Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: Wooks63

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Australia - Power - Nov 4th
trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

According to Hermit:

Betchworth quarry, near Reigate:

Time Squad Saurian Major surface
Deliverance Cephlon surface
Hostage Exbar surface
Moloch Sardos surface
Power Xenon surface
Warlord Betafarl surface

The last one is wrong. Warlord is not Betchworth. Glynnis Barber confirmed that last year (or was it this year?). Anyway, before Blake con this year, when I had a chat with the guy with the locations photos.

Kudos, TT! I bow to your superior knowledge (or research! )

Superior use of google Wink

I suspect that's what Orac uses as well Grin Grin

I guess it's still a step up from Holly using the Junior Encyclopaedia Of Space (obligatory Red Dwarf reference).

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

We only hear the tale of the Hommik-Seska war from Pella's side. I wonder if we could make a case that the Seska were actually the revolutionaries undermining society. Hence Nina stays because she's been unbrainwashed and identifies as being not-Seska any more.

I like that theory.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

Thwack! Avon rendered unconscious by a plastic keyboard.

THREE!

Joe Dredd
The Hommik computer room is self-maintaining. The high intensity radiation grid around Central Control is self-repairing. In some ways the Federation already had a lot of similar abilities to the stuff we saw on the Liberator.

Joe Dredd
The whole Avon-shoots-Cato then stands around on the left of screen looking to our right reminds me of the last bit of "Blake".

meegat39
Why wasn't there a call to the arena when Avon challenged Gunn Sarr? Story flaws
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Joe Dredd
I love the soft little "computers working" noises in the background.

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

The Hommik computer room is self-maintaining. The high intensity radiation grid around Central Control is self-repairing. In some ways the Federation already had a lot of similar abilities to the stuff we saw on the Liberator.

Maybe the System had already brought their tech to various planets? In the latest Big Finish release, 'Resurgence' looks at that possibility...

meegat39
Gunn Sarr's tap on the head would not have killed him...

Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

Why wasn't there a call to the arena when Avon challenged Gunn Sarr? Story flaws

More like a sound design flaw?

trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:

We only hear the tale of the Hommik-Seska war from Pella's side. I wonder if we could make a case that the Seska were actually the revolutionaries undermining society. Hence Nina stays because she's been unbrainwashed and identifies as being not-Seska any more.

Yes, that would make sense. The women were originally part of the male-led Hommik tribe, but some rebel about their treatment, and the whole thing gets out of hand. And Pella 'does a Blake' and perverts what was a worthy cause for her own means.

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

I love the soft little "computers working" noises in the background.

Me too. Nice touch from ... was it Liz Parker?

Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

And Avon's wouldn't have knocked him unconscious. Silly story telling!

trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:

I would guess it's because it's boosted by telekinetic power, and therefore powerful to break his neck.

Joe Dredd
It's strange that the Seska were losing the war. Given they could drop rocks on the men or make them shoot each other with their crossbows, I would've thought they could have wiped out a lot of Hommiks quite easily.

I suppose the counterargument is that they can't use their telekinesis over and over again - Pella loses strength with each use. Also, perhaps earlier in the war the Hommiks still had more advanced weapons from the old civilisation (nucleic bursters etc) and have used them all up and are now down to swords and arrows.

Joe Dredd
meegat39 wrote:

Gunn Sarr's tap on the head

Ultraworld! ; D

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Gunn Sarr's tap on the head

Ultraworld! ; D

Boom, tish!

BTW I've just read a Jack Reacher in which he gets knocked out, and suffers all sorts of symptoms afterwards - dizziness, nausea, falling over etc. Far more likely than Avon happily skipping around Betchworth after having been knocked out three times!

meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

I would guess it's because it's boosted by telekinetic power, and therefore powerful to break his neck.

I mean it didn't look convincing

Joe Dredd
Orac made up the codeword... so Orac could have easily been having a go at either Dorian or Avon!

"Oh no, not you, I meant the other one."

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Orac made up the codeword... so Orac could have easily been having a go at either Dorian or Avon!

"Oh no, not you, I meant the other one."

Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.55 seconds
9,449,088 unique visits since 8th January 2014