Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7 fanedits
sweevo
I'll take care of S4 if you like. Smile

Travisina
Lorna wrote:

Am I the only one that doesn't want Blakes 7 to be fixed?
Sorry Bob79519!!

You're not the only one, Lorna. B7 is far from perfect, but I love it just the way it is, Hugbots and all!
Also, speaking as a film editor, I think some of Bob's cuts would have a severely detrimental effect on storytelling, pace and narrative structure.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

bob79519
sweevo wrote:

I'll take care of S4 if you like. Smile

If you want to, although I will never consider it canon (unless I actually get Blake's 7 Continues made).

bob79519
Travisina wrote:

Lorna wrote:

Am I the only one that doesn't want Blakes 7 to be fixed?
Sorry Bob79519!!

You're not the only one, Lorna. B7 is far from perfect, but I love it just the way it is, Hugbots and all!
Also, speaking as a film editor, I think some of Bob's cuts would have a severely detrimental effect on storytelling, pace and narrative structure.

Can you please give an example?

bob79519
Here's seek-Locate-Destroy.

https://www.youtu...e=youtu.be

Changes:

-Removed the terrible robot, which involved cutting, trimming and rearranging scenes.

-Removed the shot of Cally's body after the explosion, we don't find out she survived until later.

-Cut out scene on Liberator which causes continuity error.

-Trimmed the rescue of Cally.

-Replaced terrible shots of the Liberator.

I have changed the running order so that Duel is next, I will explain more then.

trevor travis
Bring back the Hugbot Oops Oops Oops Grin

President Solvite
In my personal fan edit the 'Hugbot' would be replaced by something similar from the Terminator franchise, in the vein of those 'HK' tracked hunter-killer mechanoids with infrared sights, automatic plasma rifles (in the 40 watt range Pfft) motion trackers and heavily armoured a fearsome sight to behold indeed. Smile

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

Bring back the Hugbot Oops Oops Oops Grin

What Og Said ^

But maybe with PS's suggestion of a meaner leaner Hugbot.

bob79519
Alright guys, here's Dual. It's one of my favorite episodes of Blake's 7. I have placed it after Seek-Locate Destroy, becasue it ties in better with the ending of that episode.

There are not many changes, All I did was cut a few scenes maintain a level of surprise and mystery. I did want to cut more, but the music made it impossible. But I did fix the plothole with Gan and inserted the missing teleport music. Next up, is Mission to Destiny.

President Solvite
Duel is a brilliant episode, love that haunting music track with the Liberator achieving orbit and the piece with the pursuit ships standing by before they attack the Liberator

JustBrad
I'll take the bad with the good. My personal edit would be to consolidate antagonist aliens into a long arc.

The system, the aliens of The Darkling Zone who send the Killer virus, and the Andromedans would all be the same aliens.

The system would be a forward outpost.

The Killer virus would be an attempt to defeat mankind without invasion.
When that failed, the aliens would take Star One and invade.

Star one would not be located at the edge of the galaxy, but at the edge of the Darkling Zone. (The name would still be appropriate, One Star visible against the Darkling Zone). The Mine Field would be much smaller, of course, and preclude the possibility of the aliens simply driving around it. Finally, when Our Heroes had to 'plug the hole' in the Force Field after Travis' treason, Liberator would be facing off against an entire fleet of sister ships.

trevor travis
bob79519 wrote:

Here's seek-Locate-Destroy.

Changes:

-Removed the terrible robot, which involved cutting, trimming and rearranging scenes.

-Removed the shot of Cally's body after the explosion, we don't find out she survived until later.

-Cut out scene on Liberator which causes continuity error.

-Trimmed the rescue of Cally.

-Replaced terrible shots of the Liberator.

I have changed the running order so that Duel is next, I will explain more then.

I love the characterisation and dialogue in B7 - and don't mind the odd 'unconvincing' shot.

By getting rid of the security robot, you also lose two of Vila's best lines:
“Tell him I've just worked out a completely new strategy. It's called running away."
“There isn't a lock I can't open - if I'm scared enough.”

It's interesting to see what you've kept and what you haven't, but when I watch B7, it will be full, original episodes.

President Solvite
I like Brad's thinking of merging all the different Aliens into one protagonist striking from the Darkling Zone. Makes the minefield more doable even though it would still be a stretch IMHO. Was this idea raised in the old Letterzine?

The System aliens would be separate in my edit. But the opposing force we see in Spacefall would be the 'Andromedans' from Star One. possibly in a temporary alliance with some Federation 'Black Ops' forces. This is the battle the London stumbles across. Due to the political embarrassment of allowing hostile forces so close to Earth. This ffact is ultra compartmentalised and not revealed to regular Federation personnel or to the wider Federation population.

Leylan does mention two sides or more which I have always found curious. Also being captain of a prisoner transport means that Leylan is not privy to details many of the advanced and secret new ship designs the Federation has on the drawing board.

JustBrad
President Solvite wrote:

Leylan does mention two sides or more which I have always found curious..

Especially as he explicitly states that NEITHER side are Federation.

One of the great unanswered questions, who was attacking the system ship (Liberator)?

President Solvite
Well he says they aren't Federation Ships or at least the ones they can see on the scanner, the London is hardly the pride of the Federation Fleet. It isn't strictly speaking a military vessel. Referred to as a Civil Administration Ship London, a 'local authority' transport. Artix clearly states the battle is at the limit of their scanners which makes clear identification of ship types vague at best.

But it is the more than two sides that I find particularly of interest. Implies to me that several? formations of ships are multiple protagonists.

I think it's a damn great space battle. Two fleets, maybe more.

