Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
The Babel Fish is real!
Travisina
Just stick it in your ear
Babel Fish

Such a shame Douglas Adams isn't around to see his off-the-wall idea become reality.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
If you can imagine it it can be invented!!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Security Robot
Even more shameful was the second series of Hitchhikers never being made, the reason for which is to be found in A hitch in the galaxy - the making of a legend by Alan J W Bell. It's a superb book packed with photographs that I hadn't seen before and a very insightful text by Alan, the definitive work on the subject.

rojkerr1
What was the reason please

Security Robot
John Howard Davies sent a memo to all production departments, the cancellation of the second series was "due to the author's inability to write it"……

This book also confirmed my views about Douglas Adams' personality and originality (or lack of) as a writer. There's a lot of detail about the original production that the contrived interviews on the 'Making of' DVD doesn't touch on, for instance the attempts to frustrate and sabotage the production by a few working it, working against the petty attitudes of the BBC, and then there are the personal successes and triumphs of one sort and the other. The disgraceful treatment of Alan J W Bell by certain individuals was quite shocking too.

There are some great photographs in the book and on page 106 is a real treat for those whom like the magic of TV…. Jim Francis setting up that outstanding and convincing hanging miniature shot of the Heart Of Gold, the precursor to the equally convincing shot of the Scorpio in the episode Star Drive.
There is also a funny story concerning Derek Meddings in the book too, I am not going to say anymore as I don't want to spoil the enjoyment of the book for those whom may wish to purchase it, it is well worth every penny.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.23 seconds
9,887,557 unique visits since 8th January 2014