Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Series 4 Closing Theme
Bounty
Does anyone know if they ever released a full version of the jazzy version of the theme heard at the end of series 4?

Heatseeqerz
Hi.

I personally have not heard or seen it about anywhere. It would be interesting to know if it had and if it was about in an archive.

I am sure someone here would know, if they happen to drop by and see your post, that is.
Ergo there you go.

briggsy1
Did you know there were tentative plans to make a vocal version of the theme tune for S4 which were eventually dropped? Source: B7 Marvel Winter Special

Bounty
briggsy1 wrote:

Did you know there were tentative plans to make a vocal version of the theme tune for S4 which were eventually dropped? Source: B7 Marvel Winter Special

I had heard that! Wasn't it Steven Pacey who was asked to do the singing? I feel it might've been a bit much.

briggsy1
Yes, It says in the winter special: "Vere Lorrimer (producer S4) attempted to have a vocal version of Dudley Simpson's theme tune recorded. Lorrimer had written some lyrics in the manner of a romantic western ballad, and had planned to have Steven Pacey sing them to a new version of the theme by Norrie Paramor. The idea was then dropped."

JustBrad
briggsy1 wrote:

Yes, It says in the winter special: "Vere Lorrimer (producer S4) attempted to have a vocal version of Dudley Simpson's theme tune recorded. Lorrimer had written some lyrics in the manner of a romantic western ballad, and had planned to have Steven Pacey sing them to a new version of the theme by Norrie Paramor. The idea was then dropped."

And for good reason. Trevor Travis once obtained a copy of the lyrics and tried to sing them at a Horizon get together.
The main issue was that the meter of the lyrics didn't quite fit the music. They were also something of a love ballad,
wholly inappropriate to follow most of the S4 episodes.

briggsy1
I think Mr.lorrimer must have been at the magic mushrooms when he came up with this whacky idea!

BradPaula
JustBrad wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

And for good reason. Trevor Travis once obtained a copy of the lyrics and tried to sing them at a Horizon get together.
The main issue was that the meter of the lyrics didn't quite fit the music. They were also something of a love ballad,
wholly inappropriate to follow most of the S4 episodes.

Everybody sing... "There's a distant star in a distant sky..."
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
Found the lyrics online. Can you image this following Stardrive, or Orbit, or Animals, or Warlord, or Blake?

There's a distant star
in a distant sky
past the edge of time
way past Gemini.
Peace is there,
only beauty meets the eye.
Oh my love,
that's where we must fly,
and let the world go by,
Just you and I.

Come, hit the Stardust Trail,
we'll throw our cap at Mars;
we'll catch a comet's tail,
and we'll sail
to the stars!

Though the years go by
like a silver stream,
if our love is true,
we will find our dream.
Travellin' on,
suddenly that's where we are;
That distant star,
that distant star,
that shining distant star!

briggsy1
it makes me think of the opening credits to Fireball XL5. Would have been awful!

Grade Four Ignorant
Every time the jazzy riff and snare comes in, I keep expecting to see Bruce Forsyth appear and pull his macho man pose.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.32 seconds
9,885,300 unique visits since 8th January 2014