All of this taking place supposedly well within Federation territory.. Yet Space Command are seemingly unaware.. (or are they? Hence the minefield, weapons programs and major projects like the inter-galactic drive)

bob79519
JustBrad wrote:

President Solvite wrote:

Leylan does mention two sides or more which I have always found curious..

Especially as he explicitly states that NEITHER side are Federation.

One of the great unanswered questions, who was attacking the system ship (Liberator)?

If you want to find out what I think happenrd, then read the first episode of my Blake's 7 Continues project.

President Solvite
Yes I must confess I haven't done that, but will be interested in seeing what your thoughts are Smile

bob79519
Here's the edit to one of my favorite episodes: Mission to Destiny.

I didn't make many changes in the end, all I did was cut a scene or 2 and make a couple of trims to speed up the pacing. Next time is Project Avalon.

littlesue
Much as I admire what you are endeavouring to do, this is a 40 year old show you are dealing with.
A show whose production team went off to see the new film being produced down the road in 1977...and cried when they saw how much money George Lucas had and how much the Beeb were allowing them.
Considering what was available at the time with regards to SFX, our chaps did very well.
Every thing was used on B7...hairdryers, Mat Irvine's Auntie's sewing box, angle poise lamps, hoover hoses, the BBC canteen's cutlery tray; everything.
Mr Nation's remit was to produce a 50 minute action adventure show running over 13 episodes...and more if the Beeb liked it!
I watched your version of TWB..that was already done by the Beeb in their Beginning Tape.
I found the Spacefall episode....well, let's just say, if I was a newbie, the first thing I would have said is "Who are these two people? The Captain? His First Officer? Are they like the rest of the Federation? Nasty? Evil?"
The scene that you removed on the Flight Deck tell us who the character's are. Capt Leyland is moaning about ' No-one doing their jobs anymore," Artix is trying to better himself with a learning course, "I don't want to be stuck on old....sorry sir."
We see this time that not all the Federation Citizens are nasty people; they are trying to make do in a harsh world. We meet lots of them throughout the series.
I watched watch with interest your Time Squad video. The clue is in the title 'Time Squad'...you cut them out and we were left with 19 minutes of a show.
Mr Nation tended to write a story with 2 plots running alongside each other and splitting up the main characters. I never met the man, but everytime I saw his name at the start of any show, I knew we were going to have a good story. I know that some Horizon members did meet him.
I wonder what they think Mr Nation would say about you cutting out the main plot line?
BTW, on Time Squad there was a strange noise towards the end just before Cally said 'Thank you.'
So by all means continue your Fanedits...but please leave the model shots alone. Some of us oldies, brought up on Gerry Anderson, love them.
I'm looking forward to what you do with Voice from the Past...but please leave in the black flowing shirt worn by a certain rather nice computer expert; there are some of us who only watch it for that!!!!Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

bob79519
littlesue wrote:

Much as I admire what you are endeavouring to do, this is a 40 year old show you are dealing with.
A show whose production team went off to see the new film being produced down the road in 1977...and cried when they saw how much money George Lucas had and how much the Beeb were allowing them.
Considering what was available at the time with regards to SFX, our chaps did very well.
Every thing was used on B7...hairdryers, Mat Irvine's Auntie's sewing box, angle poise lamps, hoover hoses, the BBC canteen's cutlery tray; everything.
Mr Nation's remit was to produce a 50 minute action adventure show running over 13 episodes...and more if the Beeb liked it!
I watched your version of TWB..that was already done by the Beeb in their Beginning Tape.
I found the Spacefall episode....well, let's just say, if I was a newbie, the first thing I would have said is "Who are these two people? The Captain? His First Officer? Are they like the rest of the Federation? Nasty? Evil?"
The scene that you removed on the Flight Deck tell us who the character's are. Capt Leyland is moaning about ' No-one doing their jobs anymore," Artix is trying to better himself with a learning course, "I don't want to be stuck on old....sorry sir."
We see this time that not all the Federation Citizens are nasty people; they are trying to make do in a harsh world. We meet lots of them throughout the series.
I watched watch with interest your Time Squad video. The clue is in the title 'Time Squad'...you cut them out and we were left with 19 minutes of a show.
Mr Nation tended to write a story with 2 plots running alongside each other and splitting up the main characters. I never met the man, but everytime I saw his name at the start of any show, I knew we were going to have a good story. I know that some Horizon members did meet him.
I wonder what they think Mr Nation would say about you cutting out the main plot line?
BTW, on Time Squad there was a strange noise towards the end just before Cally said 'Thank you.'
So by all means continue your Fanedits...but please leave the model shots alone. Some of us oldies, brought up on Gerry Anderson, love them.
I'm looking forward to what you do with Voice from the Past...but please leave in the black flowing shirt worn by a certain rather nice computer expert; there are some of us who only watch it for that!!!!Grin

I have never watched the Beginning tape, so I can't comment on the similarities.

I cut out the scene on the flight deck scene in Spacefall as it did not advance the plot or characters. Besides, I thought it was pretty obvious who everyone was and who's evil and who isn't.

I never understood the title 'Time Squad'. Besides, the other plot is dull and boring and better left on the cutting room floor. That weird noise, is the end titles.

I will only edit the models shots if I think they look bad.

Also, I will not be editing Voice from the Past, as it's too bad to fix. The characters are idiots and are out-of-character, it does not make much sense (how Travis teleport down without a teleport bracelet?) and is a missed opportunity (it has an intriguing premise, but is ruined becasue everyone is an idiot) and does not fit in with continuity (Servalan is stated to have embezzled the money used to buy Orac, which doesn't fit with the events of "Deliverance". Servalan couldn't get hold of the money in the first place, which is why she decided that Murder Is the Best Solution).

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.43 seconds
9,467,638 unique visits since 8th January 2014