Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Special Tribute Rewatch - A12 Deliverance
BradPaula
Travisina wrote:

RB wrote:

What's happened to Lurena? She can't get in.....

She was here earlier. Any other reported problems?

Lurena's computer went down big time a few weeks ago and she has managed to fix it- so it seems to be her computer and not the site today. My computer is fine, as mentioned in an earlier post and that had to do with my computer not letting me on the Horizon site yesterday due to the filters we need to use here in the USA to keep the government from snooping around and checking out our browser history.

Edit: Just read where others are having problems. so never mind!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Astullken
Im still here, but if got VPN as well
"Blake is sitting up in a tree. Travis is sitting up in another tree. Unless they are planning to throw nuts at one another I don't see much of a fight developing before it get light!" --Avon

RB
Hugbot wrote:

Travisina wrote:

RB wrote:

Looks as if Ellen and Lorna have also lost the connection.
Happened to me a few minutes into the episode. I still can't reach Horizon via the standard connection, but I switched to the VPN. That seems to work.

No idea what that is....

meegat39
RB wrote:

Hugbot wrote:

Travisina wrote:

RB wrote:

Happened to me a few minutes into the episode. I still can't reach Horizon via the standard connection, but I switched to the VPN. That seems to work.

No idea what that is....

Nor me!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

RB wrote:

Hugbot wrote:

Travisina wrote:

RB wrote:

No idea what that is....

Nor me!

Me neither.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina
Such a shame the shots of Liberator were over-lit. Lost all the detail in the white wash-out.

JustBrad
Funny how the liquid oxygen and hydrogen didn't vent off from the chemical rocket after all those years.

BradPaula
VPN is a application which protects passwords, data and web browsing. In America, we have had laws enacted which let the government snoop on our internet activity and for those who think it's an illegal law, we have put these safe guards on our computers to keep the government out of our private lives. The problem is that sometimes it causes problems like I had yesterday. But I'll not go without it as I cannot trust my government at this time.

littlesue
Well, that was a lovely rewatch for a lovely lady.
See you all next week for TWB
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Travisina
Ah, it was directed by Michael E. Briant. Hence the classy shots and interesting angles.

Goodbye, Meegat - abandoned in the bunker in the snow.
RIP, Suzan Farmer. You were lovely.

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

VPN is a application which protects passwords, data and web browsing. In America, we have had laws enacted which let the government snoop on our internet activity and for those who think it's an illegal law, we have put these safe guards on our computers to keep the government out of our private lives. The problem is that sometimes it causes problems like I had yesterday. But I'll not go without it as I cannot trust my government at this time.

Thanks, Paula.

meegat39
Thanks all and thanks to Susan Farmer for her contribution as Meegat. A shame I never got to say it in person, RIP.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Hugbot
VPN means Virtual Private Network, it is sort of a protected connection. Usually, you have to pay for a VPN service; there are also VPNs free of charge but I wouldn't trust most of them. However, the Opera browser comes with an integrated VPN solution. That's what I am using at the mo.

The strange thing with the connection losses during the last months is that it always affected Ellen, Lurena and me and that the Horizon website was still pingable. I have the feeling there is some problem along the way of the standard route that Ellen, Lurena and I use.

BradPaula
Sorry to see a few of our members having trouble today logging on and staying on site. I'm hoping it was just some odd happenstance and not something to worry about. It was very nice doing a memorial rewatch for Suzan Farmer and I pray she rests in peace knowing that she had so many fans who loved her as Meegat.

Hugbot
Lovely rewatch (pity some of us had connection problems again!). Thank you for thecompany. See you next week! Oops

JustBrad
Amazing that as wonky as my connection is at work, I never have issues with Horizon.

JustBrad
Last night we had an issue with Paula's computer where she couldn't log onto Horizon (and a few other sites) with Google Chrome, but she could with Opera.
My computer, no problem.

Security settings, Browser update issues ?

Those of you having issues getting kicked off, have you tried logging back in with a different browser?

Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

Last night we had an issue with Paula's computer where she couldn't log onto Horizon (and a few other sites) with Google Chrome, but she could with Opera.
My computer, no problem.

Those of you having issues getting kicked off, have you tried logging back in with a different browser?

I had a problem last week at work where I couldn't get on to the internet via Google Chrome. Turned out to be the updated version of Malwarebytes that our IT people had installed the day before - it decided that Chrome was a threat and blocked it. I phoned IT and explained the problem.
IT chap: "Okay, I need to take control of your PC."
Me: "Fine."
IT chap: "Go to our website and select 'Assistance'... "
Me: "I CAN'T GO TO YOUR WEBSITE, I CAN'T GET ON TO THE INTERNET AT ALL - THAT'S WHY I'M PHONING YOU!"

Oops

Ellen York
JustBrad wrote:

My computer, no problem.

This is the at least the fourth week in a row that I have had problems. I use Firefox, haven't tried with a different browser. It has only happened on the re-watches and is consistently about 15-20 minutes into the episode (though I'm not usually on for that long at a stretch except during re-watches).

Lorna
Hi I am back this morning. I did try another browser last night. I tried Safari on my ipad, but no joy! I am really sorry I missed this Rewatch!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.57 seconds
9,919,670 unique visits since 8th January 2014