The Avengers: Steed and Mrs Peel audio releases.

The Way Ahead, a double-length drama that will be released in January 2018, is available for pre-order today at £14.99 on CD or £12.99 on download. Don’t forget that all CD purchases unlock a download exclusive from the Big Finish App and the Big Finish website.

Blake’s 7 fans can also continue listening to the new series of audio adventures for The Liberator crew in Crossfire, set during the third TV series."
Edited by President Solvite on 10 November 2017 10:59:57

President Solvite
Sounds interesting,

I edited your post to make your link clickable BTW.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
dragonq
Sounds lovely. So glad Glynis is joining in, I presume playing her mutoid character, and YAY! Jenna is back!

dragonq
It’s my birthday, and has been a very miserable day (spent in a palliative care unit with my poor father), so especially nice to hear this news today.

President Solvite
dragonq wrote:

It’s my birthday, and has been a very miserable day (spent in a palliative care unit with my poor father), so especially nice to hear this news today.

Happy Birthday.
I know you have said elsewhere its been difficult for some time.

Sending a hug, sympathies, and best wishes..

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
dragonq
President Solvite wrote:

dragonq wrote:

Happy Birthday.
I know you have said elsewhere its been difficult for some time.

Sending a hug, sympathies, and best wishes..

Thank you. I know I haven’t been around much, but I appreciate the kind thought. I do check in and see what’s happening, but rarely have the energy to post at the moment.

Joe Dredd
We're thinking of you, dragonq.

Joe Dredd
MLPasterisk wrote:

Glynis Barber returns to Blake’s 7 playing a new character (due to licence restrictions, we were unable to use Glynis’ original character of Soolin).

Interesting that Big Finish can't licence the Soolin character but at the same time have the rights to make more Star Cops.

MLPasterisk
Joe Dredd wrote:

MLPasterisk wrote:

Glynis Barber returns to Blake’s 7 playing a new character (due to licence restrictions, we were unable to use Glynis’ original character of Soolin).

Interesting that Big Finish can't licence the Soolin character but at the same time have the rights to make more Star Cops.

Yes that is strange. Suggests that maybe the BBC own the fourth season elements rather than Terry Nation's estate or Chris Boucher.

The two Radio 4 Blake's 7 plays were set during season 4.

clanger68
YESSSSS!

Sounds absolutely wonderful.

I hope they are able to work in some involvement for Blake somehow, maybe some audio clips/flashbacks, etc of Gareth, that would be the icing on the cake.

So glad Glynis is involved, she genuinely seemed keen when asked about it at a Cygnus Alpha event, also seemed perplexed why 'Soolin' could not be used, as did Stephen Greif.

Sorry to hear your day isn't that nice today dragonq, glad this news has cheered you somewhat and a very Happy Birthday to you.

- Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
JustBrad
Joe Dredd wrote:

My understanding is that there are aspects of S4 (characters?) to which the BBC has never owned the rights.

trevor travis
Yay!

Great news... and fab that Glynis Barber is back!

Meanwhile, the Star Cops news seems to reveal that it wasn't Chris Boucher holding up things, but the pesky Beeb.

Boucher was not a BBC employee at the time of Star Cops, so I imagine his copyright to the creator of the series was similar to Terry Nation with B7.

Sadly, he was a paid employee of the BBC when he created Soolin, Scorpio and Slave and that seems the crucial difference - the Beeb kept the copyright to those characters.

BradPaula
dragonq wrote:

Oh, how I have been in your shoes! Sending you birthday wishes (sorry, they're a bit late!) and also sending my thoughts and prayers your way! Blake's 7 is a wonderful distraction, I know that well.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
Really looking forward to The Way Ahead by Mark Wright. He's one of my favorite writers, him and Cavan Scott. Met Mark once, too. I'll have to quiz the Big Finish guys on the subject and see if I can glean any tidbits of news for our Forum while attending TARDIS con.

It's another one of those times I'll have to just say, "Shut up and take my money!"
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

MLPasterisk

It's another one of those times I'll have to just say, "Shut up and take my money!"

Ordered this as soon as the link went up. Grin

I'm assuming this will be available to download on 2nd January so we can celebrate the 40th anniversary.

Endless Midnight
Glynis Barber has posted a rather nice photo on Twitter of herself and Michael Keating from the recording of her play.

Photo

daro2096
It is a real shame Gareth is not around to be a part of it.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.47 seconds
9,458,250 unique visits since 8th January 2014