Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

 Print Thread
Lucifer: Revelation by Paul Darrow
Travisina
Big Finish have announced the second book in Paul Darrow's Lucifer trilogy - Lucifer: Revelation - will be out in May and is available to pre-order now.

Further details in news item here: http://www.blakes...eadmore=31
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes
 
Spaceship Dispatcher
Let's hope that its available as an audiobook read by Paul again, the same as volume one... Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site
 
Grade Four Ignorant
I just hope it's better than Lucifer.
 
BradPaula
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

I just hope it's better than Lucifer.


I echo your thoughts exactly. But saying that, I have this new novel on order and wait anxiously to read it. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.
 
Grade Four Ignorant
Seeing as I did enjoy Avon: A Terrible Aspect, I'll give it a shot.

By enjoy, I mean I enjoyed it as a pulp sci-fi novel, just not a Blake's 7 novel.
 
Gauda Cheese
I dig the cover.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...
 
Joe Dredd
There's something about the cover that looks a little off. PD's face seems to be out of proportion to the body, perhaps made larger to compensate for the fact his hair isn't as 'full' as it used to be. The cropping is a little severe against the background. The shoulders seem to be the derided 'bumper car' costume, but knowing it's not liked Avon's hiding the shoulder pads under some drop sheets. The right arm looks too long (shoulder to elbow) and the left arm looks too short, even given the foreshortening of the perspective. The fingers look odd and also the tilt of Orac looks wrong.

All that said, it's great to see Big Finish working on giving us an 'up to date' photo of Avon; one relevant to the period the books are set in.

i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/B7Revelation_zpsec7ad099.jpg


Mr. Darrow said...
"The third book, Lucifer: Genesis, goes back to the beginning, as it were. So you'll get to find out my take on Servalan and her rise to power, Avon's pre-series history, and a bit more besides!"


It will be interesting to see whether PD meshes "Avon's pre-series history" with Avon: A Terrible Aspect or ignores it completely.
Edited by Joe Dredd on 01 March 2014 13:05:41
 
Spaceresearcher
Terrific cover, the only thing I don't like is the fact that the Orac on the front looks to be a Season 1 or 2 Orac, it is not Orac as we see him in Season 4.

Personally I'm looking forward to it. At least Paul is one of the people trying to continue the story, which is something I've wanted for a very long time. (More Blakes Legend would be terrific to link the new material together).

I'll be there for the book and the dramatic audio reading if it's in the pipeline.
 
Joe Dredd
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Terrific cover, the only thing I don't like is the fact that the Orac on the front looks to be a Season 1 or 2 Orac, it is not Orac as we see him in Season 4.


Orac was modified throughout the series, so I'm sure we can imagine Avon has continued to tinker with it.
 
Spaceresearcher
Joe Dredd wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

Terrific cover, the only thing I don't like is the fact that the Orac on the front looks to be a Season 1 or 2 Orac, it is not Orac as we see him in Season 4.


Orac was modified throughout the series, so I'm sure we can imagine Avon has continued to tinker with it.


Smile I thought someone would mention that, I thought about it myself. However, you will notice that distinct U tube at the front. That eventually disappears. So the new tinkered version would look different again from the first 4.
Still, I'm just a mad keen fan. Most people will not even blink at the details.
 
Joe Dredd
Spaceresearcher wrote:
you will notice that distinct U tube at the front. That eventually disappears.


I'm sure everyone on the forum is aware of the differences in Orac from series to series, at least broadly speaking!

It had occurred to me too that it looks like a regression, but since we don't know what it is, or what it does, there's no reason why Avon couldn't use a similar part later, depending on what he had access to. I'm sure Avon doesn't care what Orac looks like, as long as it works!
 
Lurena
Joe Dredd wrote:



i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/B7Revelation_zpsec7ad099.jpg


Mr. Darrow said...
"The third book, Lucifer: Genesis, goes back to the beginning, as it were. So you'll get to find out my take on Servalan and her rise to power, Avon's pre-series history, and a bit more besides!"


