Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 1
skororu

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
October 2017 - Artwork Fanfic Challenge by Lurena
Travisina
www.blakes7online.com/images/news/oct2017_lara_artwork_-_400px.jpg

For our October artwork prompt, Lurena has sent us this scene featuring Vila, Avon and Jenna beside a pit. Who - or what - has fallen in?

Post your stories here!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
"So, let me get this right, "Jenna asked again."Travis thought the Persians had the right idea about the sanctity of messengers,."

Avon and Vila nodded. "It was my fault, "Avon confessed "I should never have shown Vila the 300 movie."

Vila made a kicking motion, "This is Sparta."

Jenna looked down the pit again, "It's a long way down . Still, we don't have to meet up with Blake for another 6 hours. Drinks are on me."
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Blakesheaven
The pitfalls of winter sports

Their frosty breaths disappeared into the darkness of the crispy autumn night, for once no one was chasing them and the atmosphere was unusually one of contentment, a relaxing distraction. Avon and Jenna stood on opposite sides of the frozen pool Vila and Gan appeared from the frost covered vegetation and with a “ whoo whooo” Vila launched himself onto the ice and with a certain grace slid across the entire surface of the pool, hitting the edge on the other side he decided on a comedy trip to finish off. Even Avon couldn’t help a proto smile which lasted seconds before he looked around to see Gan running towards the ice.
Gan was no more than a few feet into the frozen pool when a web of cracks began to race across the glassy surface, then with a massive cracking noise Gan disappeared followed by the entire frozen surface of the pool. It turned out that what superficially looked like a frozen pond turned out to be a now empty pit the water having drained away sometime ago leaving its icy lid.
Avon, Jenna, and Vila peered into the depths of the pit. Avon sighed and lifted his communicator “ four to teleport”

Anniew
Oh I enjoyed that Blakesheaven. How nice to have a new contributor. I loved Proto smile and the last line!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Anniew
And I enjoyed the alternative demise of Travis too Vanessa.

Blakesheaven
Anniew wrote:

Oh I enjoyed that Blakesheaven. How nice to have a new contributor. I loved Proto smile and the last line!

Thanks, I’ve been enjoying the stories and just wanted to give it a go too.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Anniew wrote:

And I enjoyed the alternative demise of Travis too Vanessa.

Thanks. I find I write more humorous fanfic for B7 than my other stuff.

littlesue
I'd thought I'd get in now as everyone is writing such brilliant stuff.

Naturally

“It’s not my fault,” Vila said indignantly to Avon.
“All you had to do was hang on…”
“And what about you? If you hadn’t been wearing those gloves you would have kept hold…”
“If Blake had tied a perfectly acceptable knot then he wouldn’t be down there…” Avon pointed out.
They were both standing on the rim of a depression; an almost natural looking depression but with exquisitely chiselled out parallel lines going down to the bottom…where Blake was now presumed to be.
“Look, I tried to hang on…I’ve got rope burns,” Vila implored.
“What’s happened?” It was Jenna. Calling from the other side of the depression, “Where’s Blake?”
“Down there; somewhere,” Avon offered somewhat indifferently.
“How?”
“The rope he was climbing down…it gave way,” Vila explained.
“Gave way? Or did it have a helping hand?” Jenna enquired, as she walked round the rim and came face to face with Avon.
“I’m afraid our great leader’s skills in knot tying are questionable,” he replied, unfazed by the accusation directed at him, “And what did you find?”
“Over that ridge, there’s a flood plain. There’s just a trickle of water, but…”
Avon was thoughtful. There was something about this depression with its skilfully hewn out lines…and the stone markers set in the side as the levels went down,“Zen reported a storm in the upper highlands…”
“So?”Jenna asked.
“We’re going to get wet,” Vila proffered.
“We won’t, yet…but if Blake is down there, then he most certainly will. This is a natural sink hole…if it’s connected via a tunnel to that flood plain…”
“Then the water could rush in here,” Jenna said, her voice trailing off.
“Will someone explain to me what this has got to do with a storm…”Vila implored, “Look, it’s starting to rain now!”
“I think every year those storms caused the river to flood and this is how the former inhabitants checked the inundation levels. Those stone markers are records of if the water was low…”
“Or high. We’ve got to get Blake out of there,” Jenna said.
Avon raised his wrist and thumped the comms button on his bracelet, “Blake, where the hell are you?”
“I’ve found a cave down here,” his voice crackled back, “It’s a bit muddy…”
“It’s going to be a lot more than just mud. Get out of there, a storm surge will hit you….”
Just then the heavens opened and the sink hole began to fill.
Through the driving rain, Avon could see Blake caught up in the swirling mass of flood water, struggling to stay afloat.
“Get Cally on standby…” he ordered no one in particular.
“What are you going to do?” Jenna asked.
“Try and make sure that teleport bracelet is above water when she hits the recall button,” Avon declared, removing his gloves and carefully placing them in his belt before clambering down to one of the stone markers.
“Vila, keep hold of me…”
“But I’ve got rope burns…”
“Vila!!!!”
Somehow through the driving rain, Avon saw Blake’s outstretched hand.
It was one chance…
He caught it and dragged a spluttering Blake to the safety of the rim.
“You saved me,” Blake said disbelievingly.
He was greeted with a smile that sent shivers down his spine.
“Naturally.”
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

BradPaula
A day in the life with Vila as a crew-mate...

