Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 919
· Newest Rebel: Ritter_der_Tiefe

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
15% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 96
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7 fanedits
bob79519
Hey guys, as I work on the final 2 scripts for Blake's 7 Continues, I have decided to take a short break and do some Blake's 7 fanedits. Fanedits are a version of a something modified by a viewer, that removes, reorders, or adds material in order to create a new interpretation of the source material. This includes the removal of scenes or dialogue, replacement of audio and/or visual elements, and adding material from sources such as deleted scenes or even other media.

In Blake's 7's case, it could use some work. Now I won't be editing every episode, as some are too bad to fix (The Harvest of Kairos, and series 4), but I will do what I can. Now, I don't have the skills to perform everything I want to change (like adding lasers to guns, fixing really bad shots) and some are no possible (like better video quality, the Doctor Who restoration team have proved that video restoration has come a long way since 2005, so a special edition DVD release would be awesome!), but I can remove continuity errors and speed up the pacing, as well as get rid of as many bad shots possible and add missing sound effects.

Here's the first edit, of The Way Back: https://www.youtu...eGUuNULhoA

Here's all the changes I made:

-Removed all the shots of Dev Tarrant while he follows Blake and co., as he just looks lost and confused, and ruins the surprise of him being a Federation spy.

-slightly trimmed the conversation between Blake and Foster.

-Removed the meeting, so now we see them get ready for the meeting, but the Federation troops show up before it happens.

-Removed scene of federation trooper looking through the vent and somehow can't see Blake.

-Trimmed massacre, resourced it and added sound effects.

-Removed scene of the justice department discussing how to get rid of Blake, make's it too obvious that EVERYONE in the Federation wants him guilty.

-Trimmed conversation between Blake and his lawyer before the trial.

-Trimmed conversation between Blake. Vila and Jenna.

-Removed short scene between Blake and Jenna.

-Removed the lawyer and his wife going to the location of the massacre, now, we see them approach the door to go outside, and the next time we see them, they are dead.

I probably made more edits, but those are all the ones I can remember.

sweevo
I like it Smile Much tighter and stronger - now do it 51 more times Smile (I'm joking).

Joe Dredd
I can't look at it yet, but were you able to get rid of those high-tech door-opening sound FX they had every time someone goes through a bog-standard door?

bob79519
Joe Dredd wrote:

I can't look at it yet, but were you able to get rid of those high-tech door-opening sound FX they had every time someone goes through a bog-standard door?

No, those are too advanced for my skills, I can get rid as many of them as possible though.

bob79519
Alright guys, here's the next episode: Spacefall

https://www.youtu...e=youtu.be

-Trimmed opening.

-Added missing sound effects to the guns.

-Trimmed conversations.

-Removed a few model shots.

-Removed stupid scene of Vila dropping the gun and causing the whole plan to fail, now the prisoners are defeated off-screen.

-Trimmed the Federation people going to the Liberator.

-Replaced the fake looking shots of the Liberator traveling through space at the end with shots from 'Redemption'.

This was a really frustrating edit for me, as there was no way to get rid of the loops (plan to take over the ship fails, Federation send multiple people over to the ship before sending Blake and co.). If it was up to me, then I would have had the London come across the Liberator while the prisoners were still preparing. That way, they could transfer to the Liberator and escape the London, avoiding Cygnus Alpha and increasing the pace of the series. And have RAIKER kill the prisoners who were not Avon, Blake, Vila or Jenna while transferring to the Liberator.

Joe Dredd
There's some scenes from Spacefall on Youtube that someone has added extra VFX to. I wonder if you could incorporate those? Or perhaps they'd be too lo-fi coming from YT?

bob79519
Joe Dredd wrote:

There's some scenes from Spacefall on Youtube that someone has added extra VFX to. I wonder if you could incorporate those? Or perhaps they'd be too lo-fi coming from YT?

I thought about it, but they looked very fake.

bob79519
Alright guys, here's my Cygnus Alpha fanedit:

https://www.youtu...LCWMbp4K14

Changes:

-Removed pointless recap of Spacefall.

-Trimmed people wondering around Cygnus Alpha.

-Added stabbing sound effect twice.

-Trimmed fight.

-Fixed the terrible editing at the end, and the terrible staging of the final scene in the teleport bay, and Vargas blowing up.

bob79519
Alright guys here's my Time Squad fanedit:

https://www.youtu...e=youtu.be

Changes

-Removed the whole sub-plot about the frozen people, as it made the episode dull, boring and slow.

-Removed the red tint on the planet.

-Added some new sound effects.

sweevo
19 minutes!? Wow. That must be a new record for the most filler-heavy B7 episode.

bob79519
Also guys, I'm not doing the Web, as while I could fix the pacing, I could not fix the terrible production design, or the stupid climax (seriously, an open door!?)

sweevo
In all fairness, I think some episodes can be skipped entirely (I was able to cut down the series' 52-episode repertoire in half based on whether or not an episode fulfilled two conditions: develop the characters and advance the overall plot/premise - if neither condition is met, then the episode had to go, although I did let one or two slip past the radar because they were fan favourites).

bob79519
sweevo wrote:

In all fairness, I think some episodes can be skipped entirely (I was able to cut down the series' 52-episode repertoire in half based on whether or not an episode fulfilled two conditions: develop the characters and advance the overall plot/premise - if neither condition is met, then the episode had to go, although I did let one or two slip past the radar because they were fan favourites).

Well I'm not editing series 4, so I'm not sure how many episodes I will edit in the end. My criteria is this: if an episode as good, just speed up the pacing and leave it be. If it's a bad episode that is not necessary to watch, skip it. If it's a bad episode that is necessary to watch, then try and turn it into a good episode (like I did with Time Squad).

As for episodes that are too bad to fix that are necessary to watch, then try to work around them. For example, The Keeper is too bad to fix, but you can't skip it, as it's when Star One's location is revaled. Let's just say I have figured out how to reveal reveal Star One's location early without plot-holes.

Whay do you think of the edit's so far? Is there anything you would change? Do you have any ideas for future episodes?

Next is is Seek-Locate-Destroy, and don't worry, I will get rid of the terrible robot.

bob79519
Also, I might change the order of the episodes a bit.

littlesue
bob79519 wrote:
Next is is Seek-Locate-Destroy, and don't worry, I will get rid of the terrible robot.

What?!
Oh dear, now you'll upset Hugbot.....Oops

bob79519
littlesue wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

What?!
Oh dear, now you'll upset Hugbot.....Oops

How?

Joe Dredd
Hugbot is our joke name for the multi-armed security robot, so our fellow forum member Hugbot might miss seeing his robot counterpart!

Lorna
Am I the only one that doesn't want Blakes 7 to be fixed?
Sorry Bob79519!!

bob79519
Lorna wrote:

Am I the only one that doesn't want Blakes 7 to be fixed?
Sorry Bob79519!!

Why?

bob79519
Joe Dredd wrote:

Hugbot is our joke name for the multi-armed security robot, so our fellow forum member Hugbot might miss seeing his robot counterpart!

Well don't worry too much, I won't be able to cut out the robot in Project Avalon.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,509,225 unique visits since 8th January 2014