It will be interesting to see whether PD meshes "Avon's pre-series history" with Avon: A Terrible Aspect or ignores it completely.


I'm curious too about that Joe Dredd. And what will "a bit more besides" mean?
I'll wait for the reviews to come.

That cover image does not impress me at all, the Avon and Orac are in wrong perspective, but one thing makes it ok: Avon still has those dark eyes.... *
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*
 
http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Joe Dredd
Lurena wrote:
That cover image does not impress me at all


His left arm looks like it's hanging by his side, with a fake left arm propped up on the bench next to Orac.
 
briggsy1
He looks a lot like Alan Sugar to my eyes in that picture. "Orac:- You're Fired"!
 
Grade Four Ignorant
Big Finish have taken it down now, so either it was released too early or is a mockup and not the final piece.

I get the feeling we'll see Avon having a hand in Blake's rebellion.
 
BradPaula
Lurena wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:



i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/B7Revelation_zpsec7ad099.jpg


Mr. Darrow said...
"The third book, Lucifer: Genesis, goes back to the beginning, as it were. So you'll get to find out my take on Servalan and her rise to power, Avon's pre-series history, and a bit more besides!"


It will be interesting to see whether PD meshes "Avon's pre-series history" with Avon: A Terrible Aspect or ignores it completely.


I'm curious too about that Joe Dredd. And what will "a bit more besides" mean?
I'll wait for the reviews to come.

That cover image does not impress me at all, the Avon and Orac are in wrong perspective, but one thing makes it ok: Avon still has those dark eyes.... *


I don't mean to be deliberately rude, but I'm not impressed with the book's artwork one bit. It looks like Avon has become a Thunderbirds puppet. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.
 
Travisina


I don't mean to be deliberately rude, but I'm not impressed with the book's artwork one bit. It looks like Avon has become a Thunderbirds puppet. -Paula


Big Finish have taken it off their website - it was put up in error, as it's not the finished version. I think we should wait to see what the final version looks like before commenting further!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes
 
Lurena
Travisina wrote:



I don't mean to be deliberately rude, but I'm not impressed with the book's artwork one bit. It looks like Avon has become a Thunderbirds puppet. -Paula


Big Finish have taken it off their website - it was put up in error, as it's not the finished version. I think we should wait to see what the final version looks like before commenting further!

Oh that's good news! I got a bit worried about the quality of Big Finish's cover lay outs.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*
 
http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Spaceresearcher
BradPaula wrote:

Lurena wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:



i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/B7Revelation_zpsec7ad099.jpg


Mr. Darrow said...
"The third book, Lucifer: Genesis, goes back to the beginning, as it were. So you'll get to find out my take on Servalan and her rise to power, Avon's pre-series history, and a bit more besides!"


It will be interesting to see whether PD meshes "Avon's pre-series history" with Avon: A Terrible Aspect or ignores it completely.


I'm curious too about that Joe Dredd. And what will "a bit more besides" mean?
I'll wait for the reviews to come.

That cover image does not impress me at all, the Avon and Orac are in wrong perspective, but one thing makes it ok: Avon still has those dark eyes.... *


I don't mean to be deliberately rude, but I'm not impressed with the book's artwork one bit. It looks like Avon has become a Thunderbirds puppet. -Paula


ROFL. By Stardrive Paula, your right. It does look a bit Thunderbird. They should just do some photos will Paul as he is now, in all his matured glory. No need to spice/distort it in photo shop at all in my opinion.
 
Spaceresearcher
Joe Dredd wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:
you will notice that distinct U tube at the front. That eventually disappears.


I'm sure everyone on the forum is aware of the differences in Orac from series to series, at least broadly speaking!

It had occurred to me too that it looks like a regression, but since we don't know what it is, or what it does, there's no reason why Avon couldn't use a similar part later, depending on what he had access to. I'm sure Avon doesn't care what Orac looks like, as long as it works!


I hear you Joe Dredd. I'm just glad there is a new sequel by the one and only Paul Darrow. For that I'm very thankful indeed.
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
9,144,088 unique visits since 8th January 2014