The trio stood at the edge of a great abyss, pondering exactly what it was. Jenna had her weapon at the ready, Avon, a portable scanner in hand, also trying to fathom the peculiar hole in the ground. Vila, as always, either frightened or just bored with it all, began his monologue.

“That's a whole lot of hole there,” he started, with silence from his shipmates.

“This planet must have really giant gophers,” he quipped, chuckling to himself.

“Travis' hot-tub has gotten much bigger...” he trailed off looking down into the precise hole.

“We are DEVO,” he sang, to no response. He wasn't deterred one bit.

“I've heard of a stairway to heaven, but not the other way around!”

“Hole-y Mackerel,” he swore, hearing Avon groan softly.

“The Himalayas are quite small for this time of year...” he babbled and Jenna gave him a death's stare.

Undeterred, he asked to no one in particular, “I wonder how many of these would it take to fill the Albert Hall?” Still nothing.

He turned to Avon, “Could have this been made by a 'parking meteor' I wonder?” Avon now gave him his death stare.

Standing at the edge of the abyss, Vila exclaimed, “I wonder if there is a Warg-Strangler down there?”

Finally there was an answer from Jenna. "Vila! One more stupid joke and you just may find out.” But Vila was immune to her veiled threats and glare.

“Now, Jenna, you know how I hate personal violence, especially if I'm the person!”

Jenna finally holstered her weapon and walked away. Avon finished his scanning and followed Jenna.

“Now, wait, don't leave me alone," Vila pleaded. “The last thing I want to do is to fall down this stereo speaker of the Gods!” With no one listening anymore, he ran trying to catch up with the pair. He grumbled as he ran, “ No one appreciates my humor.”
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Anniew
Great responses to the prompt Sue and Paula. I needed cheering up and both of these made me laugh a lot.

Anniew
She woke with a spike of terror and lay there for several seconds unable to distinguish between the dream and reality but gradually she understood that he had got up and that’s what had woken her.

“Are you alright?” he asked, pulling the rough hessian curtain back across the doorway, shutting off the greenish light from outside. “I needed to pee.”

“The light.” She propped herself on an elbow, aiming for her normal, brisk delivery despite the sense of foreboding that still clung to her. “I was dreaming,” she explained. “A bad one. The light woke me.”

He grunted, barely interested, working his shoulder. “A dream,” he said. “We all have those.”

“It was silly,” she admitted, knowing he did not want to listen but impelled to speak about it. “There was a hole in the ground. We were all there. Standing around it. Looking in.”

He grunted again and moved to ladle himself some water from the barrel, deliberately avoiding eye contact but she persisted.

“Silly,” she repeated, brushing the hair back from her face. “ It scared me. The others just- dropped into it. One by one. Like it pulled them in.” She shivered and tugged the sacking around her for warmth. “ You’d gone,” she said painfully, “I was next. I knew that when I dropped, I’d disappear. I’d just drop into that hole and never come out.”

The grunt he gave again was a sour blend of weariness and bleak humour.

“Sooner or later, Jenna,” he said, dropping the ladle with a hollow splash, “sooner or later we will all do that.”

She was silent for a moment and then her natural optimism asserted itself.

“I’m hungry,” she smiled. “Let’s see what we’ve caught today.”

Outside the greenish light was smudged with streaks of red and lemon. A new day on Jevron. And for now, at least, they were both alive to watch it dawn.
Edited by Anniew on 15 October 2017 19:17:57

Travisina
Wonderful, Annie!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Rainesz
Because you demanded it. (Not really.) The sequel to "Omelette."

Reunion

"He was here just a minute ago," pondered Vila.

"Uh... HELLO?" came Blake's echoing voice.

Jenna whirled on Avon, reaching for her gun. "Avon, did you push him? I swear by all of the gods in the galaxy that I can remember, that I will fry your—"

Avon held up calm but defensive hands. "While I cannot lie that the idea hadn't crossed my mind, I'm just as puzzled as you about how Blake got down there."

"I can hear you, you know!" shouted up Blake from the peculiar perfect circle of the pit. "And I wasn't pushed so much as I was pulled. Will you all stop bickering and give me a hand out of here?" There was an awkward moment of silence and it then became apparent that Blake wasn't talking to them anymore. "Oh, uh... hello. I can't say I expected you to be down here."

"Servalan!" hissed Vila. "How does she keep doing it?"

