Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
15% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 96
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Lucifer: Revelation by Paul Darrow
Spaceship Dispatcher
Half way through this story already, and I'm really enjoying it so far! Paul's style of writing resembles speech rather than literature, so I can understand why some would find the text quite awkward and clunky, but this imo means the works lend themselves to the audiobook medium; with Paul reading the story, the words flow nicely enough. The intrigue, and graphic nature of the narrative in parts, makes this feel like Blake's 7 imagined with a twist of the GoT style. There's a great enthusiasm about Paul's efforts, with a plot that moves along without going too fast or taking short cuts and cast of interesting characters who feel like realistic and well crafted pieces on the board. Starting on the second half of the story now, but so far these are my favourite Big Finish additions to the Blake's 7 universe.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Actors' interpretations aside, Pandora Ess and Gabriella Travis are now two of my favourite Blake's 7 characters! I can imagine them played by Juliet Aubrey and Rachael Stirling Grin

Edit: and Adonis, another good character, played by Peter Dinklage Grin

Edit 2: visually, this reminds me of Doctor Who: The Space Pirates...
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 05 April 2015 19:55:25
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Just finished it, and can only give it the same thumbs up as I did the first volume. If I could twist BF's output to serve my own preferences, there would be a lot more of these eight hour stories on CD and fewer of the single disk short stories. But these deeper and more epic tales are not of course to everyone's taste and so I shall content myself with hoping that Lucifer: Genesis follows on the format next year...

Anniew
Oh SD I do agree with you! The Lucifers are such fun!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

dinalt
Have to say that I'm not sold on the Lucifer range.

Easy to listen to (as Paul Darrow's a great narrator), but seems to have very little to do with the Blakes 7 universe.

Though Avon could be cold, in the Lucifer stories he's almost a 'Rambo' type killer.

And the weapons definitely don't fit a B7 continuation. Machine guns, shotguns, knives etc...................a few decades after B7, surely they should at least still have plasma bolts etc.

And ORAC is far too different to the original series.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.28 seconds
9,500,843 unique visits since 8th January 2014