Avon rolled his eyes. "I somehow doubt that it's Servalan down there, sipping champagne and waiting for us to fall into a cold, dank hole with her."

"I wouldn't put it past her," Jenna growled. "It's probably her vacation home."

Blake's voice sailed up to them again, annoyed. "Again, may I have your attention? And assistance? My teleport bracelet seems to have fallen off somewhere."

"Oops," Avon said, casually picking it up off the ground. "Now, how did that get there?"

With a warning snarl, Jenna jabbed him in the ribs with her gun. The three of them approached the steep rim of the pit and peered down.

Abruptly, something huge and serpentine emerged from the hole, large and fast enough to make them stagger backwards. A monstrous snake? No, a single, gigantic tentacle—and in its curled grasp was Blake.

"Oh, hey, thanks," their leader said with a certain awkwardness as he hung midair.

Another tentacle emerged, then another. More slithered out of the pit, one after the other, all the while pulling up an enormous blue and magenta body. It revealed itself finally to be some sort of—

"Octopus!" cried Vila.

"Stating the obvious as usual," sighed Avon as they all aimed their guns at it.

"WAIT!" shouted Blake, still in the thing's tentacled grasp.

Jenna forcibly put a restraining hand on Avon's gun-grip and he heaved a sigh of irritation. They waited.

The long slithery appendage gently moved Blake to the safety of the ground, uncurling from him and then retreating back to its bulbous body. Blake exhaled and brushed himself off, remarking, "Now, you do remember everyone, don't you?"

They realized he was addressing the octopus.

Vila suddenly grinned in joy. "Wait! Isn't that... it is! It's the little guy! Well... not so little anymore."

Recognizing them, the octopus changed colors in delight, becoming jade green and rust-orange. The last time they had seen it was when they had teleported it away after it had hatched on board the Liberator. It had had a tremendous growth spurt since then—and it also apparently held no grudges.

"Minion," Avon hissed, fascinated.

"Ahem?"

Avon turned and slapped the teleport bracelet back into Blake's outstretched hand.

"Oh, can we keep him, please, please?" begged Vila, bouncing in place.

"Yes. I would very much like to study it," said Avon with a hungry smile.

"Oh, for crying out loud," sighed Jenna.

Blake looked at the octopus, which was mewling pitifully at him. Finally, he sighed and lifted his wrist-comm. "Cally? Remember the baby cephalopod that imprinted on me...?"

Cally had been waiting in the Liberator teleport room and when she heard about their new crew member, she deafened Blake with a squeal of glee. "What should we name it?"

Avon gave Vila a pointed look. "Why not...'Omelette'? Which is what it had almost become, if I remember correctly."

Vila was pleased by this, and judging by its ever-shifting array of colors, so was Omelette. "I could feed him pancakes! Omelette, I happen to make fantastic pancakes."

"Minion," murmured Avon, "I have such plans for you."

Meanwhile, Blake rolled his eyes and began to plot how he would eventually "disappear" from the Liberator.
Edited by Rainesz on 19 October 2017 19:43:50

Ellen York
This is just so perfect. Avon wants a minion, Jenna being suspicious, Blake plotting his "disappearance". We need more adventures of Omelette the octopus Smile

Rainesz
Ellen York wrote:

This is just so perfect. Avon wants a minion, Jenna being suspicious, Blake plotting his "disappearance". We need more adventures of Omelette the octopus Smile

Heh heh, thank you, Ellen! Grin This could become "The Adventures of Avon's Space Octopus (And Friends)." Wink

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
https://archiveofourown.org/works/12433491 uploaded to AO3. I also write MCU fanfic which tend to be more adult themed.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

"So, let me get this right, "Jenna asked again."Travis thought the Persians had the right idea about the sanctity of messengers,."

Avon and Vila nodded. "It was my fault, "Avon confessed "I should never have shown Vila the 300 movie."

Vila made a kicking motion, "This is Sparta."

Jenna looked down the pit again, "It's a long way down . Still, we don't have to meet up with Blake for another 6 hours. Drinks are on me."

Rainesz
@Vanessa Doffenshmirtz:

I post there as well! Smile I'm Akisame8 there. ("akisame" is one of the many Japanese words for "rain" so it's sort of obvious it's me.)
I linked all my stories back to Horizon and the various prompts so people can find everyone else's stories here as well. And they might be inclined to join in as well! Wink
http://archiveofo...s/Akisame8

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Rainesz wrote:

@Vanessa Doffenshmirtz:

I post there as well! Smile I'm Akisame8 there. ("akisame" is one of the many Japanese words for "rain" so it's sort of obvious it's me.)
I linked all my stories back to Horizon and the various prompts so people can find everyone else's stories here as well. And they might be inclined to join in as well! Wink
http://archiveofo...s/Akisame8

Oooohhhh. I've read some of your stories over there in the past. It's nice to fit a face to the name so to speak..

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.45 seconds
9,179,180 unique visits since 8th January 2014